Motherwell away emails out

Is there a reason they don't just do a mygers points update at the start of every season (even like a cut off point say end of August) then that's your points and tier for the season?
Removes the incentive to buy add ons, reducing the clubs revenue.

Also means that someone could be doing 2/3 euro trips and then miss out on a last 32/16 tie because the earlier euro aways weren’t added etc

I have no issue with quarterly points updates, I actually think it’s fair however no ballots should be done during a points update/threshold update

I also do think it’s alarming that points are still added manually and open to human error. There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence of points not being added correctly and people having to chase mygers team/prove purchases before the points get added. Considering the revenue mygers generates, we shouldn’t be relying on someone adding points manually. As said, it’s open to human error

It tells you your mygers tier on the ticket portal, so it definitely is stored somewhere.

The system put restrictions on ballots and puts the relevant requirements in successful peoples baskets etc so yes it does seem manual but the thresholds and tiers are stored on the system

What are you talking about in regards to Liverpool? They asked people to apply, they then calculated there was X amount of people on 1622 and above that applied and there was enough tickets to sort all of those so that was the points cut off for the game. To stop people buying add ons that were added instantly onto the points total, thus potentially taking them above 1622, they said that they’d calculated points as of 9am on the day the email went out. I’m not really sure what you’re getting at?

Regarding the bit in red - that’s exactly how mygers used to work and we were told the only time people could move tiers would be the quarterly updates. That’s not me making that up, that’s literally what was communicated to us and discussed on here at length in 2020
Were does it show you your tier on the ticketing site? I've had another look and still can't see it.

Regards Liverpool, I've noticed they tend to do the purchase restrictions differently for domestic and European aways. Domestic it's usually a requirement which appears in our accounts, which means who can and can't purchase is closed. Whereas most European aways, being top down, they'll just put the match registration as the requirement and make the 'restriction' the particular points range they want to go with. This then seems to allow them to automate to some extent the dropping of points thresholds. This would also leave it open to anyone who newly met the points criteria, with the caveat being they've registered before the deadline. This wasn't done for Liverpool, they just used the normal domestic away process of giving the lucky few the requirement.

I absolutely agree people shouldn't be moving tiers in-between updates, but it is happening, due to the crap they're trying to push sales for offering instant points. That should stop, but it won't, as they likely make a decent amount of money from people buying crap they don't need or want, just to inflate their points.

As I mentioned previously I've emailed mygers and asked for clarification. If I receive it, I'll be sure to share it on here.

Never going to keep everyone happy.

More tiers probably is the least worst situation.

The club should patent ‘silvery gold’ just now.

Also not a fan of the tier entry being raised, more tiers could hopefully facilitate that being set in stone.

Were does it show you your tier on the ticketing site? I've had another look and still can't see it.

Regards Liverpool, I've noticed they tend to do the purchase restrictions differently for domestic and European aways. Domestic it's usually a requirement which appears in our accounts, which means who can and can't purchase is closed. Whereas most European aways, being top down, they'll just put the match registration as the requirement and make the 'restriction' the particular points range they want to go with. This then seems to allow them to automate to some extent the dropping of points thresholds. This would also leave it open to anyone who newly met the points criteria, with the caveat being they've registered before the deadline. This wasn't done for Liverpool, they just used the normal domestic away process of giving the lucky few the requirement.

I absolutely agree people shouldn't be moving tiers in-between updates, but it is happening, due to the crap they're trying to push sales for offering instant points. That should stop, but it won't, as they likely make a decent amount of money from people buying crap they don't need or want, just to inflate their points.

As I mentioned previously I've emailed mygers and asked for clarification. If I receive it, I'll be sure to share it on here.
The reason they sold Liverpool by adding a requirement to order history was because of them promising a ticket to everyone on the cancelled Ajax flight.

Meant they could manually give the requirement to those on the flight who had less than 1622 points to enable them to purchase.

The reason they sold Liverpool by adding a requirement to order history was because of them promising a ticket to everyone on the cancelled Ajax flight.

Meant they could manually give the requirement to those on the flight who had less than 1622 points to enable them to purchase.
That makes sense then as to why they did Liverpool differently, rather than just registration+pts.

Ordinarily though anyone could move themselves into the points threshold and get themselves a ticket. Which is the crux of what I'm saying to @Aww Skew, the fact that tiers aren't locked in-between updates. If you miss out on Gold after the next tier adjustment by 1pt, go and buy a match programme online and you'll move up into Gold. I suspect this is what's happening with the silvery golds being mentioned on this thread. But aye, if they've just blindly went ahead and done the ballot based on people's points and therefore tier as of yesterday, they should get fired out a cannon (or at least own up to being inept/uncaring).

That makes sense then as to why they did Liverpool differently, rather than just registration+pts.

Ordinarily though anyone could move themselves into the points threshold and get themselves a ticket. Which is the crux of what I'm saying to @Aww Skew, the fact that tiers aren't locked in-between updates. If you miss out on Gold after the next tier adjustment by 1pt, go and buy a match programme online and you'll move up into Gold. I suspect this is what's happening with the silvery golds being mentioned on this thread. But aye, if they've just blindly went ahead and done the ballot based on people's points and therefore tier as of yesterday, they should get fired out a cannon (or at least own up to being inept/uncaring).

Gold silver and bronze numbers should be locked until tier updates

They still give put a requirement in peoples purchase history for European games to ensure it’s only people that register who can buy.

They do this to avoid the exact situation you describe. Say the cut off was 1515 and there was enough tickets for everyone that registered on 1515+ and then someone on 1495-1514 buys a B team ticket trying to get in last min, it won’t let them as they don’t have the requirement unless they had those amount of points at a set time (Liverpool 9am on day of the emails)

So not really sure what you’re implying by saying it’s different? You still need a requirement to buy.

The Motherwell email said that only around 3300 gold applied which will be correct however it’s recorded top silvers as silver registrations for the game. However, on their purchase emails inviting them to buy it’s now classed them as good. None of the existing golds would’ve been relegated a tier given there’s no threshold change yet so it’s evident people have been promoted temporarily. That then means those people that registered when in silver have now been allocated a ticket out of the gold pool of tickets

It’s there in black and white

They still give put a requirement in peoples purchase history for European games to ensure it’s only people that register who can buy.

They do this to avoid the exact situation you describe. Say the cut off was 1515 and there was enough tickets for everyone that registered on 1515+ and then someone on 1495-1514 buys a B team ticket trying to get in last min, it won’t let them as they don’t have the requirement unless they had those amount of points at a set time (Liverpool 9am on day of the emails)

So not really sure what you’re implying by saying it’s different? You still need a requirement to buy.

The Motherwell email said that only around 3300 gold applied which will be correct however it’s recorded top silvers as silver registrations for the game. However, on their purchase emails inviting them to buy it’s now classed them as good. None of the existing golds would’ve been relegated a tier given there’s no threshold change yet so it’s evident people have been promoted temporarily. That then means those people that registered when in silver have now been allocated a ticket out of the gold pool of tickets

It’s there in black and white
I'm pretty sure that they didn't use requirements for the first 3 euro aways. All you needed was the registration and the correct amount of points.

I don't have a requirement in my purchase history but bought all three tickets

No you won’t as they don’t add individual programme purchases outwith a quarterly points update.

It’s also not what’s happened at all. The points for the Motherwell ballot have been based on those during a points update - explain how boys on my mates bus have went up and they haven’t bought any of the add ons that get added immediately, outwith a points update? So it’s actually the square route of 0 to do with people buying things and having the points added immediately

I’m not really sure if you understand what’s happened and I don’t mean that in a cheeky way in the slightest. Some of the people that I know of, can’t talk about others, were very close to the gold threshold cut off before the points updated. Since the update exercise has happened, they’ve managed to get more points than the Q1 gold threshold cut off due to match attendances, which has temporarily taken them into gold, which meant they were classed as gold for the Motherwell ballot. They’ve got tickets they weren’t entitled to

I'm pretty sure that they didn't use requirements for the first 3 euro aways. All you needed was the registration and the correct amount of points.

I don't have a requirement in my purchase history but bought all three tickets
Sorry, didn’t word it correctly - I meant the registration is the requirement as without it you can’t purchase

Also to add, the points are essentially frozen from the point you get an email until the time that the next drop down in points open. I’ve seen people trying to buy an add on to breach it and been unsuccessful. If you’ve heard of anyone managing it then that’s news to me and I’d accept someone’s word as I know how shit the system is

first away of the season - after applying for every game.

god bless my gers haha

So seems like a threshold update is due, did the SLO ever manage to get an explanation as to why Gold went up to 3500ish @Aww Skew
Absolutely not a peep, unsurprisingly

So gold went up by over 500 members from April 2022 to July 2022 despite overall membership numbers dropping in the same period

Since July 2022, membership numbers have rocketed up to a reported 50k+. Gold will 100% increase again. Gold should strap themselves in

So not only have gold been shafted by having tier numbers grow when overall membership numbers dropped; not only have gold been shafted in Q2 update in 2021 and 2022 where tickets went to “silvery golds” when they shouldn’t have; gold will now increase further meaning that we may well get less than 4 tickets over the season after all

Absolutely not a peep, unsurprisingly

So gold went up by over 500 members from April 2022 to July 2022 despite overall membership numbers dropping in the same period

Since July 2022, membership numbers have rocketed up to a reported 50k+. Gold will 100% increase again. Gold should strap themselves in

So not only have gold been shafted by having tier numbers grow when overall membership numbers dropped; not only have gold been shafted in Q2 update in 2021 and 2022 where tickets went to “silvery golds” when they shouldn’t have; gold will now increase further meaning that we may well get less than 4 tickets over the season after all
gold started to face problems from last january

So seems like a threshold update is due, did the SLO ever manage to get an explanation as to why Gold went up to 3500ish @Aww Skew
Also, just to add. Gold was circa 2200 in July 2021 I’m led to believe. Q2 update error happened but overall membership numbers stayed the same - though tickets for 2 games were given to people in error

In Q3, January 2022, numbers went up to circa 2500, roughly a 12% increase. Did overall mygers membership numbers go up by 12% in this period?

In Q4, April 2022, numbers went up to just under 3000, roughly a 17% increase from January to April 2022. Did overall mygers membership numbers go up by 17% in this period?

In Q1 in 22/23 season, July 2022, numbers went up by over 500 despite the overall mygers membership numbers falling between April 2022 and July 2022. A gold increase from April to July of circa 15% despite the overall mygers numbers falling in this period

Gold has increased by around 60% from July 2021 to July 2022. Have the overall mygers numbers increased by 60% during that period? Have they fuck

Also, just to add. Gold was circa 2200 in July 2021 I’m led to believe. Q2 update error happened but overall membership numbers stayed the same - though tickets for 2 games were given to people in error

In Q3, January 2022, numbers went up to circa 2500, roughly a 12% increase. Did overall mygers membership numbers go up by 12% in this period?

In Q4, April 2022, numbers went up to just under 3000, roughly a 17% increase from January to April 2022. Did overall mygers membership numbers go up by 17% in this period?

In Q1 in 22/23 season, July 2022, numbers went up by over 500 despite the overall mygers membership numbers falling between April 2022 and July 2022. A gold increase from April to July of circa 15% despite the overall mygers numbers falling in this period

Gold has increase by around 60% from July 2021 to July 2022. Have the overall mygers numbers increased by 60% during that period? Have they fuck
a reason top tier needs to be a smaller number

Honestly, this balls up just keeps getting worse and worse. Just do away with this "MyGers" debacle and just charge us £50 to join the CCCS for aways, semis and finals and reintroduce a £20 TC. And charge non STH £30 to join the waiting list for STs where they can accumulate points on a similar basis.

We rushed this scheme into action and have forced it into an out dated and not fit for purpose ticketing operating system. All it's doing is winding people up.

a reason top tier needs to be a smaller number
I personally believe it was too low in July 2021 and they misjudged how many tickets we’d get.

I think the correct amount should be somewhere inbetween the January and April figures

I personally believe it was too low in July 2021 and they misjudged how many tickets we’d get.

I think the correct amount should be somewhere inbetween the January and April figures
no mate

rangers dont have 3k dedicated followers who go all round regardless of the applications
ufa, fraserburgh and now celtic

I believe 1k in gold if they are all out followers is a more fairer deal

2k was ok and started off well....i only missed out on st mirren so was happy with process up to a certain point because it was doing ok....although still prefered a top down point system

tiers then changed from january onwards and we find ourselves here

no mate

rangers dont have 3k dedicated followers who go all round regardless of the applications
ufa, fraserburgh and now celtic

I believe 1k in gold if they are all out followers is a more fairer deal

2k was ok and started off well....i only missed out on st mirren so was happy with process up to a certain point because it was doing ok....although still prefered a top down point system

tiers then changed from january onwards and we find ourselves here
If you could guarantee tickets for every game to people, the number willing to go to every game domestically would be higher than 3000 in my opinion

If you’re meaning europe too then I’ll concede

Not sure if that has been covered,

I have been allocated a ticket for Fir Park, typically i can't make this,

If i was to not purchase my ticket & let this drop to someone else, will i still be in the ballot for the St Johnstone fixture or will i be exempt from this for not taking up the offer of the Motherwell ticket?

If you could guarantee tickets for every game to people, the number willing to go to every game domestically would be higher than 3000 in my opinion

If you’re meaning europe too then I’ll concede

ok take hearts for instance, thats not 3k
thats 1.2k
( i think) so you need to look at your best followers, we are not equal as some have followed more than others....its the way of the world mate

in a point system it is top down not tier balloting

and a point i wish to bring up, are the registrations still gaining the person a point?

Not sure if that has been covered,

I have been allocated a ticket for Fir Park, typically i can't make this,

If i was to not purchase my ticket & let this drop to someone else, will i still be in the ballot for the St Johnstone fixture or will i be exempt from this for not taking up the offer of the Motherwell ticket?
you loose out

i pm you

ok take hearts for instance, thats not 3k
thats 1.2k
( i think) so you need to look at your best followers, we are not equal as some have followed more than others....its the way of the world mate

in a point system it is top down not tier balloting

and a point i wish to bring up, are the registrations still gaining the person a point?
Mate, we can’t ever have a system that gives the same 500-1500 tickets for every domestic away game when we all pay the same £40

There’s over 50,000 members, we’re averaging around 14,000 applications each game. Why would anyone in their right mind continue to pay the membership fee to allow 1/2% of the membership to swallow up the vast majority of tickets?

It’s not the same as RSCs mate, never happening

The top down argument I can see the for and against tbh. Old cccs balloted hampden and away tickets but new system is top down for hampden but a ballot for aways. You see from games last season that they do not sell out - I am sure livi, st johnstone and motherwell off the top of my head all went to second and third ballots. Would a top down method with a % of collections prevent people lower down getting away tickets compared to the current method? For example silver now may only get one or two but those so far could be aberdeen, hearts or hibs whilst a lot of gold so far sat on just livi. Yes the bigger games wouldn't drop out of gold likely but I still think certain games would as you see in europe.

I don't really know what the solution is tbh but certainly for domestic away games it isn't working

The top down argument I can see the for and against tbh. Old cccs balloted hampden and away tickets but new system is top down for hampden but a ballot for aways. You see from games last season that they do not sell out - I am sure livi, st johnstone and motherwell off the top of my head all went to second and third ballots. Would a top down method with a % of collections prevent people lower down getting away tickets compared to the current method? For example silver now may only get one or two but those so far could be aberdeen, hearts or hibs whilst a lot of gold so far sat on just livi. Yes the bigger games wouldn't drop out of gold likely but I still think certain games would as you see in europe.

I don't really know what the solution is tbh but certainly for domestic away games it isn't working
Fully top down for every domestic away game should never be implemented and it won’t ever be implemented as it makes zero commercial sense for rangers

A complete non starter

Fully top down for every domestic away game should never be implemented and it won’t ever be implemented as it makes zero commercial sense for rangers

A complete non starter
Tbh I don't think it should either but it does definitely need looking at as the current system seems to be getting worse regarding away games. Obviously reduced allocations doesn't help either.

Tbh I don't think it should either but it does definitely need looking at as the current system seems to be getting worse regarding away games. Obviously reduced allocations doesn't help either.
It's getting worse for the 500 or so that want all the tickets but not for the club with record numbers joining.

Don’t people realise that they are more concerned about getting £40/£50 off people than pleasing those at the top.

Mate, we can’t ever have a system that gives the same 500-1500 tickets for every domestic away game when we all pay the same £40

There’s over 50,000 members, we’re averaging around 14,000 applications each game
. Why would anyone in their right mind continue to pay the membership fee to allow 1/2% of the membership to swallow up the vast majority of tickets?

It’s not the same as RSCs mate, never happening
regarding members and applications
dont buy into it

people are buying mygers knowing they will get nothing

It's getting worse for the 500 or so that want all the tickets but not for the club with record numbers joining.

Don’t people realise that they are more concerned about getting £40/£50 off people than pleasing those at the top.
So long as the average amount of tickets available for gold is greater than the average amount available to silver, they’ll say they’ve rewarded loyalty

The real issue for the club now is that golds were only on track to get 4 tickets across the league season before the Motherwell cock up and that big allocation was included in the forecast. They’ve got Dundee Utd/St Johnstone and Livingston left before the split which will result in golds getting at least 1, if not 2 from those games

The above is based on current gold levels though, any increase and it’s going to affect it even more. I went through allocations so far up to Motherwell and estimated there’s been just over 10000 tickets available to mygers. Some gold say they’re on 0, most seem to be on 1 and a select few saying they’re on 2

I sincerely hope there’s a few Scottish cup away games with big allocations

So long as the average amount of tickets available for gold is greater than the average amount available to silver, they’ll say they’ve rewarded loyalty

The real issue for the club now is that golds were only on track to get 4 tickets across the league season before the Motherwell cock up and that big allocation was included in the forecast. They’ve got Dundee Utd/St Johnstone and Livingston left before the split which will result in golds getting at least 1, if not 2 from those games

The above is based on current gold levels though, any increase and it’s going to affect it even more. I went through allocations so far up to Motherwell and estimated there’s been just over 10000 tickets available to mygers. Some gold say they’re on 0, most seem to be on 1 and a select few saying they’re on 2

I sincerely hope there’s a few Scottish cup away games with big allocations
when it comes to big games they really should look at why gold is getting less

but the facts are clear
too many in gold to start with,
why is tickets going to folk in bronze if that is the case

yet they call it loyalty

Nothing for me for Motherwell. Livingston the only one so far for domestic games in Gold. I have had all the Euro aways so far though so that's a bonus.....

Back