Most managers for a premier league team?

greggakd

My colleagues and Ihaving a discussion about which English premier league club will have had the most managers, when they’ve been in the premier league.

we’ve all been trying to find something on google but the answers are “since the EPL was formed”, and counting managers while clubs have been in the championship.

I figured this is the type of random facts you usually find some one on FF seems to know so thought I’d ask

edit: I will add that I don’t actually know the answer, some replies make me think people think this is a quiz, when I was actually looking for the answer :D

Last edited:
Watford maybe? Not Premier league every season but usually have 3 managers each year or something like so it seems lol

My colleagues and Ihaving a discussion about which English premier league club will have had the most managers, when they’ve been in the premier league.

we’ve all been trying to find something on google but the answers are “since the EPL was formed”, and counting managers while clubs have been in the championship.

I figured this is the type of random facts you usually find some one on FF seems to know so thought I’d ask :D
Chelsea possibly? Though if you're counting seasons they were in the Championship as you say, Leeds could be up there.

Crystal Palace will be up there too although they've had nearly as many years out of the top flight as in it.

Im not sure what your criteria are.
It’s just a discussion we were having amongst ourselves, about who we think may have had the most while the club was in the PL. So championship or lower league managers don’t count unless they managed in the PL

Chelsea just beat Spurs by 1 I think. That's counting all caretakers etc, Spurs seemed to have had a caretaker between most permanent appointments. It's 23 v 22, that's if you're counting each appointment as a new manager and not just counting the people

Back