Most overrated & underrated player - in the world?

Overrated - Kylian Mbappe
Underrated - Son at Spurs.

Mbappe ?!? Seriously ?!? Hahaha unbelievable.

He is 20 years old and will arguably be best player in the world in the next 5 years.

He has everything.

As for the original question

Over rated - Sergi Roberto for Barcelona - he must have something but anytime I see him play he’s not at the same level as a player that players at Barcelona

Underrated - Back in the day was Paul scholes he was sensational and no surprise other pro’s rave about him - notable mention for Busquets at Barcelona as wel he often goes unnoticed but he is sensational.

That he’s the best striker in his league, pushing for the best centre forward in the world.

You can’t use scoring against semi professional sides as some sort of barometer though, I’m sorry. Jamie Vardy has scored goals against Man Utd, Liverpool, City, for England and in the CL too, all for lesser sides than Kane’s Spurs team. Does this also put Vardy right up there in the top bracket?
When did vardy score loads goals in champs league?you keep
Just bringing up points that suit your stupid argument.
So as a pure goal scorer who is better in the world?aguero,greizman maybe?
Messi and Ronaldo on a whole new level btw

He is 20 years old and will arguably be best player in the world in the next 5 years.

He has everything.

As for the original question

Over rated - Sergi Roberto for Barcelona - he must have something but anytime I see him play he’s not at the same level as a player that players at Barcelona

Underrated - Back in the day was Paul scholes he was sensational and no surprise other pro’s rave about him - notable mention for Busquets at Barcelona as wel he often goes unnoticed but he is sensational.

To be fair I don't really know many people who 'rate' Sergi Roberto...he just seems to be a fairly reliable squad player although I think Semedo is the better right back.

When did vardy score loads goals in champs league?you keep
Just bringing up points that suit your stupid argument.
So as a pure goal scorer who is better in the world?aguero,greizman maybe?
Messi and Ronaldo on a whole new level btw

Aguero, Lewandowksi, Suarez, Cavani, Salah, Griezmann, Mbappe is headed that way, Neymar on his day, and there are other strikers who are in better form around Europe at present.

Vardy’s team don’t have the luxury of playing in the CL every year, when they did, he got on the scoresheet.

Funnily enough it’s you whose being entirely selective with what you acknowledge or don’t acknowledge here. “Aye 5 goals in ra World Cup, but let’s lot look at what teams they came against and in how many games, just forget about that it doesn’t suit the agenda”. Could write what you know about fitbaw on the back of a postage stamp mate.

You’ve obviously missed the fundamental point of the thread from the get go so best to bow out, though I’m sure you’re still scratching your head at how it’s possible for Kane to score against Man Utd and still be considered to be overrated.

He has everything.

This is exactly why I think he's overrated.

You just know too it's being said by folk who watched him for 4 weeks last summer in the World Cup and one or two Champions League games a year.

Overrated - Neymar

Underrated - Laporte considering the hype surrounding Van Dijk.

Glad someone else pointed out Laporte. Absolute monster of a player, consistent, but doesn't get the attention he deserves because he plays for City who are expected to defend well while Liverpool had a hopeless CB pairing til van dijk came in.

This is exactly why I think he's overrated.

You just know too it's being said by folk who watched him for 4 weeks last summer in the World Cup and one or two Champions League games a year.
Overrated ? He won the World Cup and Got in the team of the tournament being second top goal scorer at the tournament, he’s scored 27 goals in 25 games for Psg this season and the guys 20 years old :D

Overated Higuain of Argentina, and underrated Firminho of Brazil, much closer to home in the EPL, overated Sterling of Man City and underated Saha of Crystal Palace

Modric overrated :eek: what are people watching.
I always go with my gut reaction on questions like these and Modric came into my mind as underrated. I thought about Ramos as being overrated. Good but not in the same class as a Maldini, Baresi or a Pique

I'm sorry but this is just mental. You're judging an international career but completely excluding club careers. What did Cruyff achieve in his international career?

Messi blew Maradona away a long time ago. Pele counts goals scored against under 15 reserves.

As I said, possibly the best of his generation, but Ronaldo is in with a shout there. Pele, Cruyff and Maradonna completely dominated the 70, 74, & 78 World Cups respectively. Maybe it’s a generational thing

Aguero, Lewandowksi, Suarez, Cavani, Salah, Griezmann, Mbappe is headed that way, Neymar on his day, and there are other strikers who are in better form around Europe at present.

Vardy’s team don’t have the luxury of playing in the CL every year, when they did, he got on the scoresheet.

Funnily enough it’s you whose being entirely selective with what you acknowledge or don’t acknowledge here. “Aye 5 goals in ra World Cup, but let’s lot look at what teams they came against and in how many games, just forget about that it doesn’t suit the agenda”. Could write what you know about fitbaw on the back of a postage stamp mate.

You’ve obviously missed the fundamental point of the thread from the get go so best to bow out, though I’m sure you’re still scratching your head at how it’s possible for Kane to score against Man Utd and still be considered to be overrated.
Who did vardy score against in champions league come on back your statement up?
Your boring me know because I actually think you just spout pish to get a reaction.
I will leave this with you ok..i

I said strikers you do know salah and mbappe don’t play as stikers?when did vardy score in champs league?
Your boring me now because you argument has no substances so I will just leave this with you now..
In the pfa team of year 4 years in a row
Golden boot prem winner 2 years running
20 international goals in 35 games
Golden boot 2018 World Cup
In team for World Cup dream team
Champions league 14 goals in 18 games
Prem league 125 goals in 181 apps
Yeah ya right he’s over rated and is actually just a average player.
Bye

Who did vardy score against in champions league come on back your statement up?
Your boring me know because I actually think you just spout pish to get a reaction.
I will leave this with you ok..i

I said strikers you do know salah and mbappe don’t play as stikers?when did vardy score in champs league?
Your boring me now because you argument has no substances so I will just leave this with you now..
In the pfa team of year 4 years in a row
Golden boot prem winner 2 years running
20 international goals in 35 games
Golden boot 2018 World Cup
In team for World Cup dream team
Champions league 14 goals in 18 games
Prem league 125 goals in 181 apps
Yeah ya right he’s over rated and is actually just a average player.
Bye

Vardy scored against Atletico Madrid and Sevilla. Do you have anything to add to that or are you ready to go and stand in the corner yet?

I didn’t say Kane was an average player, this is why attempting to debate with people like you is actually quite futile, because you don’t think about what’s being said, you just overreact like an angry fanboy and start throwing as much shit as you can to see if any of it sticks.

I’ll leave you with this. Harry Kane - winner of......drum roll............FÙCK ALL.

The guy Veron who lauded for Parma among others way the most over rated I have seen and Wee Alex McDonald as underrated as he never got the full respect or plaudits he deserved other than from us.

Vardy scored against Atletico Madrid and Sevilla. Do you have anything to add to that or are you ready to go and stand in the corner yet?

I didn’t say Kane was an average player, this is why attempting to debate with people like you is actually quite futile, because you don’t think about what’s being said, you just overreact like an angry fanboy and start throwing as much shit as you can to see if any of it sticks.

I’ll leave you with this. Harry Kane - winner of......drum roll............FÙCK ALL.
2 champions league goals in his career wow :eek::eek::eek:
I’m not saying you think he’s average I’m saying with all those stats and accolades you surely can’t be over rated.
Let’s come back in a few years when he breaks the all time premiership goal scoring record.

2 champions league goals in his career wow :eek::eek::eek:
I’m not saying you think he’s average I’m saying with all those stats and accolades you surely can’t be over rated.
Let’s come back in a few years when he breaks the all time premiership goal scoring record.

Are you that simple? His team have only been in the competition one solitary time, but way to make a tit of yourself pal. Shall I start having a go at Kane for his lack of goals in the Copa America?

He could break that recored and people could still deem him to be overrated. Best thing you can do is to make sure you understand the OP’s question before you start embarrassing yourself.

To be considered overated or under, you need to have been tested or turned up in some high pressure games I think.

This season, overrated for me has to be Sancho. Not the boys fault but he is pretty much labeled as the second coming, watched him vs Spurs and vs Bayern and he was nothing more than a decent winger. Good player and young, but massively over hyped for me.

Underrated this season for me is Mane. The guys been outstanding but doesnt get anywhere near the level of praise he deserves, a lot of praise just focuses onh is speed, but he has so much more to his game.

To be considered overated or under, you need to have been tested or turned up in some high pressure games I think.

This season, overrated for me has to be Sancho. Not the boys fault but he is pretty much labeled as the second coming, watched him vs Spurs and vs Bayern and he was nothing more than a decent winger. Good player and young, but massively over hyped for me.

Underrated this season for me is Mane. The guys been outstanding but doesnt get anywhere near the level of praise he deserves, a lot of praise just focuses onh is speed, but he has so much more to his game.
Sancho is a good shout, I've no doubt he'll have a great career but he's hyped up to a ridiculous level right now.

James Rodriguez is overrated for me too, a good showing at the 2014 world cup and that's about it.

Over rated - Tony Martial, Lingard, Higuain, Witsel.

Under rated - Sergi Roberto, Saul, Guedes, Insigne.

I would have agreed with those saying Thomas Muller as under rated but he's been poor for the past 18 months if not more.

Modric overrated :eek: what are people watching.

Well I mean it's a valid point. He is overrated because he was voted as the best player on the planet which is just mental.

Overated Higuain of Argentina, and underrated Firminho of Brazil, much closer to home in the EPL, overated Sterling of Man City and underated Saha of Crystal Palace

Higuian is a great shout. Genuinely looks as if he's won a competition to play football.

Re: Sancho, I think it's a bit harsh on the boy. He's still a teenager and I'm pretty sure he's got the most assists across the top 5 leagues (ahead of Messi) which is some feat.

Are you that simple? His team have only been in the competition one solitary time, but way to make a tit of yourself pal. Shall I start having a go at Kane for his lack of goals in the Copa America?

He could break that recored and people could still deem him to be overrated. Best thing you can do is to make sure you understand the OP’s question before you start embarrassing yourself.
Your the one saying vardy scored champions league goals just like Kane and I just said you can’t compare because vardy has only scored 2,your the one embarrassing yourself tbh who actually can’t see a player who is frankly a goal machine at every level.
How can a guy who is going to be all time prem scorer ahead of shearer,Henry,drogba,bergkamp etc classed as over rated?are you really that simple!anyways it’s like talking to a brick wall with you so bye because your boring me now

Your the one saying vardy scored champions league goals just like Kane and I just said you can’t compare because vardy has only scored 2,your the one embarrassing yourself tbh who actually can’t see a player who is frankly a goal machine at every level.
How can a guy who is going to be all time prem scorer ahead of shearer,Henry,drogba,bergkamp etc classed as over rated?are you really that simple!anyways it’s like talking to a brick wall with you so bye because your boring me now

forrest-gump_credit-paramount-pictures.jpg

The most underrated for me is David Silva or Sergio Aguero. Had they been playing like they have for the past 5 years for Barca or Real they'd be widely renouned as two of the best ever. La Liga is where FIFA, UEFA, Balon D'or and all that give their recognition.

Overrated for me is Lukaku, just a physical beast with slightly more ability compared to all the other 1 up top style strikers in the PL. For what United paid for him he should be competing for Golden Boot every year.

Müller is not underrated. He is shite (i know he was scored loads of goals a couple of years ago). Ask every Bayern Fan you know which player they hate the most. 99% will answer: Thomas Müller.

He is so shite he could play for Scotland.
Wish he played for us.

Pereira who plays for Leicester, Docoure - Watford and Gueye - Everton - Wan Bissaka all excellent players who could play for better teams than they do.

Players playing in sides who make the last 8 of the CL ie Son, Kane and Eriksen aren’t really undertated - the vast majority of people who watch football can see and know they are good, daftness talking about players of that ilk.

Last edited:
Back