Most surefire way to score?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
When trying to solve problems I find it helps to start at solution and work back from there. Was applying that to us and how we can score goals, which made me think about what’s the easiest way to score in football?

I’d say one on one with keeper but that relies on counter which isn’t usually an option for us, another great goal scoring opportunity is for a winger to get in behind the defense (in the box) and cut it back across the deck onto on coming forward who is ideal ahead of defender but not yet reached front post.

Was then thinking how we could make that come about, if we were to overload on the left hand side, Murphy, John, Windass, Docherty and Morelos all on left passing amongst each other with the sole intention of dragging the opposition over to the left hand side (like a rondo) with Candeias holding his position out right. Then when opposition has been dragged over to the left the ball is knocked back to Dorrans who quickly switches to Candeias who is isolated. He heads straight into box, his marker (in ideal scenario) either has to bring him down or Candeias gets past him and cuts back to Morelos, Windass, Murphy who had darted into box as soon as Dorrans switched it.

Candeias knocks it back and Morelos slams it home..... as easy as that!

What’s your scenario that would most likely result in a goal and how do you bring it about?

Bored watching CL, before you start!

Just buy Fifa or something mate.

For what its worth, I'm sure there was as study done years back that showed statistically most goals were the result of fewer than three touches and after a long ball.
I think the less than 3 touches season is an average so pens goals from corners etc bring the average down.

Probably by a penalty kick.....means you're attacking and in the box to get 1 awarded.....

You've no really thought this through!

Probably by a penalty kick.....means you're attacking and in the box to get 1 awarded.....

You've no really thought this through!

Haha. If anything I’ve put too much thought into it.

So, your tactical plan would be to attack in the box. Would be as well as just telling them to go out and score :)

Hoof it up to some mental big bastard, he heads it down, a rapid engine of a midfielder picks it up and fires it at the keeper, keeper saves but it rebounds, same mental forward bullies defenders out the way for a tap in.

Haha. If anything I’ve put too much thought into it.

So, your tactical plan would be to attack in the box. Would be as well as just telling them to go out and score :)
You tend to get PKs when you attack.

But hey we in the past got lots of goals from wide men assists...wee Bud and Tommy McClean in my day layed on so many.

Back