Most surprised/shocked you have been at one of our results?

Shocked is the League Cup Final this season. Took me days to get over the fact we lost it, thought it was 50/50 before the game but during it, our dominance was becoming very apparent and it felt like a matter of time until we scored and went onto win, I was in a state of disbelief for days probably weeks after we lost it. Only got over it when we beat them at Parkhead.

Surprised/overjoyed it has to be Helicopter Sunday.
Was horrible man

I was certain we would turn up that day and team wouldn’t let them win it at Ibrox.
I thought we would smash them on the game we lost 2-0 last season.

I'm just a total pessimist
Remember watching that in the pub absolutely scunnered. Ended up scrapping with mhanks in the pub afterwards. Took a dooin on the pitch and in the boozer. Was a good day.

Watched it thru my fingers if I'm honest! Even at 3-0 I wasn't comfortable and at 3-2 I was climbing the walls!

Was great to see the Tims pretend they didn't care at 70 minutes when they sang their first song.

Didnt think we could stoop any lower but watching us tossing a 2 nil lead away to alloa with 20 mins to go & losing was an utter disgrace.

On a positive just did not see helicopter Sunday happening especially with them taking the lead. An unforgettable day.

5-1 v the mentally challengeds in 1988 going a goal down after 5 mins as we had not got a win against them in 5 games but we turned it around.

Recently, beating them at their own ground! After losing the cup final in the circumstances we did to go there and with after the ref's performance was an incredible achievement.

Lyon away also, what a night

Either pleasent suprise where we won and you didn't expect it or where we lost a game you thought we were a certainty before hand?

Probably a fairly obvious one but beating Lyon away stunned me. Had resigned myself to the fact that we were in for a very tough night and if we could scrape a draw I'd have been delighted. Winning 3-0 was unreal, the home game actually proved how much of an upset it was IMO.

Other way, losing to Killie away last season in Defoe's debut scunnered me big time as thought we were going down there after break and blow them away. Knew we weren't winning the league after that defeat, had really fancied us to win by 3 or 4 that night.

I was at both games, and thought the home game was an upset!

Either pleasent suprise where we won and you didn't expect it or where we lost a game you thought we were a certainty before hand?

Probably a fairly obvious one but beating Lyon away stunned me. Had resigned myself to the fact that we were in for a very tough night and if we could scrape a draw I'd have been delighted. Winning 3-0 was unreal, the home game actually proved how much of an upset it was IMO.

Other way, losing to Killie away last season in Defoe's debut scunnered me big time as thought we were going down there after break and blow them away. Knew we weren't winning the league after that defeat, had really fancied us to win by 3 or 4 that night.
too many to recall

where you hail from in old greenockia :p

Good one Fiorentina in the UEFA Cup. Going to Italt after drawing the first leg was a massive ask.

Bad one: Tims taking 5 off us at Ibrox. Never been so disgusted by a Rangers performance as I was that day

Good one Fiorentina in the UEFA Cup. Going to Italt after drawing the first leg was a massive ask.

Bad one: Tims taking 5 off us at Ibrox. Never been so disgusted by a Rangers performance as I was that day
best night of my life in Europe , couldn't believe when novo scored the pk

Recently for me was the league cup final against them 1-0. We absolutely battered them, a one sided match shot after shot chance after chance and we still got beat. That game nearly killed me, took me about 3 days to get over it.
Can't remember feeling as bad after a game as that one.

Progres and to a lesser extent raith in the Ramsdens cup, was a female friends birthday and think we were out a walk or something. My phones broke so asked her to check the score, I went chalk white.

I think beating Bayern in 1972. They were a phenomenal side and that result is arguably the best by any Scottish side in history. I know 72 had a feeling if destiny to it, and I certainly thought it was possible. Yet I still recall the feeling of awe after we had won the tie. I knew then the cup was ours.

Lyon away was another the really surprised me. We are always capable of a result in Europe, but the margin of victory in that game caught be off guard.

On the downside I don’t think anything will top Berwick. That was just inconceivable at the time.
I think your bang on. Would easily make the to 5 of european sides ever.

1-5 to the scum under Warburton at the piggery. Was absolutely convinced we were going to get something in the week before the game, probably still living off the semi-final win the season before. Fucking senderos.

Lyon away was unreal, not just winning but taking 3 off them.

Killie at Ibrox in the failed 10iar season, I just couldn't conceive of rangers not winning the league. The goal seemed to trickle over the line in slow motion as well, just added to the horrible sinking feeling. I was still convinced we'd win it on the final day though, especially after the tims bottled it at dunfermline the next day.

Can’t agree with those saying Kaunas as we could see that coming all pre season that year.

Has anyone mentioned Hearts at tynecastle under Warburton? That spooked the shite out of me for some reason. I remember being dumbfounded by that game and a hibs game at Easter road two years earlier.

Positive results obviously Lyon away.

Biggest shock was probably Progres. Even after the 1st leg I was relaxed because I could not see us shipping a goal to that outfit :(

Biggest surprise was the price of (hotels and) drink in Luxembourg. Tour de France crap did not help the hotel price though.

Progres away. Was doing a shite in my hotel room in Planet Hollywood in Vegas while on FF, couldn’t believe what I was reading.
I’ve heard of tea leaf readings and palm readings but toilet bowl readings, ffs they can make money out of anything in Vegas

The pleasant one would have to be 3-2 against the mentally challengeds to stop them winning the league. Remember walking along PRW on to Edmiston Drive and the amount of guys that had tickets up the air for sale really said it all about how confident everyone was.

Unpleasant would have to be a less obvious one. It was in Walters second spell and we got beat 1-0 at home to ICT one midweek game with a late goal. Remember just sitting in shock at the end thinking did that just happen?

You must be the only bear on earth who thought we were going to get something that day.
1-5 to the scum under Warburton at the piggery. Was absolutely convinced we were going to get something in the week before the game, probably still living off the semi-final win the season before. Fucking senderos.
[/QUOTE

The pleasant one would have to be 3-2 against the mentally challengeds to stop them winning the league. Remember walking along PRW on to Edmiston Drive and the amount of guys that had tickets up the air for sale really said it all about how confident everyone was.

Unpleasant would have to be a less obvious one. It was in Walters second spell and we got beat 1-0 at home to ICT one midweek game with a late goal. Remember just sitting in shock at the end thinking did that just happen?

We were 3/1 to win that game against the mentally challengeds. Considering we were at home just shows how few people expected us to do it.

Positive - Lyon away, obviously.
Negative - one I haven’t seen mentioned, home to Unirea Urziceni. Could not believe how bad we were.

Scottish Cup final 1989...BAD! My mate was on for a £3K payout for us to win the treble that season, and I was hoping he'd give me a wedge. So, bad for multiple reasons. And a shock cos ruined my plans for the weekend.

Surprised we won so easily away to Alania Vladikavkaz in 96, especially since it was a tough 1st leg.

Last edited:
Back