Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

Different types but the point is valid, we’ve got to look for value and Kamara on a nominal fee or a free represents much better business for us.

In a few years time when we’re back winning leagues I’d be gutted if we weren’t in the race for players with potential like this, but for now If we’re spending over 3 million on a player they need to be guaranteed 1st team players week in week out.
The cost of Kamara really isn't valid at all, we paid 50k because he had signed a pre contract with us, I think folk forget that a lot. He was worth far more.Its fantastic value but you can't go around waiting for folk to run out of contract every year, severely limits the pool of players you are after.

Second point is fair enough, but all signings are gambles, not many's are 100% nailed on starters before you buy them. Especially coming in to this club/league. With the increase in ST money, the Europa money & the best chance we've had for the league in years fans are going to expect us to spend money this season, no matter the value we got for an out of contract Kamara.

Ok compare him to Arfield? Who would Turnbull keep out our Team? What has Turnbull done that’s you’ve got a ragin boner him, was it his goal against Dundee, Hamilton or St Johnstone?
Compare him to Arfield? Not exactly fair as Arfield is a 30 year old who has spent years in the Prom and the captain of his country. But yet Turnbull actually would look not far off him if you compared stats. Arfied is of course better right now, but could Turnbull end up better?

Not hard to ascertain perceived value though.
One was a free agent. The 50k stuff is getting too far. Would of cost us 500k-1m at least if he wasn't out of contract. And that's mainly because its Dundee.

You're always going to pay more for attacking players. Look around the world at transfer prices.

Compare him to Arfield? Not exactly fair as Arfield is a 30 year old who has spent years in the Prom and the captain of his country. But yet Turnbull actually would look not far off him if you compared stats. Arfied is of course better right now, but could Turnbull end up better?

Isn’t most of Turnbull’s goals penalties?

A good prospect but we still aren’t in a position to be paying £3m for a gamble.

I’m surprised they have paid that given they didn’t pay similar for McGinn. It‘s looking more likely that Rodgers just didn’t fancy him.
They could not afford to dick about a la mcGrim. Lot of cash for an inexperienced boy.

What cause he stood out in a shite Motherwell side against bottom 6 Clubs at home. Stats big difference to goals against Hamilton and Dundee to scoring in Europe and against the papes.. gies peace.

Last edited:
Bang goes the theory that they are stockpiling cash for victims of the cover up.Telling you..these bastards are getting away with this!

Have you seen what City are paying out? There is a table of how much per what offence.

If they are found guilty they'll be paying a few l hundred grand max.

Genuinely the first I had heard of this boy was when Craigan was greetin' about him not winning YPOTY

He may well be a good player but I haven't noticed him against us once.

Ross McCormack has been a “10 million” player down there - it’s not a great reflection of talent

If Liverpool sold Ojo they likely get 8 million

It was in reply to someone saying 55 is on its way on the back of this signing.

Which is nonsense because if we’d have signed him this board would be delighted.

You only need to look at the Hastie thread to see how opinions swung back and forth on his ability.

What cause he stood out in a shite Motherwell side against bottom 6 Clubs at home. Stats big difference to goals against Hamilton and Dundee to scoring in Europe and against the pape.. goes peace.
OK mate, you don't rate him.

I can guarantee your attitude would be the other end of the scale if he was signing for us. As would most trying to knock him.

If he was as intimated last week one of us and signed for them %^*& him, that is all, welcome to the Scott Allan club son, ya dick.
They know what you are and will never take to you.

just had a look at the goals on youtube, one peach the others nothing to sing about - then look at Hastie's goals, out of the 2 I know which one is the more physical better prospect ;-)

nothing to concern ourselves with here, Turnbill is not going to be winning u any titles next season.....

I can guarantee your attitude would be the other end of the scale if he was signing for us. As would most trying to knock him.

Is he your Mate.. nah Mate if we handed over £3M for a kid after a handful of games in senior football I’d be ragin. £3M for a work in progress is not what we need and tbh not what the Tims need either.

FF is mental Haha

I guarantee this thread would be so full of excitement if it was our bid that had been accepted.

Hes a fantastic young talent and exactly the type of young player any team would be happy to have

£3M for a boy who is no better than any of our young guns. I’d confidently bet he won’t score the amount of goals he did last year.

IMO, he wouldn’t get in our midfield as it is now

FF is mental Haha

I guarantee this thread would be so full of excitement if it was our bid that had been accepted.

Hes a fantastic young talent and exactly the type of young player any team would be happy to have
FF, otherwise known as Flip Flop. Many struggle to be consistent in their views.

I haven't seen enough of Turnbull to pass judgement on him, but he's certainly had a good season and plenty of people with more knowledge than I have seem to rate him highly. I want us to sign the best young talent available, but that is a lot of money.

If we manage to sign Aribo, then he is potentially much better value for money, has plenty of scope for development and allows us to spend money elsewhere. Doc could come back and impress in preseason too.

Signing Turnbull based on 1 good season is a gamble. I couldn't see him displacing Arfield. We have a lot of good young players coming through, by the time Arfield is a couple of years older, some will hopefully be ready to make the step up.

A stupid decision to join them when he could go south and develop in a better league and move on to far bigger things. The Lurgan Bigot won't develop him the way Stevie G would or even the way that Rodgers would have. He should be looking at what Andy Robertson has achieved and also McGinn.

If he signs for the Bheast then I hope he fails miserably.

I know the family really well and his grandpa will be spinning in his grave at him signing for that mob.

Do you think he’ll go to them Amity ?

It’s strange. The announcement just says they’ve agreed a fee does it not ? It doesn’t say he’s signed. Maybe he’s said he doesn’t want to go so they’re hoping to attract an English bid of that value ?

FF is mental Haha

Fantastic young talent, really? You watched quite a bit of him then?

Have you seen what City are paying out? There is a table of how much per what offence.

If they are found guilty they'll be paying a few l hundred grand max.
Yep..it’s scandalous. £65,000 for rape is abhorrent.

People greeting cos we didn’t spunk £3million on turnbull who is more than likely to be put out on loan.Dry yer eyes ffs.

It was in reply to someone saying 55 is on its way on the back of this signing.

Which is nonsense because if we’d have signed him this board would be delighted.

You only need to look at the Hastie thread to see how opinions swung back and forth on his ability.

We are Rangers fans - we are supposed to be excited when Rangers sign players and laugh and mock players Celtic sign

More so when they are as ugly as this lady's front bottom

Is he your Mate.. nah Mate if we handed over £3M for a kid after a handful of games in senior football I’d be ragin. £3M for a work in progress is not what I we need and tbh not what the Tims need either.

He's very highly rated by leading commentators and footballing aficianados such as Gordon Dalziel, Tam Cowan and Big Thommo!

Wouldn’t get a game with the buffs ffs

A complete non entity dud carthorse of a player ,utter mince that will flop

One was a free agent. The 50k stuff is getting too far. Would of cost us 500k-1m at least if he wasn't out of contract. And that's mainly because its Dundee.

You're always going to pay more for attacking players. Look around the world at transfer prices.

Liverpool don’t

Good signing for the scum. I posted a couple of weeks ago that it was important we challenge them for the best young Scottish talent. He for me is the best and his young player of the year awards suggest that others think the same. Can't get my head around the "he's only played half a season argument ". The one player we are all desperate to have next season is Kent and he had very fee top flight games before starring for us.
Hope his signing is due to fact one of their better players is for the off.

Good signing for the scum. I posted a couple of weeks ago that it was important we challenge them for the best young Scottish talent. He for me is the best and his young player of the year awards suggest that others think the same. Can't get my head around the "he's only played half a season argument ". The one player we are all desperate to have next season is Kent and he had very fee top flight games before starring for us.
Hope his signing is due to fact one of their better players is for the off.

Kent got YPOTY?

Back