Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

If only you were so positive about our Club and players.

No one's saying he isn't a good player. He had a good season, albeit he did fail to make any impact in the two games against us (unlike Kamara, for example).

Some people just don't agree with how highly you rate him.
I'm very positive about our players so no idea where you're getting that from. But lets try not to turn this in to an argument about me, eh?

Thats fine, but attempting to completely downplay him is ridiculous. The "one season" stuff especially, if he done it again next season his price would double and put him completely out our range. If we didn't actually want him then fair enough, but he is a good player, no denying that.

Hastie did %^*& all against us or the Tims, playing with Brown won’t transform Celtics Midfield to match ours, neither will playing with 70 minute man Rogic. If they think Turnbull will transform them then I am relaxed as he wouldn’t get a game ahead of Kamara or Davis in our Team. He’s another Allen, Christie type. Celtic will ruin him like they have done with numerous Scottish talent.

Rogic and ntcham will be off reckon and they will get good money for them, dont see them as lennin players somehow.

Disagree though about allan and christie, have seen a fair bit of both turnbull and hastie last year and turnbull his head and shoulders above the level of allan/christie, albeit it only 19.

Mark my words he will play at a level much higher than our league.

Genuinely gutted looks like he is joining the mentally challenged, praying an english club comes in.

Rogic and ntcham will be off reckon and they will get good money for them, dont see them as lennin players somehow.

Disagree though about allan and christie, have seen a fair bit of both turnbull and hastie last year and turnbull his head and shoulders above the level of allan/christie, albeit it only 19.

Genuinely gutted looks like he is joining the mentally challenged, praying an english club comes in.

Turnbull £3M
Glen Kamara £50K

Who is the better player?
What’s the better business?

A good prospect but we still aren’t in a position to be paying £3m for a gamble.

I’m surprised they have paid that given they didn’t pay similar for McGinn. It‘s looking more likely that Rodgers just didn’t fancy him.

Or McGinn wanted to put 300 miles between him and the Midden

Stop kidding yourself mate. Every Motherwell fan you talk to states Turnbull was their main man.

I wanted him at us but lets move on now. Rewriting history is pointless regardless of stats.
Yes, those Motherwell fans seemed really balanced on Hastie. :rolleyes:

How is pointing out the statistical comparisons being very close, and the prices of the players being paid, rewriting history?

I'm happy with Hastie and would rather we spent our money on starters, not potential.

Thats fine, but attempting to completely downplay him is ridiculous. The "one season" stuff especially, if he done it again next season his price would double and put him completely out our range. If we didn't actually want him then fair enough, but he is a good player, no denying that.

Because people disagree doesn't mean they are deliberately downplaying Turnbull or have blue-tinted specs on. You seem unwilling to accept a difference in opinion.

Feel free to come back with the "I told you so" but I'll doubt he'll make a significant difference to their squad next season.

McGregor is the real deal when it comes to football up here and they will be significantly weaker replacing him with Turnbull, them the facts.

Add in the likelihood of Larry Fishburne leaving as well then that's 2 big pair of boots to fill. Make that 3, Rogic is done. The Sellik support are a lot of things but they're no daft when it comes to crafty Pete, they can see what he's up to here, and will have eyes fixed on the exit door as much as who's coming in.

They need a new CB, RB, LB (for the uncertain future of Fears for Tiers). They'll need a new forward to fill in for Edouard when he gets sulky for losing Ntcham. They currently have Michael 'Magic' Johnstone and the degenerate Thumb. Who is being nursed backed to health and given encouragement from a bi-polar alky.

If they're using £3m+ on Turnbull when they're needing major surgery then let them charge on.

Completely different types of player. The fact you're comparing means you don't really understand that.

What both Central Midfielders 3 years gap in age. Sorry I’m no getting a hardon for a Player who put in a few good home performances against bottom 6 Clubs Turnbull couldn’t do a thing against Rangers or Celtic. It’s like this Mate if your the alright looking burd you keep company with ugly pals to make you even better looking. That’s what Turnbull was for Motherwell.

Last edited:
I think some are not getting my point.Im flipping delighted they’ve spunked that on a prospect.What some on here would make you believe is the appointment of wee pop was a sign that they would be not as active in the transfer market as recent years.Thats a kamikaze signing imo.Yes they will spend money and strengthen ..li just didn’t think they would have shelled out £3 million as a gamble knowing they’d have to pay out millions in compensation.
I see what you're saying, but I still think that it's a token gesture to show that they're "spending and competing". They'll make sure that Edouard and Tierney aren't snapped up by PSG and Barca and the hoardes will be happy clapping Lennon into Oblivion....for a while at least.

Completely different types of player. The fact you're comparing means you don't really understand that.

Different types but the point is valid, we’ve got to look for value and Kamara on a nominal fee or a free represents much better business for us.

In a few years time when we’re back winning leagues I’d be gutted if we weren’t in the race for players with potential like this, but for now If we’re spending over 3 million on a player they need to be guaranteed 1st team players week in week out.

Hahahaha %^*& sake big man it’s a wee tadger from Motherwell they’re signing

Yes, those Motherwell fans seemed really balanced on Hastie. :rolleyes:

How is pointing out the statistical comparisons being very close, and the prices of the players being paid, rewriting history?

I'm happy with Hastie and would rather we spent our money on starters, not potential.
When you compare stats it helps when the two players play the same position.

Anyway my attention now turns to Aribo.

Different types but the point is valid, we’ve got to look for value and Kamara on a nominal fee or a free represents much better business for us.

In a few years time when we’re back winning leagues I’d be gutted if we weren’t in the race for players with potential like this, but for now If we’re spending over 3 million on a player they need to be guaranteed 1st team players week in week out.

Kamara's the signing of the century.

Absolutely nicked him. My car cost more.

£3.25m apparently.

Just highlights a lot of people on here giving it all that ‘in the know’ guff were genuinely talking shite.

If this is the calibre of signings we can expect, 55 is on its way.

Doc was as highly rated as this boy when we got him.
Except we got Doc for s fraction of the price and personally I don’t think this boy is much better.

Let’s see how a 19 year old boy handles the pressure he is going to be under from the hoardes to perform.
Chuck in how he might handle being bullied and screamed at by the Ginger clown

That's a fair comparison actually, although Docherty was a year or so older when we signed him.

Not saying this lad isn't decent & could continue improving - but it's not Pogba they're signing.

Hopefully an English club comes in for him so we don't get threads all season.

What both Central Midfielders 3 years gap in age. Sorry I’m no getting a hardon for a Player who put in a few good home performances against bottom 6 Clubs Turnbull couldn’t do a thing against Rangers or Celtic. It’s like this Mate if your the alright looking burd you keep company with ugly pals to make you even better looking. That’s what Hastie was for Motherwell.
Completely different types of CM, uncomparable. Hence why if you compared Turnbulls goals & assists to Kamara it'd blow him out the water. But it doesn't matter, different players.

No idea what you're on about with the rest of your post mate.

Celtic don’t really do well with progressing younger players so that’s what I’m taking as consolation here. In fact they have a habit of stalling young careers in a big way.

£3.25m apparently.

Just highlights a lot of people on here giving it all that ‘in the know’ guff were genuinely talking shite.

If this is the calibre of signings we can expect, 55 is on its way.

People would have said that last year had they signed John McGinn and now there’s talk down south of him being worth 20 million plus.

Completely different types of CM, uncomparable. Hence why if you compared Turnbulls goals & assists to Kamara it'd blow him out the water. But it doesn't matter, different players.

No idea what you're on about with the rest of your post mate.

Ok compare him to Arfield? Who would Turnbull keep out our Team? What has Turnbull done that’s you’ve got a ragin boner him, was it his goal against Dundee, Hamilton or St Johnstone?

He’d be a massive loss to them
I like Turnbull,but he's not at McGregor's standard yet by any means-they'll get good money for him no doubt but he's their best player and I'll be glad to see him go.

Also delighted for his family if they are as reported,good bears.

People would have said that last year had they signed John McGinn and now there’s talk down south of him being worth 20 million plus.

Ross McCormack has been a “10 million” player down there - it’s not a great reflection of talent

If Liverpool sold Ojo they likely get 8 million

Don’t get the fanfare tbh, he is a decent prospect who has had 1 good season. Now the lesser clubs in the league are aware of him it would have been interesting to see how he got on with Motherwell a second season.

So that lot have made their first move, we see that and raise you Aribo, Kent and Ojo in the next few days.

Our hands wins, sorry beasts

My cousins are Motherwell season ticket holders & they think Turnbull is the best player they've had for many a year.

They are gutted he's going to the Tims, they thought he would end up down South.

The leveller is that he's joining a team Lennon as manager. He's as liable to try & knock f*ck out a player as he is develop them.

Hopefully we get Aribo.

Back