Motherwell away emails out

It’s a Loyalty Membership Scheme that does not reward loyalty. Top does.

No one liked the one match that was first come first served.

No one likes the ballot, especially now they keep increasing the numbers in gold.

So why not top down. It’s used in every RSC across the country. It’s used for European games. It’s used for semis and finals. And guess what, no one complains. Not sure how that does not register with people. And it’s not a closed shop as some people love to keep saying. If you want tickets, you will get them over time if you are as committed as others. Loyalty is actually rewarded and everyone knows exactly where they stand.

But if everyone above you buys everything then you’ll never move up ?

No one likes the ballot, especially now they keep increasing the numbers in gold.

So why not top down. It’s used in every RSC across the country. It’s used for European games. It’s used for semis and finals. And guess what, no one complains. Not sure how that does not register with people. And it’s not a closed shop as some people love to keep saying. If you want tickets, you will get them over time if you are as committed as others. Loyalty is actually rewarded and everyone knows exactly where they stand.
You can get as many points by buying B and womens season tickets as you do attending 8 home games

You can get as many points by buying B and womens season tickets as you do attending 8 home games
Technically that’s untrue as the ST purchase gets you 120 points and the you get an extra 5 each time you scan in

You’re not paying anymore £ to the club when you scan in to those 8 games (if it’s league games)

Technically that’s untrue as the ST purchase gets you 120 points and the you get an extra 5 each time you scan in

You’re not paying anymore £ to the club when you scan in to those 8 games (if it’s league games)
A non season ticket holder who goes to every league game at Ibrox will get less points than a guy who buys an edmiston house package and every other add on it's unlikely but it's a flawed scheme and it's not really about loyalty it's about the club wanting more money

Listen happy days it ever did go top down Lol but it would be business suicide by Rangers.
Ridiculous tbh.

They’d be as well bringing back the CCCS for away games (but keep that you need to register) and keeping mygers for Hampden and Euros. That’s what most folk want it for and given gold appear to be getting hardly any tickets it probably won’t make a difference to us

A non season ticket holder who goes to every league game at Ibrox will get less points than a guy who buys an edmiston house package and every other add on it's unlikely but it's a flawed scheme and it's not really about loyalty it's about the club wanting more money
That’s a different point to what you just said though

Buying all available add ons (if it included EH) would be more expensive than some STs I believe

They’d be as well bringing back the CCCS for away games (but keep that you need to register) and keeping mygers for Hampden and Euros. That’s what most folk want it for and given gold appear to be getting hardly any tickets it probably won’t make a difference to us
That’s where we are heading btw. Anyone who doesn’t see it is in denial

Cccs with everyone paying £40 a year, for 2 away tickets. They’ve stitched us right up

Listen happy days it ever did go top down Lol but it would be business suicide by Rangers.
Ridiculous tbh.
How? The extra hundreds of thousands of pounds of additional revenue it would make through the add-ons? Or the money they wouldn’t lose through people unwilling to do what it takes to get tickets? Cause there is absolutely no chance thousand won’t renew - they need MyGers for semi final and finals as well as European away games. People not renewing is a made up story just like saying it’s a closed shop.

I don’t agree with it.

Loyalty should be about the amount of games you attend. But one could argue it’s also about how much money you put in the club. If you do both, should you not be rewarded more than someone who does not?

How? The extra hundreds of thousands of pounds of additional revenue it would make through the add-ons? Or the money they wouldn’t lose through people unwilling to do what it takes to get tickets? Cause there is absolutely no chance thousand won’t renew - they need MyGers for semi final and finals as well as European away games. People not renewing is a made up story just like saying it’s a closed shop.
You think if Rangers declared every domestic away ticket went to the same 1500 every other week 51,000 would still sign up?

Managed to finally buy my ticket

Ticket system wouldn’t let me buy it, then it had the cheek to send me 5 “left something in your basket” emails. Couldn’t make it up

Also a bit of a wider point here.

See if we are allocated the chance to buy a ticket. Why in earth should we then need to then go in and buy it. If you’ve allocated me the chance to buy one, just charge me for it. No need to have me add the requirement to my basket, then add the ticket, then try to buy it (which will almost certainly fail) There is too many failure points in it.

The whole thing is a shambles

But if everyone above you buys everything then you’ll never move up ?
That’s not true. Firstly, there is that many different ways to accumulate points it’s impractical that everyone above you will go to every match and buy all the add-ons. I’d say impossible. More importantly, it’s a five year rolling points total meaning they would only be above you for five years then you would catch them.

I don’t agree with it.

Loyalty should be about the amount of games you attend. But one could argue it’s also about how much money you put in the club. If you do both, should you not be rewarded more than someone who does not?
Yes, as long as you do both.

Points should be based on attendance, not simply just buying things

You want additional points for attending women’s games and B team games? Attend the matches.

That is the loyalty that should be rewarded

You think if Rangers declared every domestic away ticket went to the same 1500 every other week 51,000 would still sign up?
Yes, or they wouldn’t get their semi and finals tickets. Plus only 15k people actually apply for away tickets. Out of the 15k who actually want to go to away matches, they also want semi finals and finals and most European away tickets. Plus, as it’s not a closed shop, it would not be the same people. Just like now, when people move between tiers.

Yes, as long as you do both.

Points should be based on attendance, not simply just buying things

You want additional points for attending women’s games and B team games? Attend the matches.

That is the loyalty that should be rewarded
And if they don’t then that’s a self choice. They know the rules. Points make tickets. Lose points, lose tickets.

I have never said I agree with points for add-ons. I don’t.

Yes, or they wouldn’t get their semi and finals tickets. Plus only 15k people actually apply for away tickets. Out if the 15k who actually want to go to away matches, they also want semi finals and finals and most European away tickets. Plus, as it’s not a closed shop, it would not be the same people. Just like now, when people move between tiers.
Out of interest why are Rangers against top down domestically if they wouldn’t lose £££ or memberships?

Out of interest why are Rangers against top down domestically if they wouldn’t lose £££ or memberships?
Who said they were against it? The rules and conditions of MyGers are forever changing. Don’t be surprised to see it in some format next season. Rangers do whatever makes them money. MyGers is proof of that.

Who said they were against it? The rules and conditions of MyGers are forever changing. Don’t be surprised to see it in some format next season. Rangers do whatever makes them money. MyGers is proof of that.
They clearly are against it for domestic aways or it would’ve been implemented for Parkhead as a minimum

That’s not true. Firstly, there is that many different ways to accumulate points it’s impractical that everyone above you will go to every match and buy all the add-ons. I’d say impossible. More importantly, it’s a five year rolling points total meaning they would only be above you for five years then you would catch them.
Those at the top got there because they went to the games and bought the stuff so why wouldn't they want to stay there? It is incorrect to say that everyone has the same chance to buy things since euro aways are top down. Given that those at the top worked so hard to get there, why wouldn't they continue to buy everything to stay there? It's not as if we are talking about the whole of gold as a lot of games have smaller mygers allocations.

There is a lot of movement at the moment due to historic points dropping off as the qualifying conditions were not known at the time unlike know. How many would have ticked all the boxes had they known at the time they were worth 50 points each per season for little outlay.

Just because you keep saying that everybody has the same chance doesn't make it true.

That’s where we are heading btw. Anyone who doesn’t see it is in denial

Cccs with everyone paying £40 a year, for 2 away tickets. They’ve stitched us right up
£40 for guaranteed Hampden v Them and finals and access to European aways? Makes sense for everyone in gold & top 1/3 of silver

Probably a compromise most will take. You can pick away tix up for most games anyway

£40 for guaranteed Hampden v Them and finals and access to European aways? Makes sense for everyone in gold & top 1/3 of silver

Probably a compromise most will take. You can pick away tix up for most games anyway
Would make sense for 10000 people. It wouldn’t just be £40 though, you’d still need to buy stuff to stay near the top

It’s not a compromise though because if it goes to cccs then we’d get 2 tickets a season based on league allocations

Just checking my own understanding what’s the advantage now of being in Gold ? Euro aways and Hampden are top down points. Low allocation Cat A games are not just balloted to Gold as we know. So perks of being labelled Gold are ?

Just checking my own understanding what’s the advantage now of being in Gold ? Euro aways and Hampden are top down points. Low allocation Cat A games are not just balloted to Gold as we know. So perks of being labelled Gold are ?
Guaranteed hampden ticket
Guaranteed European ticket if at the top of gold
Supposed “better chance” at domestic aways as gold are meant to get the biggest share of each mygers allocat

I say “better chance” as gold numbers have now taken away the real benefit of being gold, as seen last season. The fact they’ve messed up points updates and given gold tickets to silver twice now means that it’s up to your own interpretation if it’s a perk

In the interest of balance and fairness, gold will end up with more than they would if it was a straight cccs type distribution method for away tickets so many would argue it’s beneficial

And how does that benefit those who try and not miss a game, home, away or abroad but don’t get their tickets through Mygers because they miss out but source it by other means.
It’s these supporters that should get points for making the effort and the club should acknowledge that. We pay our money, support our team but don’t move up the tiered system.
Agree what your saying, I’ve sourced tickets for the last 20 years from RSC’s, players, ex players, non away game CCCS season tickets holders and now myGers members.

But all this means nothing to the ticket office.
By the way I’m needing 1 for Fir Park :p

went to buy my motherwell tickets ... but my dundee tickets are in the basket (i am on the CCCS) how do i buy the motherwell tickets without buying the dundee tickets at the same time ?

Delete the Dundee one from your basket mate, then buy Motherwell.

If you are CCCS, the Dundee game will automatically go back into your basket, and CCCS will get it for you.

Not all.

Can only speak for ours, but it has never had a points system in place. Every member who pays their dues is entitled to enter a ballot for tickets if they wish.

Not all.

Can only speak for ours, but it has never had a points system in place. Every member who pays their dues is entitled to enter a ballot for tickets if they wish.
And I bet that goes down well. League decider and a glory hunter goes in the ballot for the first time and gets the ticket.

And I bet that goes down well. League decider and a glory hunter goes in the ballot for the first time and gets the ticket.

It was a slight issue in the 80's and 90's, but over the past 10yrs or so, it has been the same group of us who have gone to the away games, for the most part, so we all have turns at missing out for fairness.

Not all.

Can only speak for ours, but it has never had a points system in place. Every member who pays their dues is

a ballot really should only take place if more than one are on same points but thats my opinion within the RSCs

Last edited:
Back