Most 'fouling' team in SPFL

Their answer.

Rangers get away with fouls and that's why the foul count is low.
Celtic get penalised when no foul is committed.

You can't reason with their level of paranoia and delusion.
Yeah heard that argument many times, they get penalised for the slightest thing to break up their momentum but not enough to give bookings hence it proves the refs are Masons

Do Offsides count as fouls against in this sense or is it “true“ fouls only?
Can see Timothy claiming they have pyoor hunners of wrong offside against them.

After eight SPFL matches Livingston top the table.

But there's something more revealing within it and stinks to high heaven.

Never take your eye off the ball.

gn20.png
8 yellow cards after 113 tackles, why am I not surprised?

There is actually no explanation for such a massive disparity between two teams who play almost identical type of games, dominating lesser teams. We’re not even below the league average!

This has been the case for around 20 years. You can go back and check on transfer market website. It is blatant.

They’re using the Aberdeen game as proof they’re victims because of the number of fouls given against them. But they have shite players trying to press all over the place and the table in the OP shows what they’re really getting away with. If the refs gave them cards when they should, they wouldn’t be able to press and foul as much as they do because they should be getting yellow cards for persistent fouling. Jota kicked the Aberdeen player every time the ball went near him.
Yip, Jota was booked for his seventh foul, he later committed an eighth.

Rangers committed eleven fouls total in a top of the table duel with Hibs.

no doubt the fearless journalists in our impeccable Scottish press will be all over this, exposing the rank double standards tarnishing our game...

We know they wont. That is why Rangers should employ a researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies by the football authorities, politicians (Dornan), police, judiciary and of course the media who ignore stats like this as it doesnt fit their agenda.

Failure to do this has allowed our enemies to demonise us and make us public enemy number 1. This is unacceptable.

i wonder if posters will think twice of saying 'i dont think ref's cheat'? here we have proof of a collective effort by referee's, linesman and 4th officials to turn a blind eye to their fouling.

i wonder if posters will think twice of saying 'i dont think ref's cheat'? here we have proof of a collective effort by referee's, linesman and 4th officials to turn a blind eye to their fouling.

In my opinion most of them aren't cheating as such but subconsciously they err on the side of caution and that means going easy on Celtic. We all know the outrage that follows controversial decisions against them or for us. Referees are human. They're part of society. They conform to societal norms.

Then there's Clancy.

He had 5 separate fouls in 9 first half minutes between the 25th and 34th minutes

5 times Madden blew his whistle for a foul not once did he even speak to him let alone think about booking him , the Aberdeen right back ( Kennedy I think ) was asking the question of the referee who eventually booked Jota in the second half , he went on to have more fouls and as you say left the field of play to antagonise the Aberdeen support after scoring a late goal , again no booking

A club like no other …..
He committed 5 fouls on the same player of Aberdeen their right back Ramsay who asked Madden after the 5th about a booking as a Dons player had just been booked for his 1st or 2nd offence but nope nothing

But as my celtc mate said " not every foul is a booking " ....... but persistent fouling is ... was my reply

Cards shown celtic 7% but have 3rd highest fouls. Clancy
The thing is it's been the scum tactics fpr years.

Referees give them 2.5 fouls to everyone else 1 foul.

Then the scum fans and media scream that the referees are biased against them.

VicTims doing what they do.

Lie and cheat.

The game was shameful the bias was so obvious from start to finish.

I know it comes across as a little bitter, some will scream para, but ive watched loads of games Madden has done and the effort he puts into keeping on the right side of Celtic players, manager, fans, media, is absolutely incredible.

It wouldnt be so bad if the same thing happened with Rangers but his record for showing our players red cards is possibly the highest in about 20/30 years.
The game where Jones got himself stupidly sent off, McGregor had 2 fouls that were stick-on yellows at least and wasn't even booked.

(Give the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't have put in the 2nd one had he been booked for the first).

I can’t find info for the qualifiers as far as fouls committed but for the two Europa League games, v Betis, eleven fouls conceded, two yellow cards and versus Leverkusen, seven fouls, two yellow cards.
They've played 8 European games this season, Midjilland (2) Jablonec (2) Alkmaar (2) Betis and Leverkusen

86 fouls 15 yellows and 1 red. That's on a par with Hibs in OP.
84 fouls 15 yellows and 1 red.

I notice this has been posted on the Motherwell forum. Good to see it getting more traction. One of the guys on there also gave some stats from other leagues:

To compare that to something outside of Scotland, West Ham have the highest fouls per card in the EPL at 10 fouls per card. Then it's Chelsea at 8. Italy is AC Milan on 9. Spain is Sociedad on 8.4. Germany is Bayern Munich on 12 then RB Leipzig on 10.

Celtic‘s is 14.1.

I notice this has been posted on the Motherwell forum. Good to see it getting more traction. One of the guys on there also gave some stats from other leagues:

To compare that to something outside of Scotland, West Ham have the highest fouls per card in the EPL at 10 fouls per card. Then it's Chelsea at 8. Italy is AC Milan on 9. Spain is Sociedad on 8.4. Germany is Bayern Munich on 12 then RB Leipzig on 10.

Celtic‘s is 14.1.
Staggering. So we've either to believe that CeItic commit more soft fouls than all the teams throughout these leagues, or that Scottish referees are incredibly lenient when it comes to cautioning them. Hmm.

This is what decades of relentless media pressure results in.

They'll still, with a straight face, tell anyone who listens they are victims of institutionalised cheating.

Staggering. So we've either to believe that CeItic commit more soft fouls than all the teams throughout these leagues, or that Scottish referees are incredibly lenient when it comes to cautioning them. Hmm.

This is what decades of relentless media pressure results in.

They'll still, with a straight face, tell anyone who listens they are victims of institutionalised cheating.
It’s slowly dawning on some others. Another comment from on there:

That’s actually quite a staggering set of stats and yet again blows any ludicrous idea that referees are anti-Celtic right out of the water. You won’t hear anyone in the MSM bring these up mind you, can’t be upsetting the elephant in the room.

What this also does though is show that Celtic’s faux victim propaganda and bullying tactics work in their favour. Since they caused the refereeing strike back in 2010 many match officials have been running scared of them and to be honest I can totally understand why. Celtic, their support and their backers in the media and in politics are an extremely dangerous bunch who could and would make their lives a misery if they didn’t toe the party line. It just wouldn’t be worth the hassle on a personal level but it’s a sad reflection of the Scottish game that one club have so much control, on and off the park.

This has been the case for around 20 years. You can go back and check on transfer market website. It is blatant.
Yup and the fact our press shout and holler when something goes for us/against them and this is not highlighted shows exactly where the bias is. I remember these stats showed on here before along with the Europe stats which funnily enough were all pretty consistent. I’m sure there was one that showed refs and again highlighted those that favour them and those that don’t. Guess which ones seemed to get more Celtic games! (I may not be 100% correct but I’m sure it was highlighted on here before).

Celtic‘s is 14.1.
So its an outlier for the whole of Europe, not just Scotland.

Tabloids ran stories in recent years of "Rangers get more penalties than anyone else".

Statistically will be nothing like this, yet not one journo will highlight it.

Why not.....

Ref the guys looking for info on the source for stats.
The BBC website is v good for this.
On their football home page
select "Scores and fixtures."
"enter a team or competition" Select "Celtc"
You will then get all their games in chronological order.
Select a game.
At the bottom of the match report check "match stats"
Then "line ups" which shows what cards were issued to which player.

The game where Jones got himself stupidly sent off, McGregor had 2 fouls that were stick-on yellows at least and wasn't even booked.

(Give the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't have put in the 2nd one had he been booked for the first).
Hes been doing it for years mate thats why hes popular with the media.

We need to get away from all this paranoia about refs being honest.

Walsh is and Collum after that well im struggling.

Ref the guys looking for info on the source for stats.
The BBC website is v good for this.
On their football home page
select "Scores and fixtures."
"enter a team or competition" Select "Celtc"
You will then get all their games in chronological order.
Select a game.
At the bottom of the match report check "match stats"
Then "line ups" which shows what cards were issued to which player.
If Sportinglife have covered the game, they give detail of the times of the fouls in the commentary tab. I use them for things like the discussion points in this thread and Soccerbase for appearances. Both pretty good.

Last edited:
In my opinion most of them aren't cheating as such but subconsciously they err on the side of caution and that means going easy on Celtic. We all know the outrage that follows controversial decisions against them or for us. Referees are human. They're part of society. They conform to societal norms.

Then there's Clancy.
Sorry mate always like your posts but the idea Clancy is to blame for everything is nonsense.

Madden is worse, Craig Thomson was much worse than Madden, the idea refs dont know what they are doing is ridiculous. It is a clear tactic used to avoid issues with the media.

Would we say the press dont know what they are doing ? absolutely no chance.

Their answer.

Rangers get away with fouls and that's why the foul count is low.
Celtic get penalised when no foul is committed.

You can't reason with their level of paranoia and delusion.
The answer to that is if the refs are so biased as to be awarding unfair fouls they’d surely be hammering them with a corresponding number of yellow cards. They are thick paranoid kunts

Sorry mate always like your posts but the idea Clancy is to blame for everything is nonsense.

Madden is worse, Craig Thomson was much worse than Madden, the idea refs dont know what they are doing is ridiculous. It is a clear tactic used to avoid issues with the media.

Would we say the press dont know what they are doing ? absolutely no chance.

I dont think we're that far apart in our opinions.

Do you believe Madden and others set out to intentionally cheat us? For me that's going too far but Id like to hear your opinion.

So its an outlier for the whole of Europe, not just Scotland.

Tabloids ran stories in recent years of "Rangers get more penalties than anyone else".

Statistically will be nothing like this, yet not one journo will highlight it.

Why not.....

I think WE all know the media ia biased against us. Look no further than the evidence produced by David Edgar. What I dont understand is why Rangers dont employ someone to produce statistics proving this. They could make a fotune selling books on the subject packed full of evidence.

Weird assessments from the dark side unsurprisingly, their way of thinking is off the scale.
They reckon because their team are lacking in punishments it is down to them not being tough enough.

These people are a very strange breed indeed.

gn20.png

Yeah heard that argument many times, they get penalised for the slightest thing to break up their momentum but not enough to give bookings hence it proves the refs are Masons
Whole seasons would give better evidence than batches of 8 games but this needs looked at in more detail. Are celtic's figures due to one or two games or have they been treated differently in all 8 games? If it's specific games then who were the referees? How do these figures compare for whole seasons in previous years? How do the figures compare each year in games where the league has been decided. More questions than answers from me, but the evidence in the OP suggests other clubs should be looking for explanations.

Back