Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

Hes a player with great potential. Hes far too big a risk to us at 3mil tbh. If it was 1-2mil at a push then maybe I'd say we should be in but 3mil plus is a lot for us at this stage.

Aribo not coming will upset me more than this.

My guess is both us and them had Aribo at the top of our shopping list, whoever he chose would mean the other going for Turnbull.

If we miss out on a good player on a free we’re going for a youngster at over £3 million? We were never paying that for him if we even had the slightest interest in the first place!

8 pages on a potential scum signing!:rolleyes:

I know I've added to it before any smart arses comment.

Haven't seen so many pages since they signed the legend that was Scott Allan. This (potential) signing is based around similar motivation and will go the same way.

It’s a gamble for them, no doubt.

I’m not sure if we could afford such a gamble.

He might go like McGinn, or he might go like Goodwillie - I remember over half of FF demanding we throw £4m at him.

It’s difficult to judge after half a year in professional football. He is highly rated though, and he did win every trophy going for Motherwell. Could mean everything, could mean nothing.

I would have preferred we signed him than them though, I know that.

£3M for a young player who is only potential is a massive risk.

Might turn out to be good business but is a gamble.

Let's not get carried away, nobody knows what their budget is. The only good news about this summer is that they have to shuffle the pack and it could go wrong...sadly, it could go right too. Every transfer is a gamble, let's just hope our gambling is better than theirs this season.

All true.

It's their biggest pre season rebuild for nearly 20 years, and their most important for decades. That will bring about a degree of nervousness and perhaps an eagerness to jump in too soon.

Lennon has recruited well for them in the past, but most of that was down to their scouting at the time by a man they are desperately trying to entice back.

When John Park was delivering Wanyamas and Van Dijks to popcorn teeth dressing room Rangers were out of the picture. Now we're in their rear view mirror and threatening to overtake it brings a whole different pressure to their recruitment.

Aribo a young English midfielder must have grown up idolising Steven Gerrard, the fact we don’t have to pay a big fee for him means that can go towards wages, factor in playing infront of 50k and European football.

Hoping all these lead to him holding up the blue scarf in the trophy room.

Haven't seen so many pages since they signed the legend that was Scott Allan. This (potential) signing is based around similar motivation and will go the same way.
I'd have thought the signings of Allan and Morgan would raise concerns for the boy going there. He'd be better off down south at a championship team. Follow the McGinn example.

So, Motherwell announce they have agreed a fee (reported to be £3m + £250K).

Does that necessarily mean he is going to them. Motherwell may just be flagging up to his suitors down south (Barnsley and the like) what the fee really is to get him and it will then be up to the player.

All true.

It's their biggest pre season rebuild for nearly 20 years, and their most important for decades. That will bring about a degree of nervousness and perhaps an eagerness to jump in too soon.

Lennon has recruited well for them in the past, but most of that was down to their scouting at the time by a man they are desperately trying to entice back.

When John Park was delivering Wanyamas and Van Dijks to popcorn teeth dressing room Rangers were out of the picture. Now we're in their rear view mirror and threatening to overtake it brings a whole different pressure to their recruitment.

Lennon’s tried to get Park back to Parkpaed.

That’s apparently his best moments and skills 3 penalties a few tap ins, a couple of hopeful deep freekicks and a couple of deflected shots?

In that case, what a relief!

Have you told Bristol, Brighton or even Celtic this?

I'm sure the copious hours they've spent scouting and watching him live would have been better served by viewing that YouTube video.

Does that necessarily mean he is going to them. Motherwell may just be flagging up to his suitors down south (Barnsley and the like) what the fee really is to get him.
This was part of my thinking. Anyone remember a guy called Nacho Novo??

If the guy who is a Motherwell fan has several options down south, you’d have to imagine they come into his thinking.

Does that necessarily mean he is going to them. Motherwell may just be flagging up to his suitors down south (Barnsley and the like) what the fee really is to get him and it will then be up to the player.

Exactly mate. A couple of guys who know the family on here have said he wants to go to England.

They want English teams to come in & agree this fee & he then has that choice imo.

He is a good player with potential but for £3.25m I'd expect us to be signing someone who instantly is a star for us.

Cracking deal for Motherwell to be fair, the boy had a good end to the season but at 34 appearances last year in a breakout season he’s every bit as much of a gamble as Hastie is for us and he cost us nothing rather than £3m plus.

How are many on here seeing Motherwell play so often to form the opinion that this boy is a great talent that we are missing out on?

Sportscene loyal or full of shit?

For those saying he's not agreed to join them yet, I'd be surprised if the Tims have not sounded his agent out before they've met the asking price.

They're are already rumours flying around regarding reasons for them being rejected by players / managers. If Turnbull turns them down and signs for EFL championship team then it would be hugely embarrassing. Im guessing he'll sign now this has been made public.

For those saying he's not agreed to join them yet, I'd be surprised if the Tims have not sounded his agent out before they've met the asking price.

They're are already rumours flying around regarding reasons for them being rejected by players / managers. If Turnbull turns them down and signs for EFL championship team then it would be hugely embarrassing. Im guessing he'll sign now this has been made public.

Why did Motherwell post this & not just conclude the deal mate ?

Why have bears who know him said he’s going to England then ?

This isn’t yet a fait accompli Hap

Cracking deal for Motherwell to be fair, the boy had a good end to the season but at 34 appearances last year in a breakout season he’s every bit as much of a gamble as Hastie is for us and he cost us nothing rather than £3m plus.

Hastie won’t cost us ‘nothing’, a Tribunal will probably set a fee of circa £300k, but your point is valid nonetheless. That sort of money on Turnbull is a huge gamble.

It's fairly certain that Gerrard and his staff had looked closely at Turnbull and made a decision - rightly or wrongly - that they thought Motherwell's valuation of the player was too rich and therefore didn't pursue the matter. Had they been serious, Rangers would have asked that Motherwell 'keep them informed of developments' in the event that another club came in with a concrete bid which Rangers could either decide to match, increase, or announce they were withdrawing their interest. It seems to have been the latter - only time will tell if they made the correct call.

How are many on here seeing Motherwell play so often to form the opinion that this boy is a great talent that we are missing out on?

Sportscene loyal or full of shit?

True, but the observe is true also: no one can say he's shit without similarly watching an awful lot of Motherwell.

I'm bowled over to see so many rate Jones highly based on two games for Northern Ireland.

He is a huge gamble.

If we sneak in and sign him, he is still a huge gamble.

Back