Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

Callum Magregor wants to leave them apparently this will be his replacement

Big risk for them imo its because they fucked up with Mcginn they are going all out for him.

Now they can sell McGregor and make money. All part of Liewell’s master plan ;)

Did he boss any of the games he played against us or them? Not being funny but I don't remember him being a standout....It's defenders and a striker those daft paedo cunts need anyway so this is a good deal for us in my opinion as its money they won't be spending elsewhere

That name Turnbull doesn't fit in with their usual signings.
I feel sorry that the good name of Turnbull originally from the Leadhills area is now associated with that lot and their baggage.

Bit of a gamble but looks like a good signing for them. As mentioned before I reckon the 3 million will be off the back of selling one of their better players. So whilst it looks like a good signing now it will leave them weaker when a Tierney or McGregor moves on

Do you think he’ll go to them Amity ?

It’s strange. The announcement just says they’ve agreed a fee does it not ? It doesn’t say he’s signed. Maybe he’s said he doesn’t want to go so they’re hoping to attract an English bid of that value ?
Difficult to say. The boy himself is Motherwell daft, so is his dad. He'll probably just go for the best deal he can get. Hope it isn't the bheasts though.

Pretty disappointed. Really wanted us to sign him. More frustrated that he’s going to them, hopefully an English club will come in and beat them to the signature.

In a minority, but I’d have paid the £3M for him.

Disappointed but only because I want all good Scottish players at us.

I said before that I can see why there was potential for it to be worth spending £3mill if we did it but equally enough doubts to fully justify us passing. Hopefully the doubts are valid and he has a disappointing loan to Aberdeen before warming the bench for a bit and regretting he didn’t go to England.

I think the Ukrainian they have signed will be a better player than Turnbull. He was on the bench for the Ukraine the other night and has very impressive stats for a winger. I doubt Turnbull will get a game

Imagine the money we saved on Morelos and Kamara, cest la vie.
Or the money wasted recruiting Lafferty, mcauley, firth, Cardoso, Herrera, Dorrans, John, Crooks, Barton, hodson, Dodoo, Garner, Senderos, Alnwick some right dross though Grezda was an expensive last ditch gamble after Murphy injury and Pena should never oh happened.

This is a carbon copy of the Morgan thread and the Allan thread before that. He might turn into a good player but if they are losing the likes of McGregor and Ntcham and replacing them with risky prospects I'm not going to lose any sleep especially if they are spunking over 3 million on him.
We have picked up Hastie, Jones and Stewart up for next to nothing hopefully Aribo for the same, two of them will be squad players, one sounds like is going out on loan to develop further and one will walk straight into our first 11.
If they are spending 3 million on him, he is going there to play. I know what I'm more comfortable with.

Or the money wasted recruiting Lafferty, mcauley, firth, Cardoso, Herrera, Dorrans, John, Crooks, Barton, hodson, Dodoo, Garner, Senderos, Alnwick some right dross though Grezda was an expensive last ditch gamble after Murphy injury and Pena should never oh happened.

Football clubs tend to make some signings that don't work out, and some that do, its not exclusively us.

Glad we aren’t paying £3million for someone who’s had a good 6 months.

Buying potential with a risk that hopefully doesn’t pay off. If it does though then they’re laughing.

Football clubs tend to make some signings that don't work out, and some that do, its not exclusively us.
Absolutely, the rats have a list a mile long also, though thankfully theirs cost millions where as ours aren't so much though recruitment is important, here's hoping the new guy today can help reduce the number of bads/ false positives.

How far back you taking this? Dodoo & Crooks were July 16 so six transfer windows ago?

I'm shocked that over the course of three years some of our signings haven't worked out.

All this tells me is that us and them are now shopping in the same markets, taking punts on potential. Who’s to say Hastie won’t respond better to the demands of an OF club than Turnbull? One thing I’m certain of, no way is he worth 4 Glen Kamaras

Try 40 Glen Kamaras!

I'm not being funny, but I only ever took notice of Turnbull after his name was mentioned on FF, he was never a player that I noticed when we faced Murderwell last season.

Hopefully this means that wee smug faced prick, McGregor is being punted to refill the biscuit tin.

McGregor is the real deal when it comes to football up here and they will be significantly weaker replacing him with Turnbull, them the facts.

Add in the likelihood of Larry Fishburne leaving as well then that's 2 big pair of boots to fill. Make that 3, Rogic is done. The Sellik support are a lot of things but they're no daft when it comes to crafty Pete, they can see what he's up to here, and will have eyes fixed on the exit door as much as who's coming in.

They need a new CB, RB, LB (for the uncertain future of Fears for Tiers). They'll need a new forward to fill in for Edouard when he gets sulky for losing Ntcham. They currently have Michael 'Magic' Johnstone and the degenerate Thumb. Who is being nursed backed to health and given encouragement from a bi-polar alky.

If they're using £3m+ on Turnbull when they're needing major surgery then let them charge on.
They're not daft when it comes to crafty Pete?....They have lapped up his horseshit for 15 years now.....

His dad wants him to go to England.

Course he does forget that it’s that rancid team with Lennon snarling at him for a second.
Imagine if the boy had a season like McGinn at somewhere like Cardiff the money would be treble what he’d get at the beasts.

Their defence is by far their weak point, yet they’re spunking 3 mill on a kid who’s had a good half a season in an area where they’re already stowed.

I say let them get on with it.

He suits us more but I’m more than happy for them to take a fairly expensive risk and sell on a far better player from a midfield that is pretty solid.

Their defence is by far their weak point, yet they’re spunking 3 mill on a kid who’s had a good half a season in an area where they’re already stowed.

I say let them get on with it.
They’re in talks with Toulouse over a defender for 8m.

According to the Daily Record they are also trying to sign a central defender from Toulouse for £8 million. If this is true, at least one of their better players is getting sold

Back