Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

Would've liked to see us get him but then again we've got a lot of talent in our midfield already.

They're paying over £1.75m that they paid for O'Donnell then if it's a club record fee.

Good luck with that one lhads.

Turnbull is insanely overated at that price after just 30 games. They're buying nothing but potential here.

Unfortunately I think he will be a good signing although I’m not sure he will make an instant impact

Await him being branded a 19th Century Terrorist bastard on social media like Hastie was hounded when signed for us

Any player that would agree to sign for that crowd with all the news about decades of covering up child abuse is, in my opinion, making a statement about his own character!
Harsh, nah!
You hang about with a club renowned for abusing children then what does that say about you?

The old judging a person by the company he keeps condemns this player as someone who wouldn't be welcome at Ibrox anyway.

A risky signing for me. I can honestly say that I didn't want us to use £2m signing a boy that, for me, is unproven and not ready for our first team

Has had half a season of looking decent against bottom six spfl teams - was anonymous/awful every time we played them.

I dont think it will work out for him

A good prospect but we still aren’t in a position to be paying £3m for a gamble.

I’m surprised they have paid that given they didn’t pay similar for McGinn. It‘s looking more likely that Rodgers didn’t fancy him.

Doesn’t make sense yeah, I’m comforted that a coach like Lennon won’t maximise his potential.

A good signing for them in my opinion. Unfortunately as others have stated, we're not in the position to throw £3million at someone who is a bit of a gamble/doesn't improve the first 11.

His stats for someone so young, from the middle of the park and for a shite Motherwell team are very good.

Let's hope he's a one season wonder.

Turnbull and Hastie ending up at Rangers and Celtic in the same window means there’s going to be some incredible takes in the near future

I’m not going to sit here and say that he’s shite now.

I think he’s a good player that can be further developed.

However, £3m is far too big a risk for us at the moment, the poets have the luxury of spending that amount of money.

Hopefully goes on to make the same kind of impact O’Donnelly did at Celtic.

"Vastly exceed the current record fee" according to Motherwell.

The Tims must've went in with at least £2.5m. It's an incredible gamble for a 19 year old kid with 30 odd games to his name.

In saying that the last time they did that with Eboue Kouassi didn't turn out to be a rip roaring success did it ?

Back