Most popular Rangers forum?

i wonder what he thinks of his snp now
Probably a fully paid up member. Can't remember the guy's name but he hated ME, kept on offering him jobs to prove that he was a workshy waster.

We also did a Big Brother House one time and he was in that.

I'm sure I was on a rangers group on the early days of usenet. It was really for rush I was on it (alt. Music. Rush) but I'm sure there was a gers messageboard I would go on also

RM used to be great up until a few years ago until it got out of hand with bullying and all sorts. Posters having families targeted and stuff. Not very nice.

FF is well moderated, some might say too well at times but it's a more enjoyable experience than the wild west that RM became.

I was Soccerhooligan before FF and it was great in the 90s for talking about gears and general football culture.
It then just got infested with blowhards and cnts trying to sell stuff - ruined.

RM used to be great up until a few years ago until it got out of hand with bullying and all sorts. Posters having families targeted and stuff. Not very nice.

FF is well moderated, some might say too well at times but it's a more enjoyable experience than the wild west that RM became.
I remember one of the posters over there struggling with life and their 5 hardcore posters telling him suicide is an option.

Also the admin Cushynumber wouldn't leave the female posters alone.

They said he'd DM them pics of himself wearing gimp suits and miniskirts. Police raided his flat and dragged him out with the leash he was wearing and he was never heard from again.

I’m still friends with Gaztron and Chunky Dawz. Gaz and Dawz are both on here although Gaz is a lurker

I also became good friends with Eirebear and still see him fairly regularly.

Noticed Sub hadn’t posted on here for a while. Hope he’s good as he’s a brilliant poster.

Didnt Eirbear move to Mexico?

Or is that the wrong poster

Gersforum was a cracking laugh back in the day - I mind it used to be my go to when I was on holiday in the summer, before the days of smartphones, when I needed a quick way of updating myself of transfer rumors or whatnot.

Probably says a lot that I can still remember plenty of the posters from there - DJ, Me (rightly or wrongly), DadoPrso9, think Mark McDougall also posted on there too. Also, seem to mind a user named CorbyGer who had a strange fascination with Billy McKay of ICT.

I remember one of the posters over there struggling with life and their 5 hardcore posters telling him suicide is an option.

Also the admin Cushynumber wouldn't leave the female posters alone.

They said he'd DM them pics of himself wearing gimp suits and miniskirts. Police raided his flat and dragged him out with the leash he was wearing and he was never heard from again.
Oh my, I wish I could say I was surprised at any of that but I'm not really.

What happened to the old FF website? This one seems to have only really been on the go since 2017 but obviously the fanzine is older. Didn't a version of this messageboard exist in the late 90s?

Used to read and post on DoThe Bouncy, it was less intense than FF.
Seems to still be going, in a fashion, as BlueSeaofIbrox, there are only about 6 posts per day.

rangers media was just full of idiots posting unsubstantiated shit.FF is were its at :)

Some of the threads that pop up here around the transfer windows would fall under this category!

Think the difference is that admin will chop the shite

I'm going back to the early dial-up connection days here, but does anyone remember the Rangers Fans v Celtic Fans board (Old Firm Fans Forum was it's proper title, I think)?

Separate boards for us and them, then a combined one with rampant, un-moderated sectarianism.

I was a bit wary when given that info but there was additional stuff which was almost certainly true about him . It would tie in with why Admin protected him at all times.
I can say with 100% certainty he was not related to any admin or mods, and he was probably the most banned guy on the forum.

Gersforum was a cracking laugh back in the day - I mind it used to be my go to when I was on holiday in the summer, before the days of smartphones, when I needed a quick way of updating myself of transfer rumors or whatnot.

Probably says a lot that I can still remember plenty of the posters from there - DJ, Me (rightly or wrongly), DadoPrso9, think Mark McDougall also posted on there too. Also, seem to mind a user named CorbyGer who had a strange fascination with Billy McKay of ICT.
The McDougalls all posted. Mark, his dad and brother. Good bears. Corby knew Billy's family and swore he'd be a Rangers player one day.

Anyone remember the Rangers hotline, a premium phone number you could ring to hear ‘all the latest news from Ibrox’. An official club news recorded message pre social media. Used to use the works phone to listen to it.
They really are not right in the nut.

What a sad friggin' existence going on another teams forum and spouting shite.

I wouldn't go anywhere near a C#ltic forum.

RM was decent for a while in its early days, then it became a bit obsessed with RMvFF, which was tiresome. As had been mentioned earlier it then went pro-Spiv, which was just weird and I've not been back on for years.

I'm on Gersnet as well, and enjoy it being a bit more sedate than here, and it's good to be on both.
I posted on both RM and FF back in the day. Always stuck with RM as it had you and Manticore fighting the good fight.

Both forums had their moment (FF more so as it was far more popular) but it's testament that this site has stood the test of time with the arrival of Twitter (that's where I get 80% or so of my Rangers fix online)

I'm going back to the early dial-up connection days here, but does anyone remember the Rangers Fans v Celtic Fans board (Old Firm Fans Forum was it's proper title, I think)?

Separate boards for us and them, then a combined one with rampant, un-moderated sectarianism.
I remember the website, didn't know it had a forum.

There used to be a bulletin board back in the mid to late 90s that was a combined Rangers and Celtic one. Something like rangersfansvscelticfans.co.uk. That one was pretty wild, seemed pretty unmoderated, I'd be surprised if it's still going.

I was on one called HeidTheBaw c15 years ago, which had some good guys on it. Met some of them for a pint in Manchester before the final in 2008. It dissolved and then I came on here. Generally full of good guys here…;)

FF is well moderated
jonah-jameson-laugh.gif

I was on RM for a few years but chucked it after I got hounded for questioning Craig Whyte. Place was really mental at times.
I did get a bit of stick when joining here too mind you. The username and an avatar of Arthur Numan giving the finger to a scum fan didn't go down well haha. There are a lot of good folk on here though who's opinion and contributions I enjoy reading. Some of the stuff in the lounge is top drawer and provided me with endless bouts of laughter.

There was a website back in the day I think for setanta sports where they would publish the access code to watch the live game. Can’t remember if it was gersnet or not??

I've been on FF since 2003. Saw a guy in work browsing it and also playing PlayForYourClub.com game. Never got into gersnet, Rangersmad etc.

Thanks Harry if you are still around here, never knew your login or spoke about FF.

I think half the office was on it back in the day, only spoke with one colleague about FF actually, sadly he passed away about 15/16 months ago.

Other forums wise, there are still plenty active forum websites - Pistonheads is one I use. Others include Moneysavingexpert, DigitalSpy and ....wait for it, TattleLife.

Is Mumsnet still going? I remember when we infiltrated it.

I had to sign up after years of lurking after seeing this thread. Was on GersForum back in the day, would have been "Gazzaman" or just "Gazza". Kind of chucked forums after that but always lurked. Seeing all the names in this thread and stories brought back a bunch of memories. So thanks for that, and hope you're all doing well.

Back