Most under rated rangers player

Stuart Munro for me ....a steal at £20k from Alloa..kept million £ players on the bench ...
My old man followed Alloa for years. Always said SM was quality for the wasps. He told me for years about his penalty miss against the tims. Alloa were 0-0 at home in the league cup group stage at the time. I think they ended up losing 5-0. I think my old man was convinced that was the turning point!

Great, underrated player for us! Not surprisingly one of my favourite players.

Flo.

Seen as a massive flop for 12 million but if you look at goals to games it wasnt bad at all. Plus he scored against them.

I always liked Spackman and felt he was great towards the tail end of 90/91 when it looked like going tits up, recall he played same games at centre half

Stuart McCall. Integral part if 9 in a row. Fantastic player. Just because of the "bigger" names at the time he doesn't get the recognition he deserves in my opinion.
Came on the thread to post something similar to this

All Rangers keepers in my lifetime until Neil Alexander. We've been spoiled by excellent keeper after keeper, and just never realised that our "normal" standard for a keeper was "exceptional" for any other team, so I don't think we really appreciated how good Klos, Goram, Woods etc really were.

(I'm not saying Alexander was bad, by the way - but he was a mere mortal while we were used to Gods).

All Rangers keepers in my lifetime until Neil Alexander. We've been spoiled by excellent keeper after keeper, and just never realised that our "normal" standard for a keeper was "exceptional" for any other team, so I don't think we really appreciated how good Klos, Goram, Woods etc really were.

(I'm not saying Alexander was bad, by the way - but he was a mere mortal while we were used to Gods).
Goram, Woods and Klos were never under rated by Rangers fans, they were looked upon as top class keepers, never over rated by any bluenose of my acquaintance

Agree with many already said.

I’ll be controversial and say Steven Whittaker.

An absolutely integral part of Walter’s second spell, playing all kinds of positions, scoring some cracking goals, one of which will go down in history.

Agree with many already said.

I’ll be controversial and say Steven Whittaker.

An absolutely integral part of Walter’s second spell, playing all kinds of positions, scoring some cracking goals, one of which will go down in history.

Always good for a goal when he got shifted to the left hand side

Back