Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

True, but the observe is true also: no one can say he's shit without similarly watching an awful lot of Motherwell.

I'm bowled over to see so many rate Jones highly based on two games for Northern Ireland.

That is of course correct. Realistically I think very few on here have seen enough of him to warrant the opinions I'm seeing on this thread.

Jones is probably seeing the benefit of a bit of wishful thinking on here but hopefully he can do us a turn.

In that case, what a relief!

Have you told Bristol, Brighton or even Celtic this?

I'm sure the copious hours they've spent scouting and watching him live would have been better served by viewing that YouTube video.

Sorry did I miss Brighton and Bristol’s bids? £3M probably put them right off.

Wanted no part of the 'goldfish bowl' and wanted to play at better level for wads more money.

For one so ugly he certainly is not stupid. He should be applauded for such foresight and ambition.
To be fair, the beggars also made an almighty fk up of it. They took too long to speak to him and by the time they tried to he was half way down the M6.

Given where Villa will be playing next season, not having his head turned has worked out very well for him.

Did the scout John Park ever sign for Sunderland? He was linked strongly a few weeks ago to be named DOF. I would be more concerned if he returned to the San Giro.

No recollection of him against us although I have to say the same about Hastie. Never looked at him on YouTube as our didn't think we would be in for him.

The cost of Kamara really isn't valid at all, we paid 50k because he had signed a pre contract with us, I think folk forget that a lot. He was worth far more.Its fantastic value but you can't go around waiting for folk to run out of contract every year, severely limits the pool of players you are after.

Second point is fair enough, but all signings are gambles, not many's are 100% nailed on starters before you buy them. Especially coming in to this club/league. With the increase in ST money, the Europa money & the best chance we've had for the league in years fans are going to expect us to spend money this season, no matter the value we got for an out of contract Kamara.

I realise that, and of course I know why we got Kamara for a nominal fee.

We will spend money this summer, but at this point in time if we’re spending our highest fee since returning to the top league it would need to be on a more established player.

I’m no going to suddenly pretend he’s shite. He will be a cracking player, sadly looks like they will get him

I think this is a bit of a reaction to the McGinn situation last season for them....To be honest this lad is one for the future and in the sort term may not impact on our target...you can never tell with young players and the OF is often a graveyard for all but the very best.

The worry is though if they are going to spend cash constantly this window...they outspend us again by the size of factors they have been then it's going to be tough.....

FF is mental Haha

I guarantee this thread would be so full of excitement if it was our bid that had been accepted.

Hes a fantastic young talent and exactly the type of young player any team would be happy to have

I genuinely don’t know how so many on here have watched Motherwell enough to know either way.

Why would any player with supposed options from other clubs chose to join that club knowing the horrific scandal that surrounds them??????

If we had signed him would he have walked into our team?? I'd say the same applies to the Tim's.

For all those on this thread saying they're glad we're not risking 2-3 million on a young player who's unproven, haven't we already done that with Eros Grezda?
What's the difference between him & Turnbull?

You're using grezda as an example why we should risk 3 million on an unproven young player?

Really?

Hes a decent young player but £3 million is a lot on a squad player. He will not be anywhere near their starting XI.

Not bothered to be honest. A good player like Scott Allan, Dylan McGeouch and our own Greg Docherty . . . but we have better players in our squad already.

That is of course correct. Realistically I think very few on here have seen enough of him to warrant the opinions I'm seeing on this thread.

Jones is probably seeing the benefit of a bit of wishful thinking on here but hopefully he can do us a turn.

On the contrary, Jones will benefit from folk deciding he isn’t good enough before he’s kicked a ball for us,the reaction to his signing was ridiculously negative, there’s little expectation so less pressure.

His performances for Northern Ireland have been very encouraging.

Official Site:
RANGERS are today delighted to announce the signing of Jake Hastie on a four-year-deal.

The winger will join the Light Blues from Motherwell with his current deal at Fir Park ends this summer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Herald article on whether he should sign for the mhanks:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s what the stats say…

When comparing Turnbull to the attacking midfielders in the Celtic squad, the most obvious stat that jumps out is his number of goals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only places I found positions mentioned in a one minute google search. Seems you may be full of it sir.

The fee Turnbull goes for has nothing to do with him really. As a player he isn't just a prospect, he is a very good footballer; he has the potential to become an extremely good player-for his age he's quite probably the best player in this league. I still wish he was coming to Rangers, but if he isn't then we move on.

Last edited:
They're paying over £1.75m that they paid for O'Donnell then if it's a club record fee.

Good luck with that one lhads.

Turnbull is insanely overated at that price after just 30 games. They're buying nothing but potential here.

Agree mate, I remember us chasing a Hivs superstar in the making went by the name of Allen the mhanks jumped in and got him, remember how that one panned out for them.

On the contrary, Jones will benefit from folk deciding he isn’t good enough before he’s kicked a ball for us,the reaction to his signing was ridiculously negative, there’s little expectation so less pressure.

His performances for Northern Ireland have been very encouraging.

I meant the opinion on here of Jones has benefited from a bit of wishful thinking, rather than the player himself seeing any benefit.

I still think he will come here with not a lot of expectation from the fans, which will be good for him (and us hopefully) as you say.

I know next to nothing about him except the games against us last season.

Can’t say I remember him doing anything against us of note. Undoubtedly a gamble from the mentally challengeds, but I can’t help but think this is a positive for us if this is them ‘strengthening’.

Back