Most ill you have ever been at a Rangers game?

Hibs at Ibrox maybe 10 years ago. I was incredibly hungover, started to feel better and needed food about 25 mins in. Didn’t want to miss the game so thought I’d hold off to half time. Got up at half time and started feeling horrific as I smelled the food. Went to the toilet, which was rammed and was sick in the urinal. Embarrassing.

Joined the pie queue straight after and was fine once I got food in me.

Glasgow cup final against the filth early 80s Sandy Clarke 1-0 to Rangers, was feeling terrible that day due to a sickness bug but battled through courageously

Not ill, but tore my ankle ligaments on the old pebbles that used to be at cowcaddens subway station whilst heading to a game vs Clyde (5-2 Nieto scored 2 I think)

Was absolutely raging that it went to extra time that night, game was abysmal and the pain excruciating.

Ended up in casualty at midnight.

the day we played hivs in 79 Scottish cup final was really ill but dragged myself out of bed to go to game, once I got in felt dizzy and went up to a policeman to say I was ill and he told them to let me out as he thought I was drunk which I wasn't . Didn't miss much mind you 0-0 borefest but I was fecking fecked that day lol.

Ended up going to first reply after watching it wished I was still ill oooft

Never been too ill thankfully but hungover plenty of times. Spewed on the bus on the way to a game last season after a hair of the dog backfired big time. Didn't quite make the toilet and most of it went all over me. Got myself half cleaned up in the portable bogs just opposite the megastore. Luckily I was wearing dark clothes. Had to sit through a shite game aswell. Think it was a 1-0 win over Hamilton.

Day after boxing day I think it was about 8/9 years ago away to Hibs

Was at the arches the night before in my early 20’s at a rave. Was pished and had taken an eccie or 2. Didn’t get home until 6am, think I slept for about an hour or 2 and was up for a few drinks and then the bus to Easter Road

Felt horrendous at the game. Straight home to bed and slept for about 16 hours.

Would hate to get a dose of the skitters where I sit in the Copland the toilets are a disgrace:eek:

Went to the old firm game at Ibrox where Gazza scored that brilliant goal late on. Had been signed off work with an ear infection so bad the side of my head was swollen. Full of serious pain killers and with barely any sleep for three days. Couldn't stand anything touching my head. Bloke behind me whacked my head three times despite my explaining the situation. I'm embarrassed to admit I nearly strangled him the third time. Shouldn't have been at the game but I have the memory of the game long after the pain has gone.

Livingston at home. Severe stomach pain just when Kent went off.

Made it to full-time and made it back to the car for my mate to drive me to hairmyres. Suspected appendicitis.

The Bo Anderson game when we beat the scum 3-1 at Ibrox.

I had an ear infection that was making me dizzy and made the last minute decision to go to the match.

Jumped up and collapsed when Bo put us 2-1 up. Just fell off my seat for the 3rd goal - thought I was going to pass out.

Had to wait for about half an hour after the match and a steward and my sister helped me down the stairs. Somehow made it to Copland Road and got a taxi home from there.

I generally get ill on a regular basis, especially when winter comes a long- for example after attending that on Sunday I’m struck up with a virus and fever. I also only just about managed to attend Porto away (after 4 Imodiums)

What’s the most unwell you have ever been attending one of our matches?
I had a very bad case of the piles of that counts

I was feeling rough on Sunday with a sore throat, gave in after it worsening and got antibiotics for it today from the quack!

Friendly against AC Milan at the beginning of 2009. Admittedly I was already ill with some sort of bacterial infection in my stomach but there was company that had travelled further than I did so that we could go to the game together.

At the time I was in constant pain and pulling the car over to throw up - Mrs Ibroxkev later said that she thought I had cancer but thankfully that thought never crossed my mind. Tramadol got me through that game.

On a separate note, there was a definite sense of loss inside my heart on Sunday night.

Rangers 4-2 Beitar Jerusalem 1998. I was only 4 years old so don't really remember it. But my dad said we spent most of the game going back and forward to the toilet cause I was spewing and sh**eing non-stop. Did we leave before 90mins? Did we f**k!

One that I remember more clearly is Rangers 1-0 ICT. Christmas Eve 2016. Lunchtime kick off, didn't go to bed from the night out before. Started the supporters bus journey steaming, then it turned to a hangover. I spent half the journey being sick in a carrier bag. Had one mouthful of a pint in the wee Rangers club before telling my pals I needed to go outside cause it was too hot inside and it was going to make me spew again. Stood outside in the freezing cold for about an hour until we went up to the ground cause I couldn't stand inside without feeling like I was going to spew. Sat in the ground shaking like a sh*ting dog for 90 mins. Didn't even get up to celebrate our only goal. Spewed the majority of the supporters bus journey home. My mate took a picture of me and my face was actually green. Got home, slept for two hours, woke up and felt like a brand new person. Straight out to the pub and back on the bevy. No idea how my recovery was so quick.

Went to a game in 2014 on crutches with a big stookie on my leg, worst walk ever from Helen Street, it was during a time when seats on either side of me were empty so I had room to put my feet up on seat in front haha, never again.

Steaua in the late 80s. I had what turned out to be the start of influenza. Felt like utter shite but still managed to sing Hagi, Hagi get tae fck from the EE for 90 mins plus stoppage time.

The 1-0 at home to Hamilton last December I was absolutely gubbed. I almost never went, and anyone who knows me knows that it needs to be something huge for me to even consider that. Ne'ertheless I scooted along to what was a horrendous game settled by an early Candeias goal. Ended up in hospital that night and there I stayed for six days with a sever throat and liver infection.

Steaua in the late 80s. I had what turned out to be the start of influenza. Felt like utter shite but still managed to sing Hagi, Hagi get tae fck from the EE for 90 mins plus stoppage time.

Flu is absolutely fuckin horrible. Does my head in when people take a day or two off work, or have a bad cold and say they've got the flu, or even worse "a touch of the flu". If you've genuinely got actual influenza there's not a hope in hell you're able to get out of bed for anything up to a fortnight

Against Aberdeen at Ibrox circa 1972. Had to get off the bus to be sick on the way to the game, couldn't stand during it because of the pain in my gut, took twenty minutes to walk the two minutes from the bus stop to my parents house after it. On seeing me they called the doctor who stuck his finger up my jaxie then immediately called an ambulance which blue-lighted me to hospital where I had my appendix removed. Apparently it was pretty close at the end.

Flu is absolutely fuckin horrible. Does my head in when people take a day or two off work, or have a bad cold and say they've got the flu, or even worse "a touch of the flu". If you've genuinely got actual influenza there's not a hope in hell you're able to get out of bed for anything up to a fortnight
That was bad enough but I had a bad bout of 'tropical influenza' whatever the fck that is on Boxing Day 2013 for 11 days when in the Middle East. It was horrible, couldnt sleep, didnt eat, high temperature, couldnt get my head off the pillow and it felt like a leprechaun was sitting on my head banging it with a hammer. The Doc said that they do what they call a tenner test. The Doc puts a tenner on the floor, if you can get up and pick it up you can keep it. If you get the tenner its not flu. He stil has his tenner.

Folk who are sitting sniffing claiming they have the flu should spend 5 minutes with real influenza.

On the week leading up to the last game of the season in 2009 I had been in bed with the flu for about 4 or 5 days. It was just as swine flu can about so it was probably that. I recovered just on time and went to the game with nothing more than a bad cough.

Rangers v Aberdeen back in 2000
Was at a party the night before that continued until time to leave for the game.
Was in a bad way got to Ibrox fell asleep on my seat and when I woke up Ibrox was empty missed the full game.
Thank feck social media wasn't a big deal back then or I'd still be paying the price

Last edited:
Queens Park 0 Rangers 1 - 2012

One year i didn't get the flu jag and got the flu, ruined my entire 2 week break from work and this game was absolute garbage. Felt like sh!t and desperate to get home, the Fraser Aird goal did make it worthwhile but i've never felt so ill in my entire life. Never again !!

100 percent mate.

Dundee Utd away, Paul LeGuen era I’m sure.

Horrible flu, could barely breathe and travelled on supporters bus.

Sat in those shitey, cramped, old, wooden bench seats too.

Wtf was I thinking.

That would have been a bad cold. Trust me, if you had the actual flu, you wouldn't be able to leave your bed, never mind travel anywhere.

The first Mojo goal against them had been out Friday night, woke feeling rough as feck, decide a curer would help.
Had one in the local headed into town to meet the mates upstairs in The Vale.
Come 14:00 felt like I was on my way off this mortal coil.
Gave my big mate the ticket and headed home, woke up about 23:00 still feeling like death even finding out the score barely raised a smile.
Turned out I had glandular fever off work for 3 months, still sure I can feel it even now and again.

During a champions league game at Ibrox in 2007 maybe, I was genuinely feeling as sick as a dog, had to go to the medical room and leave just after half time.

I remember it because we scored and the noise was unreal. My mate had to be collected by security from our seats because I was so rotten.

there was nae drink involved btw.

My mate had to drive me home to edinburgh, and as soon as I got in the door it was Ralph, Hueeeey, the lot. Nightmare.

During a champions league game at Ibrox in 2007 maybe, I was genuinely feeling as sick as a dog, had to go to the medical room and leave after half time.

I remember it because we scored and the noise was unreal. My mate had to be collected by security from our seats because I was so rotten.

there was nae drink involved btw.

My mate had to drive me home to edinburgh, and as soon as I got in the door it was Ralph, Hueeeey, the lot. Nightmare.

I think it was the Stuttgart game, I'm sure it was.

7 days in bed with flu with my sheets getting changed twice a day due to me being drenched in sweat, got up to watch us play them on the 8th day at Ibrox and straight home to bed after it for another 3 days. The one and only time I’ve had a genuine flu and it was horrific.

Technically I did get let out of hospital on an overnighter while waiting on a gall bladder removal op to go to Parkhead for the 1-0 shame game in 2011. I was roughly the colour of an amber traffic light with jaundice. Stupidity.

Never been ill as such, but I'll be at Thursday's game (and subsequent games until it clears) with shoulder capsulitis - an inflamed shoulder joint.

I can barely stretch or bend my arm without getting pain somewhere. Cramp in my hand, forearm, or just a shooting pain in my bicep. I can only sleep on my left side and wake up in agony during the night.

But I'm not missing any of our 55th league title season.

Not ill as such but the night we played The Sheep and Alex McLeish broke Terry Butcher's leg,I had an eye patch on as I had an operation to get a growth removed around my eye ..not the best of days!.
The Edu game against the Tims ,I was involved in an accident a few days before it and had a temporary sling on,my ex wife thought I was mad going but I didn't care.The outcome was very enjoyable although I was telling the folk around me not to touch me when he scored!!.

Back when it was the Sunday night 18.05ko for sky sports. It was Hibs away and on the bus down to Edinburgh my eyes became so painful, worked out it must of been arc eye when i was in a fabrication workshop the previous day. It was agony, I could barely open my eyes and couldn't look at bright lights. i had to buy a pair of sunglasses before the game and sit at an evening game with them on! i'm sure we got beat as well, i think Zitelli scored for them. what a miserable day!

Cup winners cup final v Fiorentina in 1961.
Home from work,bite to eat and changed for the game.
Heading out of the door to catch the supporters bus when my old mum called me back.She'd spotted a rash,no pun intended,and check it out and decided it was measles and I was going nowhere.
I told her I would keep my collar up and bolted out the door before she could catch me. :D

Sunday there. Woke up Saturday morning quivering, hallucinating and in agony with what I think was the flu. Managed to get my symptoms under control and went to hampden, didnt enjoy it one bit I felt awful from the moment I left. Shivering, sweating, dizzy etc... woke up on Monday back to square 1 and looking like I'll be off work all week and potentially miss young boys

This is the way I am right how, hoping its only a 24hr thing.

A game at Boghead in the early 80,s. Ted McMinn scored direct from a corner. I had a massive boil under my arm pit. The pain and location of it was horific plus the poison made me feel sick as the proverbial.

If you're genuinely ill with the flu, why would you go and spread your germs to other Bears at Ibrox? It's incredibly selfish behaviour.

I can’t remember the exact game but must be around 90-92 I reckon anyways - I hadn’t felt great on the bus down to Larne. Got on the P&O boat and spent half the time to Cairnryan on the bog. I felt bad for anyone else having to come into that toilet :oops:

Thankfully it started to settle because otherwise I couldn’t have got back on the bus again but to say “I’ve felt better” for the rest of the day is an understatement. It was a long trip home again.

Needed a severe dump at Ibrox earlier in the season, checked out the toilets behind the cubicle doors and refused to go! Not only were they disgustingly stinking, it was a fecking wooden rim around the toilet! Looked like something from 70's! Had to hold the shit in the whole match, bus journey to Cairnryan until I got onto boat!! Journey from hell

Hungover to %^*& at an early KO OF games in 2000's. Think we won 2-0 , sky camera went right onto me and everyone was bouncing and smiling and I was arm folded and looking like a poet that sneaked into the Copland

Bursaspor away

burning up, felt ill
waking up in middle of night swetting

still made game but by god i was dead

1. A LCF at Parkhead where Ally scored an overhead kick. Was ill so gave my ticket away. One of the boys said at least come down to the pub for half an hour before we head away. Put my slippers on as I said to the wife if I don’t I will end up being talked into going to the game. Yep, went with slippers on.

2. A match at Hampden near Xmas where Fraser Aird scored in the last minute v QP. Was out of it with a virus but had promised my son and daughter would take them so couldn’t back out.

3. Got my son a ticket for Sunday (15 now) and he got tonsillitis during the week. He battled through it. Was strange being in the same stadium at more or less the same time of the year with the roles reversed. Maybe I set him a good example when he was a kid.

Back