Most surprised/shocked you have been at one of our results?

Greenock_Loyal

Either pleasent suprise where we won and you didn't expect it or where we lost a game you thought we were a certainty before hand?

Probably a fairly obvious one but beating Lyon away stunned me. Had resigned myself to the fact that we were in for a very tough night and if we could scrape a draw I'd have been delighted. Winning 3-0 was unreal, the home game actually proved how much of an upset it was IMO.

Other way, losing to Killie away last season in Defoe's debut scunnered me big time as thought we were going down there after break and blow them away. Knew we weren't winning the league after that defeat, had really fancied us to win by 3 or 4 that night.

Maybe not a huge shock, but the 2011 League Cup final we beat Celtic 2-1 in Walter's last season.
They had cuffed us not long before and were flying, we had injuries and looked short of confidence and maybe even a wee bit scared of them.

I feared the worst beforehand and it turned out to be the perfect last Hampden final for the great man.

Both of the Lyon fixtures in 07/08. Totally unexpected away win which made me confident for the home game. 0-3 in both games was a shock.

More recently Braga away for a surprise win and then Progres away and first league game against them under Warburton were horrible shocks.

Winning on penalties in the UEFA Cup. I can remember about 2 years before that saying that i'd never get to see Rangers in a Euro Final.

Lost - Hamilton 1987.One of those games where you knew it wasn't going to happen. Their goalie had the game of his life, later to sign for us.
Won - PSV 1978. My first Euro trip. They'd never lost a home Euro tie, not sure if we'd ever turned a tie around after not winning the first leg at Ibrox. Going a goal down under a minute then a great performance.

From a negative point of view - Christmas Eve 1977-78 season 4-0 reverse at Pittodrie was a shocker as was the end of season game at Parkhead the following season. Did not see those two coming. You were never totally confident going to either of those dumps at that time but the manner of both defeats was the thing that shocked most - totally unexpected.

On a positive - PSV away 78-79 don't think any of us expected to win that one. Hoping for a score draw at best to take us through and then end up winning to the total surprise of most people.

And the obvious - helicopter Sunday. Wanted to believe along with big Marvin but with minutes to go I was having my doubts :)

Positive - Lyon away. Still hard to believe to this day. I watched the highlights last week and Juninho hit the post 2 or 3 times from free kicks and McGregor had a great game. A perfect display of counter-attacking football.

Negative - Progres Niederkorn. I watched this is a pub in Salou and the whole place was stunned. It was such a shocking horrible performance and result. Pedro should not have been on the plane home.

Probably with the majority saying the Lyon away game. Coming big from 2-0 ahainst Braga and coming out of stadium winning 3-2 it felt like i was still in shock walking all the way to the car haha. What a night.

Pleasantly surprised probably Lyon, unpleasantly, maybe going out to Lithuanian nobodies Kaunas in the CL qualifiers just three months after contesting a European final.

Christian Dailly in central midfield?! :(

Progres away. Was doing a shite in my hotel room in Planet Hollywood in Vegas while on FF, couldn’t believe what I was reading.

I'm ruling out the McCoist as manager years.

No debacle came as a surprise in those horrible times.

Add in Pedro to the mix.

If our fathers, grandfathers and great-grandfathers more or less enjoyed the good times, by fc_uck have we reaped a wild harvest.

Progres away. I was at the game and it is still unbelievable. Sure, we were a power of shite under Pedro but that team had more than enough in it to at least go through.

Progres away

I was under the impression we had a vastly improved playing squad. Little did I know I was about to be blown away by how shite some of them were.

Took me a while to convince myself that it actually happened.
Was on Sport Options that night. Lost count of how many times I shook my head in disbelief on the journey home.

more recently hamilton at home, especially half way through the game, we had more than enough chances to win that game. getting pumped by unirea at home in 2009 (?) was a bit of a shock too.

porto at home i kinda fancied us to do well but not to be as comfortable as we were

Lyon away and Leverkusen away were both pleasantly surprising. On the other scale, the 6-2 at the piggery

0-5 v Scum 2018.

I felt traumatised afterwards. I was genuinely fearing 8, 9 or 10 by about the hour mark.

I thought we'd been a bit inconsistent but on the day would give them a game.

Worst - Losing to Kaunas in 2008 and Progres under Pedro.
Best - Beating PSV away from home. From memory they had never lost at home before and it was a result that we definitely deserved.

The Motherwell game on the Saturday before we clinched 9 at Tannadice.
We were going to take over Glasgow that day.
Gutted / Raging but obviously a few days later over the moon.
Or how about the Motherwell game where we lost 3-0 before clinching the league v Aberdeen in the last game the following week.

PS as already pointed out your Motherwell game was the May Day holiday and chucking it down with rain.

I was working in Saudi when we played Shelbourne in Tranmere
The sports channel I was watching gave the final score as 3- 0 to them

To say I was shocked was an understatement- & the resulting depression wasn't eased by several sids (Siddiqui- poor version of 'moonshine' )

I woke up the next morning with a furious hangover & slowly calculated the time difference in relation to the point I'd heard the result the night before

Still very confused - I switched on the sports channel to get the actual full time score & was surprised all over again- but obviously with a much better conclusion this time

I was working in Saudi when we played Shelbourne in Tranmere
The sports channel I was watching gave the final score as 3- 0 to them

To say I was shocked was an understatement- & the resulting depression wasn't eased by several sids (Siddiqui- poor version of 'moonshine' )

I woke up the next morning with a furious hangover & slowly calculated the time difference in relation to the point I'd heard the result the night before

Still very confused - I switched on the sports channel to get the actual full time score & was surprised all over again- but obviously with a much better conclusion this time
Beginning of the DA roller coaster.

Us beating them 3-2 when they could have won the league at Ibrox.

Given all that had happened since February I was pretty sure that was happening that day.

More joy and relief than shock if I'm honest.

I was certain we would turn up that day and team wouldn’t let them win it at Ibrox.
I thought we would smash them on the game we lost 2-0 last season.

Recently for me was the league cup final against them 1-0. We absolutely battered them, a one sided match shot after shot chance after chance and we still got beat. That game nearly killed me, took me about 3 days to get over it.

Came on to post this.

Even when the game was going into injury time I was still 100% convinced we were scoring then winning it in extra time. Just utterly defies belief that we lost it. The pub was really strange at full time, it didn't empty like it usually would after losing to them, but you could hear a pin drop. TVs got switched straight over to an English game and everybody just stood about not really saying anything, sipping our pints in complete shock.

Braga this season. I was so close to letting the wife change channel .

Thank feck I never!

I don't think even the most optimistic bear saw us coming back to win that one!

0-5 v Scum 2018.

I felt traumatised afterwards. I was genuinely fearing 8, 9 or 10 by about the hour mark.

I thought we'd been a bit inconsistent but on the day would give them a game.
That’s the lowest I’ve felt albeit wasn’t expecting a win that day given we had lost 4-0 in the cup semi a few weeks earlier.

It was on live on Setanta Eurasia and I was in Yerevan Armenia that day. Decided to watch it against my better judgement and from what I remember we did Ok early on despite going 1-0 about 10mins in.

At 2-0 down I went outside for a smoke to calm down and app flashed up 3-0. Then to go 5-0 down after 50odd mins was like starting into the abyss as everything they hit either went in or went in on the rebound. I went out a walk aimlessly scared to check my phone in case there were yet more goals in the 40 mins remaining - a horrible sinking feeling and was relieved that we somehow made it to 90mins not shipping more. Having seen the highlights on Facebook only recently for the first time they could have had a few more as well.

Must have been hell back home that day.

But in terms of surprise has to be Progres or in a pleasant way 2016 SC semi

Back