Most Northern Scottish football player

Northampton Lodger

I love honking my horn
Had a random thought yesterday when it was windy. Has there ever been a player from Orkney or Shetland.

The guy who lived in my street in Caithness was called Mike Larnach and he played for Clydebank at the same time as Davie Cooper. Bryan Gunn was a decent goalie.

Apart from those two I can't think of another player born north of Inverness.

Had a random thought yesterday when it was windy. Has there ever been a player from Orkney or Shetland.

The guy who lived in my street in Caithness was called Mike Larnach and he played for Clydebank at the same time as Davie Cooper. Bryan Gunn was a decent goalie.

Apart from those two I can't think of another player born north of Inverness.
Mike larnach, remember him from the football cards in the 70s

Back in the day alot of decent players up north were overlooked due to scouting systems not stretching that far. That, and alot of people didn't want to leave home. Have a pal you didn't go for a trial with Rangers because he would have to move to Glasgow at 16. He wasn't a bear so the extra motivation wasn't there.

Andy Morrison Ex Man City Captain and now Connah's Quay Manager
Davie Ross Ex ICT and Ross County

Both from Kinlochbervie NW Sutherland

Don Cowie Helmsdale East Sutherland

Are you “Adamant” about that ?
p0Up2J1.jpg

Jim bett played in iceland and married a burd from there.
Akways thought jim was a strange guy.

Used to see him in Starbucks in Union Street Aberdeen after he stopped playing. He was a real gentleman a colleague of mine new him and introduced me to him. In for my daily coffee he always said hello and asked about how our game had gone. I believe he moved to Iceland and lives there now.

Used to see him in Starbucks in Union Street Aberdeen after he stopped playing. He was a real gentleman a colleague of mine new him and introduced me to him. In for my daily coffee he always said hello and asked about how our game had gone. I believe he moved to Iceland and lives there now.
Fuuck living in Iceland. Scotland is cold and bleak enough.

Back