Most random football top you've owned

Had a Sparta Rotterdam top around 97-98, Had to have it after finding it flicking through the Euro tops displayed in the big Perspex frames in Greeves sports Sauchiehall street. Cracking shirt.

Had a river plate top in mid 70s. My old dear must have got it at a jumble sale! Wore it to school and teacher was giving it what's this?

FC Nantes goalkeeper top from 1989, no idea where it came from but I loved it.

Had the padding in the arms and shoulders.

Used to think I was Peter Shilton.

No idea why, as he never played for Nantes and I was a left winger :D

Was bought the utrecht home and away tops in late 90s from grandparents. No idea why guessing they were cheap.

I used to buy loads of random tops from a stall in the candleriggs market,qpr,luton town,ajax etc
Had quite a collection going in the late 80s

Portsmouth away from the late 70's , seen it in Lumley's and bought it simply because it was red, white and blue.

Slightly off topic in the early Souness years the pub I drank in had a no football colours rule so we all had St Helens Rugny league tops who happened to be sponsored by McEwans Lager and were white and blue.
Had a great britain rugby league top when i was a teenager,great looking top at the time i thought

I've got the Strasbourg one from earlier in the thread. I think I got it for a couple of pounds in JJB who used to sell random old shirts cheaply.

Accy Stanley would be obscure if it weren't for the fact I go and watch them so I'll go with Velez Mostar and NK Zadar

St Ettiene. Was in a pub in Glasgow the day of the European cup final in 76. Got chatting to a group of their supporters and we had a ball. They presented me with their shirt, yes it was green but had the French colours as trim. Let coque sportif.

Randomly a flamengo top from drum market.

Also first top when caley thistle were created from a team merger. Think it was a fiver from partick sports and he material was woeful. Used it for training so i didnt waste my rangers tops!

My dad would go into Lumley's and pick up football seconds tops. Had west ham, derby, France, Holland, but this nimes from France was most obscure.
s-l400.jpg

New York/New Jersey Metrostars (Now NY Red Bulls) in the mid 90's - went to a game at Giants Stadium and I bought it there.

It was black and white halves.

Exeter i think. I used to own 37 different football tops when i was a kid. My mum used to get them from a market in town, i think somewhere towards the Trongate, they used to have a stall or something that sold strips from all over the place. Was it Paddys Market? Or somewhere beginning with an M? Sure i remember a WBA one as well. Had no idea who either team were, just liked the tops! 37 at one count. Crazy.

My old man bought me a Crystal Palace top.
It was white and had a red and blue diagonal stripe.

He said he bought it due to the colours.

No shit dad !!!
I think I had this top as well, although I have no idea where it came from probably mid 80s if I remember correctly

I had a luminous yellow Sheffield United away strip, bought it from a football strip shop that was in the wee lane next to the Sauchiehall Centre in about 1992.

There was a documentary about Sheffield united and Dave Basset was the mental manager, and I thought "I'm having that!"

I remember wearing a Torino top to school one when the head questioned me and liked the top, very random and I have no idea why I had a torino top anyways.

I'd have to say my Chaiyaphum United top. I think they're in Thailand's 3rd division north east region. I lived in this town for 2 years hence why I have the top :) oh, and it's orange!

Spurs Away, Yellow with an authentic bird shit look on the shoulder c. 1992/94.... don't ask.
Needless to say, the nickname "Budgie" stuck for while at school

Any inshops bears at the forge? Bought many an adult male top as a 14 year old!

Dortmund, CIS loyal etc

Ugandan national top.
The thread gets back on track at last!!! In typical FF fashion a random football strip thread turns into my favourite football strip :confused:
I have loads of strips that I loved but that's for another thread- that's you lot told :p
One of the strange strips that my brother and I had was Servette of Switzerland- it was hideous! From memory it was made by Admiral and was very similar to the shocking brown Coventry away top of many years ago but it had also had royal blue shorts and white socks. It looked like we had forgotten our PE kit and had been told to take the lost property bin :D
We also had the WBA top of the late 70's/early 80's that had a button up collar- no idea why we got them.
Should also be pointed out that both tops were made of extremely rough nylon and the shorts were so thick that they could have stopped a bullet!

Back