Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

I always think of the “be more funny” scene in The Simpsons when I try to envisage Lennon coaching a player

3 years at then. Loaned out a few times then back to Motherwell.
You must not have been on the Turnbull thread.

Apparently he is going to be the best midfielder in Europe, tearing it up all over Scotland before moving to one of the big 4 in England for £100m

That's our priority signing now joined the paedo harbourers :rolleyes:

Whatever will we do?

His stats are very impressive, and he is still young, but I can honestly say I never noticed him against us aside from the time he got caught in possession and it lead to a goal.

Trying to be fair, most of his goals were against the dross in the league, but he was also playing for a poor side. £3m was just too much of a risk for us, and clearly a risk the tims could afford to take.

I wouldn’t be too worried yet mate. Turnbull is one of the best prospects in Scottish football and I always want us to be hoovering up talent like that. The guy is probably gonna be set up for life on this deal he’ll sign, similar to what Scott Allan was. Think of how that panned out.

If Rodgers was still at Celtic there’s a chance Turnbull would become even better. Lennon, I’m not so sure.

It’s worth remembering the young talent in midfield on our books like Docherty and potentially Aribo. I’d rather we are spending £3m elsewhere.

I 100% agree. I wouldn’t have gone to that figure in our circumstances too.
Aribo on a free & im hopeful we have a better player for 3m less.
I do believe that the tims are going to sell Ntcham & Turnbull is the replacement. Cash in net and wages lowered. This may be good news for us to be honest.

£2M+ for potential.

We simply can't do that, our money has to go on players with a high probability of improving the first team enough to win the title back.

The beasts might have got a star, but there's an equal chance they have wasted a fortune on a one season wonder.

Imagine signing for a club that covered up Child Abuse. Scumbag.

P.S. not sour grapes btw, wasn't that fussed about getting him tbh.

My birds cousin knows a guy that works at Motherwell and he says there's no way he's going to them or us, he's heading down the road....

No matter what they say, this is them trying to appease the fans for not signing John McGinn last season. Could you imagine if they lost out again due to penny pinching at that lot.

Exactly mate.

But I’ll be amazed if they don’t sell at least one midfielder probably Ntcham. They lose money if they don’t make the CL without a big sale.

I saw more from Hastie than I did in the games I watched Turnbull in. People have been ranting and raving over Turnbull but potentially who could become the better player?

Every Motherwell fan I speak to says Turnbull. A lot of my mates and family are Motherwell fans so it isn't just one or two people.

Looks a good prospect but there’s no way we could gamble £3m on someone who has played 30 games, looks like they’ve pulled the trigger early after the McGinn fiasco last year. Could work for them or could be a costly mistake. Just not a gamble we could afford to take.

They're paying over £1.75m that they paid for O'Donnell then if it's a club record fee.

Good luck with that one lhads.

Turnbull is insanely overated at that price after just 30 games. They're buying nothing but potential here.

Indeed.

And, like it or not, it’s still to be seen whether he can handle the pressure of playing for a big club who’s fan will demand he hits the ground running.

Hope he’s a one season wonder.

Every Motherwell fan I speak to says Turnbull. A lot of my mates and family are Motherwell fans so it isn't just one or two people.

Could some be saying it because Hastie chose to go to Rangers and they thought Turnbull was staying?

No, he played 30 games for them and scored 15 goals. A ridiculous ratio for a midfielder.

This boy is going to be superb and Celtic know that, sad we never got him.

Ah right. I've seen next to nothing of him so can't add alot to the debate but going by their usual domestic signings he'll likely be on loan at the sheep or Hibs by January.

Looks a good prospect but there’s no way we could gamble £3m on someone who has played 30 games, looks like they’ve pulled the trigger early after the McGinn fiasco last year. Could work for them or could be a costly mistake. Just not a gamble we could afford to take.

I'd be absolutely gutted if we wasted £3m of our budget on a 19 year old from Motherwell with 30 games under his belt.

A good prospect but we still aren’t in a position to be paying £3m for a gamble.

I’m surprised they have paid that given they didn’t pay similar for McGinn. It‘s looking more likely that Rodgers just didn’t fancy him.
You could argue the McGinn fall out is exactly why they have spunked £3m on a boy with 5 months of football under his belt.

Could some be saying it because Hastie chose to go to Rangers and they thought Turnbull was staying?

There could be an element of that but those I talk to regularly would tell me it as they see it and not skew their opinion.

For our sake I obviously hope they're wrong and Hastie turns out the better prospect.

Last edited:
Quite gutted about this, think it’ll be one we’re kicking ourselves about in the future.

Up to us to scout a player for better value if we don’t want to spend £2.5-3m on a midfielder that scores +15 goals in this league at 19 years old.

Back