Most random football top you've owned

I used to go down wishaw market and one Saturday I remember buying a 'seconds' Watford Top!? Nothing wrong with the top that I could see but Watford?I have no answer to why to this day.

I had a Derby 2nd strip I'm the 70s for no other reason it was out of the£1 box. Sky blue white stripes like Argentina.
Also had a Brann top, but I have relations near Bergen.

I had a Kansas City wizards top.
White with multi coloured stripes at either side.

My mum & dad bright it back from holiday.

Has to be Tolouse. Picked it up in a market or something. It was actually pretty awful. The wee man (5yo) currently has a Valencia strip as he likes Batman and it has a bat on the badge!

Short of cash, my parent gave me a 2nd hand Dunfermline trackie in 1970. Loathed it. Outgrown before it was worn 3 times.

Iraqi national side in 2003. Looky Looky man used to sell them at basrah airport along with lots of other tat. Still got a gas lighter with saddam as the ace of spades card on it

s-l225.jpg

St Etienne top was one of my first. Went to see them in Euro cup final at Hamdump and had relatives who stayed there and they gave me the full strip. Great top but not a good colour to wear to Ibrox

a Chivas one - may need to look it out again if we do go for the tie-in with them :D

I got a Chivas top when I was over in Mexico around '04. Have also picked up strips for Majorca and FC Atlante (based in cancun) again purely because I was over there on holiday.

Sao Paulo Top old cloth version from about 1983-84 got it in the old army and navy/sports shop on Duke St for £5.

Didn't have a clue who they where back then and you didn't have google to find out about them.

Southampton away circa 1982, two tone blue, lovely. Also had a West Ham United home top of similar vintage, loved the colors.

When I was a wee guy we visited my family in Manchester and I got the Russia top bought for me. I must have wanted it, no idea why I would get it randomly bought for me. Wore it all the time playing football. Big CCCP letters along the middle.

cccp.jpg

I visited my friend in Budapest. Went into a sports shop and ended up buying an Ujpest shirt. The only other shirts available were Ferencvaros shirts. Green and white... no thanks

Anderlecht must have been 92ish ,was shiny purple with a big white swirl as sponsor
Had a Kappa Real Betis away top which I thought was the business in the mid 90s but thinking back was horrendous

When I was wee there was a shop in the Forge Inshops that sold random ones - I ended up with Bristol Rovers and Glentoran tops which were both predominantly green, f*ck knows what my da was thinking allowing me to wear them.

Coventry City top from late 70's early 80's that had stripes going up that looked like a T to get around no sponsorship allowed on the shirts

Probably the Chinese team we were connected with.

Reason for owning it not too obscure, but the team certainly is.

Ha ha beat me too it bought it just because it was orange lol
Also bought the New England revolution top when it Las Vegas out the addidas store

Auxerre back when they were made by Kappa and sponsored by PlayStation.

Was pretty skin tight, but was a bit more defined back then.

Was a stoater of a top.

Malaysia home top. Was an XXL and couldn't get it over my head!

Afghanistan national team top

Got a Sparta Prague top before I saw sense.mam Utd red wi laces was a cracker.

I got a Chivas top when I was over in Mexico around '04. Have also picked up strips for Majorca and FC Atlante (based in cancun) again purely because I was over there on holiday.
I bought a Chivas top when I was in Mexico in 2010. Still got it in a drawer somewhere.

when i was a wee guy i had a derby county top

have no idea where it came from, just remember the ram on the badge

When I was a wee guy we visited my family in Manchester and I got the Russia top bought for me. I must have wanted it, no idea why I would get it randomly bought for me. Wore it all the time playing football. Big CCCP letters along the middle.

cccp.jpg
I had the Dutch version of that template. 1988

West Ham...don't remember where I got it from! I was Clyde Best back in the day of kickabouts on Super Sunday in the local spare ground.

My boss had a meeting with a firm that manufactured football shirts. I asked him to get us a top. He came back with an Orange Luton Town shirt.
2 weeks later I wear it at the Oranje cup final, sitting in a lodge in Rutherglen pre match, guy comes in the door and grabs me - he's just driven up from Luton for the game.

Watford home kit in the 80s. Wore it to school for PE and the PE teacher said "come on the Jags". Lost all respect, how can they let somebody who mistakes a Watford shirt for a Partick Thistle one teach PE?

More recently, I had a Dukla Prague away kit. Bought it from Toffs.com

Back