Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

Tagsbear

That is of course correct. Realistically I think very few on here have seen enough of him to warrant the opinions I'm seeing on this thread.

Jones is probably seeing the benefit of a bit of wishful thinking on here but hopefully he can do us a turn.

On the contrary, Jones will benefit from folk deciding he isn’t good enough before he’s kicked a ball for us,the reaction to his signing was ridiculously negative, there’s little expectation so less pressure.

His performances for Northern Ireland have been very encouraging.

Skyy Bluenose

Official Site:
RANGERS are today delighted to announce the signing of Jake Hastie on a four-year-deal.

The winger will join the Light Blues from Motherwell with his current deal at Fir Park ends this summer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Herald article on whether he should sign for the mhanks:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s what the stats say…

When comparing Turnbull to the attacking midfielders in the Celtic squad, the most obvious stat that jumps out is his number of goals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only places I found positions mentioned in a one minute google search. Seems you may be full of it sir.

JMCK

The fee Turnbull goes for has nothing to do with him really. As a player he isn't just a prospect, he is a very good footballer; he has the potential to become an extremely good player-for his age he's quite probably the best player in this league. I still wish he was coming to Rangers, but if he isn't then we move on.

Last edited:

the count

They're paying over £1.75m that they paid for O'Donnell then if it's a club record fee.

Good luck with that one lhads.

Turnbull is insanely overated at that price after just 30 games. They're buying nothing but potential here.

Agree mate, I remember us chasing a Hivs superstar in the making went by the name of Allen the mhanks jumped in and got him, remember how that one panned out for them.

Ruben Sosa

On the contrary, Jones will benefit from folk deciding he isn’t good enough before he’s kicked a ball for us,the reaction to his signing was ridiculously negative, there’s little expectation so less pressure.

His performances for Northern Ireland have been very encouraging.
I meant the opinion on here of Jones has benefited from a bit of wishful thinking, rather than the player himself seeing any benefit.

I still think he will come here with not a lot of expectation from the fans, which will be good for him (and us hopefully) as you say.

Bobans27

I know next to nothing about him except the games against us last season.

Can’t say I remember him doing anything against us of note. Undoubtedly a gamble from the tarriers, but I can’t help but think this is a positive for us if this is them ‘strengthening’.

IrvineLoyal

Callum Magregor wants to leave them apparently this will be his replacement

Big risk for them imo its because they fucked up with Mcginn they are going all out for him.

Rangers daft

Did he boss any of the games he played against us or them? Not being funny but I don't remember him being a standout....It's defenders and a striker those daft paedo cunts need anyway so this is a good deal for us in my opinion as its money they won't be spending elsewhere

nemessis

That name Turnbull doesn't fit in with their usual signings.
I feel sorry that the good name of Turnbull originally from the Leadhills area is now associated with that lot and their baggage.

basil1

Bit of a gamble but looks like a good signing for them. As mentioned before I reckon the 3 million will be off the back of selling one of their better players. So whilst it looks like a good signing now it will leave them weaker when a Tierney or McGregor moves on

Amity75

Do you think he’ll go to them Amity ?

It’s strange. The announcement just says they’ve agreed a fee does it not ? It doesn’t say he’s signed. Maybe he’s said he doesn’t want to go so they’re hoping to attract an English bid of that value ?
Difficult to say. The boy himself is Motherwell daft, so is his dad. He'll probably just go for the best deal he can get. Hope it isn't the bheasts though.

Coda

Pretty disappointed. Really wanted us to sign him. More frustrated that he’s going to them, hopefully an English club will come in and beat them to the signature.

In a minority, but I’d have paid the £3M for him.

Starting Anew

Disappointed but only because I want all good Scottish players at us.

I said before that I can see why there was potential for it to be worth spending £3mill if we did it but equally enough doubts to fully justify us passing. Hopefully the doubts are valid and he has a disappointing loan to Aberdeen before warming the bench for a bit and regretting he didn’t go to England.

Heggy

I think the Ukrainian they have signed will be a better player than Turnbull. He was on the bench for the Ukraine the other night and has very impressive stats for a winger. I doubt Turnbull will get a game

frankfurterbear1

Imagine the money we saved on Morelos and Kamara, cest la vie.
Or the money wasted recruiting Lafferty, mcauley, firth, Cardoso, Herrera, Dorrans, John, Crooks, Barton, hodson, Dodoo, Garner, Senderos, Alnwick some right dross though Grezda was an expensive last ditch gamble after Murphy injury and Pena should never oh happened.

AbronhillBear

This is a carbon copy of the Morgan thread and the Allan thread before that. He might turn into a good player but if they are losing the likes of McGregor and Ntcham and replacing them with risky prospects I'm not going to lose any sleep especially if they are spunking over 3 million on him.
We have picked up Hastie, Jones and Stewart up for next to nothing hopefully Aribo for the same, two of them will be squad players, one sounds like is going out on loan to develop further and one will walk straight into our first 11.
If they are spending 3 million on him, he is going there to play. I know what I'm more comfortable with.

Tagsbear

Or the money wasted recruiting Lafferty, mcauley, firth, Cardoso, Herrera, Dorrans, John, Crooks, Barton, hodson, Dodoo, Garner, Senderos, Alnwick some right dross though Grezda was an expensive last ditch gamble after Murphy injury and Pena should never oh happened.
Football clubs tend to make some signings that don't work out, and some that do, its not exclusively us.

sregnar

Glad we aren’t paying £3million for someone who’s had a good 6 months.

Buying potential with a risk that hopefully doesn’t pay off. If it does though then they’re laughing.

frankfurterbear1

Football clubs tend to make some signings that don't work out, and some that do, its not exclusively us.
Absolutely, the rats have a list a mile long also, though thankfully theirs cost millions where as ours aren't so much though recruitment is important, here's hoping the new guy today can help reduce the number of bads/ false positives.

Kirbys House

How far back you taking this? Dodoo & Crooks were July 16 so six transfer windows ago?

I'm shocked that over the course of three years some of our signings haven't worked out.