Motherwell away

Don’t frame it as a loyalty scheme then and pretend we all button up the back

If it’s about £, they could’ve had separate entry fees into away cccs and hampden games and just had it as ballots. A scheme where they make their £ but then it’s also fair and not rank people in tiers?

Then kept TC separate and had a membership scheme for broxi meet and greets as well as soap discounts

Soap discounts would go down well across the city

Ohh look, still no comment on it.

Celebrations all round when the MyGers Ponzi scheme falls flat on its arse despite it benefitting me individually

Hoping a few shareholders outwith me submit questions about it for the AGM.

Don’t want to get into the politics of Rangers moving the goalposts (they have), but maybe shine a light on why the tiers haven’t been updated or why it makes sense that they haven’t updated them.

Need to go on best estimates as the transparency of the scheme is non existent but at least the emails are getting there.

If we say 30000 members join.
They want top 15% in gold = 4500
Then 35% in silver = 10500
Then 50% in bronze = 15000
This should really be figures they confirm.

If we use that split and then look at the recent registration data, it gives you an idea of the % of each tier that applied for tickets.

60% of gold applied = 2700
47% of silver applied = 4935
10% of bronze applied = 1500

Then the other big secret which should be confirmed by the club, how many tickets do they give to each tier.

Again an estimate to prove the point.
They give 75% of available tickets to Gold.
Then 20% of available tickets to Silver.
Then 5% of available tickets to bronze.

What would that look like in 2 scenarios.

Scenario 1
3000 available tickets.

Gold = 2250 out of 2700 (83% who applied got a ticket)

Silver = 600 out of 5250 (11% who applied got a ticket)

Bronze = 150 out of 1500 (10% who applied got a ticket)

Scenario 2
1000 available tickets.

Gold = 750 out of 2700 (28% who applied got a ticket)

Silver = 200 out of 5250 (4% who applied got a ticket)

Bronze = 50 out of 1500 (3% who applied got a ticket)

I would suggest those numbers in bold are what they are looking at and trying to fix. They will be wanting those numbers closer together as it is heavily weighted in golds favour, maybe too much for their liking.

Two ways to do that - either increase the % in the gold tier, or distribute less tickets to gold and more to silver.

Yes I’m bored.
I’ve went through similar, tremendous post btw.

I’m at the point now of saying let’s see what next season brings, I hope the club aren’t banking on everyone renewing mygers next year.

(which is probably good for all of us)

I’ve went through similar, tremendous post btw.
I genuinely think they could have a “fair” system out of it. Obviously, “fair” is subjective. If the club released the important numbers it would allow us to judge the fairness.

The main thing is deciding what % of tickets available should go to gold, silver and bronze tier. Actually interested on what peoples perspective is on that.

Once you have that and a pool of registration data to see how many actually apply for away games, you can then play around with the tier thresholds and run simulations to find out the % of successful applications in each tier. (This would also allow you to forecast how many games each tier member would likely get over the season). You are then tweaking the simulations until you find something you are happy with e.g. *roughly gold will get 11/19 games, silver will get 5/19 games and bronze will get 2/19 games.

Just need a good data analyst on it and communication to fans with all the BIG numbers and stop hiding it away - it can be successful and fair. But hey ho, I’ll not hold my breath.

It’s quite possible that the total number of tickets allocated to gold goes up in line with the increased numbers now in that tier. If someone in silver finally reaches the promised land and the bar is raised beyond them then that surely would be the end for mygers.

I tend to dip in and out of these mygers rammys, is there many gold tier members missing out on tickets? If so have they missed out on more than one so far?

It’s difficult for the club as every game seems over subscribed, I’m going to see how the season pans out, as a mid ranged silver tier member on CCCS i’m expecting at least 4 aways plus my Hampden tickets, and if not I’ll review whether it’s worth the £40.

It’s quite possible that the total number of tickets allocated to gold goes up in line with the increased numbers now in that tier. If someone in silver finally reaches the promised land and the bar is raised beyond them then that surely would be the end for mygers.

I tend to dip in and out of these mygers rammys, is there many gold tier members missing out on tickets? If so have they missed out on more than one so far?

It’s difficult for the club as every game seems over subscribed, I’m going to see how the season pans out, as a mid ranged silver tier member on CCCS i’m expecting at least 4 aways plus my Hampden tickets, and if not I’ll review whether it’s worth the £40.
Under the old scheme you’d have got three tickets for the season on average. Four if very lucky. As someone in middle of Silver I’d expect you to get roughly the same this season. In fact, given we have reduced allocation at many grounds so far I’d think 2/3 would probably be nearer the mark.

I’ve said this since mygers was created, at some point in time there will be very little to separate those who have had a season ticket and have continued mygers for 6 years.

Each person will be accumulating about 300 points per season at least so the tiers will likely have to be something like Gold 1801-2000+, Silver 1501-1800 and bronze 0-1500.

Edit: if say there is 20-30,000 people still members in the mygers scheme then there will be hefty numbers in gold and silver.

Under the old scheme you’d have got three tickets for the season on average. Four if very lucky. As someone in middle of Silver I’d expect you to get roughly the same this season. In fact, given we have reduced allocation at many grounds so far I’d think 2/3 would probably be nearer the mark.
It's easy to say that this is better than the old system by comparison of how many tickets you get now but you aren't comparing like with like.

The old scheme was a free to enter so plenty did to get tickets for their pals. If there was a fee to do so along the same lines as mygers then it is likely that less would which would likely result in more tickets for all per season.

As @Aww Skew suggested, have separate entry fees for aways, euro and semi/finals set at a level to raise the same money as now and it would likely reduce tickets being passed on as people would probably only join the parts they wanted as the entry price would become a deterrent

Looks like around 800 people have moved up to gold. Ridiculous. And they still haven’t updated thresholds over a week later. So all the silvers that moved to gold will take up nearly the full of golds allocation, again.

Club is a complete joke. They know they mistake they’ve made and still haven’t corrected it.
Normally agree with you on a majority of issues- but on this occasion if the ones in gold have the required points to be in that tier, then that is where they should be - moving tier requirement points required to be in gold to effectively put them back down to silver is nothing short of being a protectionist of the elite position that many have in gold tier feel they are entitled too, no one who has reached the required threshold should be excluded under any circumstances- to do so will bring about “a closed shop” within the gold tier elite who will only be interested in the protection of their own position within the tier at the expense of others

It's easy to say that this is better than the old system by comparison of how many tickets you get now but you aren't comparing like with like.

The old scheme was a free to enter so plenty did to get tickets for their pals. If there was a fee to do so along the same lines as mygers then it is likely that less would which would likely result in more tickets for all per season.

As @Aww Skew suggested, have separate entry fees for aways, euro and semi/finals set at a level to raise the same money as now and it would likely reduce tickets being passed on as people would probably only join the parts they wanted as the entry price would become a deterrent
I didn’t say this is better than the old system mate. Simply highlighting that some, clearly, seem to think Rangers can magic up more tickets out of nowhere because MyGers has come in. Plenty posts saying ‘I’m Silver and haven’t had one yet’, for example. In truth, its not unexpected that many in Silver won’t have had one yet so the ‘outrage’ on that score is misplaced IMHO.

Folk taking tickets and moving them on will never be stopped. I know my mate @Aww Skew has talked of top-end Gold shifting tickets for Brondby Away. I don’t doubt it but I’d be surprised if the numbers are significant. These guys are Gold for a reason - and that’s because they go to see Rangers.

Another issue is that we now don’t get two big allocations per season at Parkhead and Rugby Park,that takes a large amount of available away tickets away from what can be allocated over a season.

I didn’t say this is better than the old system mate. Simply highlighting that some, clearly, seem to think Rangers can magic up more tickets out of nowhere because MyGers has come in. Plenty posts saying ‘I’m Silver and haven’t had one yet’, for example. In truth, its not unexpected that many in Silver won’t have had one yet so the ‘outrage’ on that score is misplaced IMHO.

Folk taking tickets and moving them on will never be stopped. I know my mate @Aww Skew has talked of top-end Gold shifting tickets for Brondby Away. I don’t doubt it but I’d be surprised if the numbers are significant. These guys are Gold for a reason - and that’s because they go to see Rangers.
Does this also apply to those who have recently crossed the points threshold into gold tier?
It seems those who are already at the top end of gold want the gold tier door closed to “newbies” by moving the threshold for entry to gold in an attempt to protect their own position within the tier.
To quote your good self- guys are in gold tier for a reason - and that’s because they go and see the Rangers

Does this also apply to those who have recently crossed the points threshold into gold tier?
It seems those who are already at the top end of gold want the gold tier door closed to “newbies” by moving the threshold for entry to gold in an attempt to protect their own position within the tier.
To quote your good self- guys are in gold tier for a reason - and that’s because they go and see the Rangers
The club has stated how its meant to work and its not working like that. Anything else like your comments above as the manager would say, is just noise.

This argument is thrown up a lot but in a fair amount of cases it's because they ticked the boxes for cccs. That will change as those years drop of but now they can protect it by euro aways at 15 points a time with no need to go.

I would hazard a guess that the number of games I've been to via rangers would match some in gold given they were getting 100 points for half a dozen tickets per season or there abouts. It's my fault for not ticking the boxes and passing the tickets on and I'm in Silver. Fortunately I only joined for euro aways and have tickets for Brondby and lyon already so don't need mygers and will be saving £40 next season.

By the looks of it the points don't reset to zero if you don't join so I can give it 3 or more years by which time I will be nearer the top and join again.

I think i‘m going to end up worse off the way it’s looking - silver bordering gold and not had a thing yet.

You obviously didn’t have any understanding of how MyGers was meant to work then
I was at one of the initial meetings and the point was people should move throughout the season.

I’ve applied for this match but I know I won’t get

I think i‘m going to end up worse off the way it’s looking - silver bordering gold and not had a thing yet.
We are four Away games in mate, discounting Dundee United - and just three if you discount the Ross County fastest finger lottery. Given that ‘normal’ would be 3 over a season - and there’s been games we couldn’t get into this term and reduced allocations as well - it’s hardly a surprise. You’ve made a big leap there to suggesting you will be worse off given that small sample size. That’s exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post.

The club has stated how its meant to work and its not working like that. Anything else like your comments above as the manager would say, is just noise.
The numbers suggested by those more informed than me - was gold tier would be 10% of MyGers - we have a reported 30,000 MyGers members.

Recent match registration for “AWAY GAMES” at St Johnstone and Dundee from those in gold tier suggested that the gold tier was under represented for the 10% (3.000) that was attributed to the numbers in gold tier - and some notable posters on here revised their opinion that the gold tier numbers would be nearer 2,000.
After recent points total revision the 10% gold tier members seems to be more realistic after the update- but still some at the top want the threshold reviewed to the detriment of those who have now crossed into gold tier, despite the numbers suggesting that the 10% of total members within the tier is still within the target number for the tier

You usually got 4 or 5 not 3.

Most were on 3 the last season of CCCS when the season was curtailed.

The Livingston registrations will be interesting in this mygers debate. I want a ticket and I think all that apply will get, but if I apply and get, it will rule me out of Hibs game.

The Livingston registrations will be interesting in this mygers debate. I want a ticket and I think all that apply will get, but if I apply and get, it will rule me out of Hibs game.
Easy to say all that apply will get one for Livingston that won't the case if the amount is more than the allocation set aside for MyGers

7400 based on what Celtic got

Say 5000? set aside but 7-8000 apply

To answer the 2nd part you should still be apply for Hibs even if get one before that just you meet the criteria

I was at one of the initial meetings and the point was people should move throughout the season.

I’ve applied for this match but I know I won’t get
People should move if there’s a significant amount of games where points are accrued - I.e if 3 euro group games fell in a 12 week quarter, someone could get 45 points which would be a significant rise that not everyone would’ve had

There’s a situation whereby people have moved tiers after getting the same attendance points for home games as everyone else. So yeah they’ve earned more points, but so has everyone above them and everyone that has a ST below them

It was explained that, yes, people can move between tiers at review windows but it was also in-line with having % of overall members in each tier. This hasn’t happened as it was meant to and now gold has approx 30% more members - that wasn’t how it was meant to work

I honestly don’t believe the club fully envisaged how this was going to work in practice; them changing the buying method after 1 domestic away game and them changing the goalposts after the first 12-week review indicates this

My recollection is 3 or maximum 4 since Gerrard arrived. Don't think its been 5 since we returned to the top flight in all honesty.
Not through the ballot it hasn’t but there was a few games any member could go and buy one as additional allocation came available days before the match - St Johnstone/Livi.

Then the Killie Scottish cup game 0-0 if memory serves me right was a free for all but unsurprisingly you could get tickets no problem.

Not through the ballot it hasn’t but there was a few games any member could go and buy one as additional allocation came available days before the match - St Johnstone/Livi.

Then the Killie Scottish cup game 0-0 if memory serves me right was a free for all but unsurprisingly you could get tickets no problem.
I’ve just checked my purchase history. I had 5 for each of the first two seasons were back in the SPL.

Gerrard’s first season I am actually showing 7 transactions. Two of which were additional games. One at Killie and one at Livingston when more became available for some reason. Those two were ‘freebies’.

I’ve just checked my purchase history. I had 5 for each of the first two seasons were back in the SPL.

Gerrard’s first season I am actually showing 7 transactions. Two of which were additional games. One at Killie and one at Livingston when more became available for some reason. Those two were ‘freebies’.
I checked mine, looks as if I got 5 for 18/19 but 1 was the extra Killie game in the cup

I was only on 4 for the 19/20 season but obviously Covid cut it short. Unsure how many away games were left but 1 of them was extra St Johnstone ticket

For 16/17 and 17/18 I believe I definitely had 5+ but we had 2 8,000 allocations at Parkhead and an extra stand at Killie

The lack of CCCS tickets was due to an increase of members whilst we lost 14,000 tickets at parkhead and circa 7,000 for the extra stand at Killie (if they finished top 6)

Normally agree with you on a majority of issues- but on this occasion if the ones in gold have the required points to be in that tier, then that is where they should be - moving tier requirement points required to be in gold to effectively put them back down to silver is nothing short of being a protectionist of the elite position that many have in gold tier feel they are entitled too, no one who has reached the required threshold should be excluded under any circumstances- to do so will bring about “a closed shop” within the gold tier elite who will only be interested in the protection of their own position within the tier at the expense of others
You are not allowed to move between tiers before thresholds have been updated. Thresholds have not been updated. But yet people (nearly a thousand) have. Not only that, but they will almost certainly all be allocated Motherwell tickets, like they were for St Mirren. That’s not fair.

I really wish people would stop banging on about a closed shop. It’s utter nonsense and just an excuse for peoples failure to not do what was required to initially be in gold. OVER 400 points were available to every single MyGers member last season. Over 400! If people don’t want to commit then stop moaning. If you go to matches and you buy the add-ons, in a maximum of 3 years time you will be gold. That’s not a closed shop.

People want things now that others have had to build over the last 5 years.

Gold should not be punished for Rangers incompetence.

The main thing is deciding what % of tickets available should go to gold, silver and bronze tier. Actually interested on what peoples perspective is on that.

Once you have that and a pool of registration data to see how many actually apply for away games, you can then play around with the tier thresholds and run simulations to find out the % of successful applications in each tier. (This would also allow you to forecast how many games each tier member would likely get over the season). You are then tweaking the simulations until you find something you are happy with e.g. *roughly gold will get 11/19 games, silver will get 5/19 games and bronze will get 2/19 games.

Just need a good data analyst on it and communication to fans with all the BIG numbers and stop hiding it away - it can be successful and fair. But hey ho, I’ll not hold my breath.
Top down stops all these arguments. Everyone knows exactly where they stand. Don’t offer any points for away tickets. Tell everyone the current format will stay in place with no points for away tickets for the next 3 seasons and then it’s completely top down.

Everyone starts from now. Everyone knows the rules. Everyone has the same opportunity of acquiring points.

For Euro aways - ticket collection over there. For those unsuccessful, show up at ticket collection point, show your ID, and you will also be allocated points.

This stuff ain’t complicated. You’ll never please everyone as these threads clearly show. But have rules and stick to them. Is that really asking that much?

As things stand with this threshold stuff, around 1000 people have moved up to gold before update, that’s an increase of 50%. That’s utter madness.

Last edited:
As things stand with this threshold stuff, around 1000 people have moved up to gold before update, that’s an increase of 50%. That’s utter madness.
But it was ok to overload silver in July by thousands coming in from bronze? My daughter who was bronze had around 900 points in July and was put in silver, I was in silver with 1480 points. That is one hell of a gap from top to bottom of silver.

was that before the ccs jumped up to 9k
It was around that figure for Pedros season was it not? I’m sure it jumped up to 14k in Gerrard first season then the 19/20 season it was 16k+

Pedros season had two 8,000 allocations at Parkhead and an extra 7,000 at Killie (Moffat stand for both games)

I understand Killie only cut to one stand at the end of 18/19 but that meant we only got 2 stands for 1 league game that season

But it was ok to overload silver in July by thousands coming in from bronze? My daughter who was bronze had around 900 points in July and was put in silver, I was in silver with 1480 points. That is one hell of a gap from top to bottom of silver.
All of the tiers are too wide but the reason gold was “exclusive” to an extent was to encourage people to be spending all sorts of £ on stuff to try and climb into gold. What the club clearly haven’t considered is gold will keep up buying habits so they’ve not shat it and realised there won’t be enough movement between tiers

I do believe Silver is far too big, I’d be inclined to do the following if they’re keeping tiers;

New exclusive tier for top 500
Gold - have around 3000 in this and keep new silvers in it
Silver is then cut down and chances of tickets improve with a slightly smaller allocation

That means exclusive tier will still get 8/9 a season. Golds will get approx 5/6 a season and the silvers that moved up have a much better chance at tickets. Silver less populated and it means people mid/lower silvers are recognised for their proper position

Ultimately though I’d prefer an add on fee so people can only apply for aways/hampden if they pay extra

Ultimately though I’d prefer an add on fee so people can only apply for aways/hampden if they pay extra
Agree with this totally, mygers might have had good intentions at the thought stage, but was rushed out for last season during a pandemic with minimal consultation for purely money making opportunities. So now you have a total mess as the reality of poor planning is played out.

All of the tiers are too wide but the reason gold was “exclusive” to an extent was to encourage people to be spending all sorts of £ on stuff to try and climb into gold. What the club clearly haven’t considered is gold will keep up buying habits so they’ve not shat it and realised there won’t be enough movement between tiers

I do believe Silver is far too big, I’d be inclined to do the following if they’re keeping tiers;

New exclusive tier for top 500
Gold - have around 3000 in this and keep new silvers in it
Silver is then cut down and chances of tickets improve with a slightly smaller allocation

That means exclusive tier will still get 8/9 a season. Golds will get approx 5/6 a season and the silvers that moved up have a much better chance at tickets. Silver less populated and it means people mid/lower silvers are recognised for their proper position

Exclusive tier :))

Top down stops all these arguments. Everyone knows exactly where they stand. Don’t offer any points for away tickets. Tell everyone the current format will stay in place with no points for away tickets for the next 3 seasons and then it’s completely top down.

Everyone starts from now. Everyone knows the rules. Everyone has the same opportunity of acquiring points.

For Euro aways - ticket collection over there. For those unsuccessful, show up at ticket collection point, show your ID, and you will also be allocated points.

This stuff ain’t complicated. You’ll never please everyone as these threads clearly show. But have rules and stick to them. Is that really asking that much?

Top down won't work as we have already seen that those who get the tickets will pass them on to their pals. What happens in your plan if everyone in gold also buys the extras? You either have a situation where only those at the top can ever be there or everyone ends up there that has a season ticket.

Do you really think that rangers want to be seen to encourage people to travel ticketless to European games?

The most viable option is to keep each system separate and have the entry fee at a level to put people off registering to pass on tickets. That way it becomes more realistic to award points for no tickets for euro aways just like the TC

You are not allowed to move between tiers before thresholds have been updated. Thresholds have not been updated. But yet people (nearly a thousand) have. Not only that, but they will almost certainly all be allocated Motherwell tickets, like they were for St Mirren. That’s not fair.

I really wish people would stop banging on about a closed shop. It’s utter nonsense and just an excuse for peoples failure to not do what was required to initially be in gold. OVER 400 points were available to every single MyGers member last season. Over 400! If people don’t want to commit then stop moaning. If you go to matches and you buy the add-ons, in a maximum of 3 years time you will be gold. That’s not a closed shop.

People want things now that others have had to build over the last 5 years.

Gold should not be punished for Rangers incompetence.
You are contradicting yourself by stating if you go to matches- buy the add ons and in 3 years you will be in gold - those who have accumulated the required points over the past 3 years are now in gold after the 12 weeks points update which is in the rules- but you want to penalise those who have reached and bypassed the threshold requirements for going to games and buying add ons - by moving the threshold to keep them out of gold tier once they have accumulated the required points

Agree with this totally, mygers might have had good intentions at the thought stage, but was rushed out for last season during a pandemic with minimal consultation for purely money making opportunities. So now you have a total mess as the reality of poor planning is played out.
If only the club had listened to feedback. We had the perfect opportunity to do trial simulations during Covid to see how the IT system could cope etc

I have no doubts there’s more club officials than just the SLO that monitor this site. There was numerous posters highlighting flaws, offering alternative solutions etc and no one seemed to care until the Ross County debacle

Now it’s evident the club are being heavily criticised regarding tiers and they’ve moved goalposts at the first 12 week review

Honestly it makes perfect sense:
- keep mygers for family days, discounts, meet and greets, experiences etc
- have entry fees for each separate ticketing scheme. So you need to pay for TC, away games and hampden all separately. £ to enter each scheme

Win/win for the club and fans - they earn more money and the ticketing streams are less populated as people will only pay £ for the tickets they’re interested in

You are contradicting yourself by stating if you go to matches- buy the add ons and in 3 years you will be in gold - those who have accumulated the required points over the past 3 years are now in gold after the 12 weeks points update which is in the rules- but you want to penalise those who have reached and bypassed the threshold requirements for going to games and buying add ons - by moving the threshold to keep them out of gold tier once they have accumulated the required points
I’d agree with you if it wasn’t going against the guidelines that were explained to fans of how mygers would work

Mygers was never designed to have an infinite amount of members in the gold tier that’s why the thresholds are set to keep set % of overall members in each tier

I’d argue that the gap of over 300 points in gold in greater.

I think many people are missing the argument - people have been allowed to move between tiers when thresholds have not been updated.

Back