Most versatile International player.

senefelder

Following yesterdays thread on your most ''rounded'' Rangers player. Who would be on an all time international list. Yesterday's thread I felt went off track with a lot of posters merely stating personal favourites ie. Laudrup, Ferguson etc rather than players who were genuinely versatile. Older bears will recall a player called Paul Madeley who was a stalwart in the Leeds side of the 1970's and played numerous positions however I'm going to start with a Dutch Master who was a star for Ajax, and a truly outstanding AC Milan side namely Frank Riijkard who played midfield [attacking and defensive] centre back, and occasionally full back. Lets be having them.

Think you nailed it with Riijkyard.
But here's my two penny worth.........

Andres Inniesta
Johan Cruff
Franz Beckenbaur
Andrea Pirlo
Franco Baresi
Dietmar Hamman

Special mention to Lee McCulloch in division 3. Defence, midfield, up front. He would have played in goals for us if we needed him and he was never an empty Jersey.

Kieran Tierney surely.

Scotland managers have shoehorned him into the team as a right back, a centre back, a wing back and a left midfielder as they can't admit he's not as good as the regular left back.

:cool:

Wayne Rooney or Philipp Lahm for me.

Two players that I recon you could have asked to play anywhere and wouldn’t have an issue.

Rooney for me is probably the best British player of this millennium.

Gio Van Bronckhourst played midfield for us. Yet for most of his Arsenal and Dutch career he was a full back. A position he also excelled in.

Following yesterdays thread on your most ''rounded'' Rangers player. Who would be on an all time international list. Yesterday's thread I felt went off track with a lot of posters merely stating personal favourites ie. Laudrup, Ferguson etc rather than players who were genuinely versatile. Older bears will recall a player called Paul Madeley who was a stalwart in the Leeds side of the 1970's and played numerous positions however I'm going to start with a Dutch Master who was a star for Ajax, and a truly outstanding AC Milan side namely Frank Riijkard who played midfield [attacking and defensive] centre back, and occasionally full back. Lets be having them.
I like Marcelo of Real Madrid, he is so comfortable on the ball he could play anywhere.

Lothar Matthaus is another German who is a good shout. 150 caps mostly as a midfielder but plenty as a sweeper too

Lahm is a great shout. Never looked out of place at full back or the middle of the park.

Jorge Campos the old Mexico player.

Goalkeeper and a striker. I’m sure during the 94 World Cup he played as both.

Back