Most popular clubs in Scotland 2004-2018

Ataturk

AAA1-B27-D-30-D8-4-CB3-BB3-A-E35688-AEE607.png

Someone on Reddit made this a couple of years ago using data from Google Trends. The results are predictable: we are overwhelmingly the most popular club in Scotland.

Discuss.

I remember an official thing showing the most supported teams in the UK and we were 3rd I think? Only Man United and Liverpool had more support.

Makes it all the more incredible that we are so marginalised .... this without doubt shows the power of having your people in place within the establishment. The Nationalist/Catholic/ Celtic minority have manged to wield disproportionate influence and drive the narrative due to their commitment to the cause, whereas we have absolutely no political drive at all.

Ladies and gentlemen ... there lies the difference between them and us .... their motivation to take the positions of power in government and media to promote themselves and harm us, is front and centre of their minds at all times.

We have let this happen to the point that we almost lost our club.... when the fck will we fight back

Rangers was founded as a football club. The fact that the original founders were Protestant was a demographic thing as Scotland was, and is, a predominantly Protestant country. The formation of one club and their secular reasons was the reason that religion became an issue in football. Conveniently and constantly overlooked.

Once again showing that Scotland is a dog being wagged by the tail. It’s very similar to a referendum map with central Glasgow and Dundee being the major outliers.

Makes it all the more incredible that we are so marginalised .... this without doubt shows the power of having your people in place within the establishment. The Nationalist/Catholic/ Celtic minority have manged to wield disproportionate influence and drive the narrative due to their commitment to the cause, whereas we have absolutely no political drive at all.

Ladies and gentlemen ... there lies the difference between them and us .... their motivation to take the positions of power in government and media to promote themselves and harm us, is front and centre of their minds at all times.

We have let this happen to the point that we almost lost our club.... when the fck will we fight back
The fightback started when we survived in 2012. Think it opened people's eyes as to people in power in Scotland going out their way to harm us.

For me it's basic things. Previously I would have been ok with my boy supporting whoever he wanted. Now I will do all in my power to make sure he doesn't support Ceptic.

If I am looking to use a tradesman and they show any sign of supporting them, then they are out the window.

With politics I am anti SNP primarily because they would make us all poorer and don't share our values, but also now aware of how badly they treat Rangers.

This site is also good for educating us on who the haters are, allowing us to remove any support for them and their businesses.

You can see from that they weren’t disposed to wandering very far when they got off the boat from the Ould Country.

Disembark, open a pub, start a fight.

The bold nulson is still blue. Even before I knew about religion I used to think the kids that went to St tams were from the smelly school.
That’s good to hear. When I left in 1980 the entire Tim population was made up of about 5 or 6 families who bred like feral rabbits. Their reproductive rate must have slowed down.

That’s good to hear. When I left in 1980 the entire Tim population was made up of about 5 or 6 families who bred like feral rabbits. Their reproductive rate must have slowed down.
They still breed like feral rats, but then they get a bigger cooncil house and get shifted to Barrhead

Don't believe there are more Mhank supporters than us in Glasgow, even if they are the largest minority.
Also dont believe we have more supporters in Edinburgh than Hibs or Hearts. Same for Dundee.

There's no way there is more Rangers fans in Dundee than Dundee, Dundee United and Celtic.

There isn't many Rangers supporters here at all and those three teams are by far the most supported in the city.

The map is bullshit.

There's no way there is more Rangers fans in Dundee than Dundee, Dundee United and Celtic.

There isn't many Rangers supporters here at all and those three teams are by far the most supported in the city.

The map is bullshit.
The map says exactly what you’re saying. We’re in third behind Celtic and Dundee.

DCCACB53-E61-D-43-F8-8-F49-562959-B5-BF0-F.jpg

EDIT: the creator didn’t include lower league teams so left out Dundee United.

Last edited:
Most popular club in Scotland 1872 - 2020 Rangers
Status quo to be maintained AD infinitum

The map is bullshit.

Too many poets in this city, I’m forever scraping their shitey stickers off stuff in Broughty Ferry which I’d have hoped Humza Useless would have grown out of.

You must be kidding! South of Benbecula, yes, but not the rest.
Benbecula isn't that far north mate haha
Sorry I know the Northern Isles aren't scum but I don't know if you really call them Scottish Islands. So are the inner Hebrides mostly populated with the filth or is it protestants there?

Still a good number of staunch Bears in Dundee, granted the Beggars benefitted from the Irish influx back in the day.

Back