Motherwell away

Top down won't work as we have already seen that those who get the tickets will pass them on to their pals. What happens in your plan if everyone in gold also buys the extras? You either have a situation where only those at the top can ever be there or everyone ends up there that has a season ticket.

Do you really think that rangers want to be seen to encourage people to travel ticketless to European games?

The most viable option is to keep each system separate and have the entry fee at a level to put people off registering to pass on tickets. That way it becomes more realistic to award points for no tickets for euro aways just like the TC
But the passing on of tickets happened with first come and is happening with ballots.

You are contradicting yourself by stating if you go to matches- buy the add ons and in 3 years you will be in gold - those who have accumulated the required points over the past 3 years are now in gold after the 12 weeks points update which is in the rules- but you want to penalise those who have reached and bypassed the threshold requirements for going to games and buying add ons - by moving the threshold to keep them out of gold tier once they have accumulated the required points
No I am not. I am saying the thresholds have not been updated, and as per terms and conditions, they should not be allowed to move.

But the passing on of tickets happened with first come and is happening with ballots.
Exactly to use a word I hear often :)). That is why your suggestion will always fail. Would the same happen happen though if you had to pay £40 to enter each ticket stream? How many would pay that to pass tickets to their mates if they didn't want the tickets and they had no effect on the other ticket streams? Some may but I doubt that most would that do it now especially euro aways.

It could be lower for semi/final as there are more tickets and there could be an entry level membership similar to that suggested by @Aww Skew . Can that be any worse than what we have now?

Exactly to use a word I hear often :)). That is why your suggestion will always fail. Would the same happen happen though if you had to pay £40 to enter each ticket stream? How many would pay that to pass tickets to their mates if they didn't want the tickets and they had no effect on the other ticket streams? Some may but I doubt that most would that do it now especially euro aways.

It could be lower for semi/final as there are more tickets and there could be an entry level membership similar to that suggested by @Aww Skew . Can that be any worse than what we have now?
My suggestion would be:

Hampden - £10 add on (reflects the number of tickets and it reflects you need to be on home cccs to be able to tick box)

TC games - £20 add on (old price and old scheme used to have around 4,000 on it I believe. Would people pay £20 as a donation and pick and choose games? Possibly. However it would mean people have to pay it for the potential of glamour matches)

I’d prefer TC annexed as I’ve said countless times but it’s a fair alternative

Away games - £40 add on (would people pay that to then pass tickets on? Possibly but I’d be confident the numbers would decrease) . Genuine travellers wouldn’t mind paying this if it resulted in ghost members who play the scheme dropping out. Would individuals who get pals to sign up pay £40 x5/6/7 to get their family/friends to sign up on their behalf? Doubt it

I’d argue that the gap of over 300 points in gold in greater.

I think many people are missing the argument - people have been allowed to move between tiers when thresholds have not been updated.
Intentionally missing the argument and then going missing once it’s pointed out.

No ones saying people can’t get into gold but they can only do so if they surpass existing gold members as the % in each tier is capped to an extent. The SLO has confirmed this recently on here

MyGers isn’t designed to let an infinite amount of members into gold, that’s not how it was meant to work

What makes it worse is people have moved up into gold because they’ve gained 25 points for home league matches. Every ST above them will have got the same 25 points so obviously the threshold was going to change.

If a silver on cusp gained, say, 60 points and were only 10 behind someone in gold before the update, and that gold only gained 25 points, the silver member would move to gold and the gold member would be relegated to silver. It’s not difficult to understand

I’d agree with you if it wasn’t going against the guidelines that were explained to fans of how mygers would work

Mygers was never designed to have an infinite amount of members in the gold tier that’s why the thresholds are set to keep set % of overall members in each tier
MyGers gold tier was to be restricted to 10% of total MyGers members.
The away registration for St Johnstone and Dundee suggested that the gold tier was undersubscribed and below the 10% - with some posters saying the gold tier had around 2,000 members based on registration numbers- well below the 10% of the reported 30,000 total members- after the recent points update this anomaly seems to have been addressed - so it could be argued that the gold tier is now exactly where it is in terms of numbers with 10% of total MyGers members in this tier that was indicated in the communications on the structure of the MyGers scheme .
it seems that those at the top of gold tier still want those who should have been included in gold tier in July but were left out and were excluded by miscalculation of points total required for the tier after setting the threshold for gold.
The numbers registering for St Mirren tickets now suggest that the gold tier has got 10% of MyGers members in the tier.
Which is what was the total percentage forecast for the tier - you can argue about the set up and running of the MyGers scheme has been shambolic but surely you must support the measures taken to address anomalies in the scheme same way as they addressed the fastest finger first - perhaps they spotted an anomaly in numbers in a particular tier or tiers and addressed the issue

So people want fans to pay an extra £80-£120 on top of their ST, just for the pleasure of wanting to watch Rangers away from Ibrox?

So much for the working mans game
Better than paying £150 for an Edminston house project that gets you 50 mygers points and keeps you in the same tier

Or people spending hundreds on programmes for 20 points over a season to try and get up a tier

People would only pay for ticketing streams they were interested in, so less people would pay and more tickets for genuine travellers. It’s a win/win for everyone

MyGers gold tier was to be restricted to 10% of total MyGers members.
The away registration for St Johnstone and Dundee suggested that the gold tier was undersubscribed and below the 10% - with some posters saying the gold tier had around 2,000 members based on registration numbers- well below the 10% of the reported 30,000 total members- after the recent points update this anomaly seems to have been addressed - so it could be argued that the gold tier is now exactly where it is in terms of numbers with 10% of total MyGers members in this tier that was indicated in the communications on the structure of the MyGers scheme .
it seems that those at the top of gold tier still want those who should have been included in gold tier in July but were left out and were excluded by miscalculation of points total required for the tier after setting the threshold for gold.
The numbers registering for St Mirren tickets now suggest that the gold tier has got 10% of MyGers members in the tier.
Which is what was the total percentage forecast for the tier - you can argue about the set up and running of the MyGers scheme has been shambolic but surely you must support the measures taken to address anomalies in the scheme same way as they addressed the fastest finger first - perhaps they spotted an anomaly in numbers in a particular tier or tiers and addressed the issue

No, it’s hard to support them changing the goalposts without any explanation and hoping people haven’t noticed

If they provide a rationale as to why it’s happening then it’ll allow members to make an informed decision going forward. We’re talking about something that generates over £1m per year and then hundreds of thousands more with associated add ons

My position has been clear throughout in terms of me being against mygers but I’m following it based on how the club have said it should work. If it’s changing, communicate with us an explain why; if it’s not changing, explain to us why an error has occurred

I’m one of the fortunate ones that’s least inconvenienced by this Ponzi scheme, yet I appear to be the most outspoken

Better than paying £150 for an Edminston house project that gets you 50 mygers points and keeps you in the same tier

Or people spending hundreds on programmes for 20 points over a season to try and get up a tier

People would only pay for ticketing streams they were interested in, so less people would pay and more tickets for genuine travellers. It’s a win/win for everyone
Or better than spending £40 for nothing like I did. Plus you only buy the parts you want.

For what it’s worth, I think Mygers is an absolute sham. It’s not a loyalty scheme, it’s simply a money making/extortion scheme

However, I would say asking people to pay double or treble the current amount is even more laughable. What about the guys who take their kids, I know of 2 off the top of my head who take both boys to the football, have they to stump up an extra £3/400 / season? Or have they boys just to be ditched and watch the football in the house?

For what it’s worth, I think Mygers is an absolute sham. It’s not a loyalty scheme, it’s simply a money making/extortion scheme

However, I would say asking people to pay double or treble the current amount is even more laughable. What about the guys who take their kids, I know of 2 off the top of my head who take both boys to the football, have they to stump up an extra £3/400 / season? Or have they boys just to be ditched and watch the football in the house?
Kids pay less do they not?

But the principle stands, there’s people who have friends/family still applying for tickets they have no intention of using to pass onto their pals. There’s RSCs telling all bus members to apply whether they intend to go to games or not to help the bus

The only way it’ll be stopped is if people need to pay extra for the privilege. If we all pay extra £ and it doesn’t resolve anything, then the club can remove the charge the following year. Something has to be done about it and unfortunately I think £ is the only deterrent

And as for working class, not all regular away/euro travellers are loaded with £.

No I am not. I am saying the thresholds have not been updated, and as per terms and conditions, they should not be allowed to move.
What if the threshold was set too high in July that it excluded around 800 members-that should have been in the overall 10% of gold tier members - have they to be penalised for a miscalculation of the points threshold to be included - as I have previously said I believe that gold tier was undersubscribed and well below the 10% of total membership since July- given match registration figures for St Johnstone and Dundee.
St Mirren registration figures suggest that this undersubscription has be addressed.

What if the threshold was set too high in July that it excluded around 800 members-that should have been in the overall 10% of gold tier members - have they to be penalised for a miscalculation of the points threshold to be included - as I have previously said I believe that gold tier was undersubscribed and well below the 10% of total membership since July- given match registration figures for St Johnstone and Dundee.
St Mirren registration figures suggest that this undersubscription has be addressed.

Then the club explain this to mygers members and we get on with things.

But there’ll be questions that follow such a communications and the club need to be willing to engage with fans

I am in silver and have applied - Fir Park is only 5 mins away from my house so was always only there and Hamilton I would look to go to away games (when they were still up)

Will see how I get on but not holding out much hope.

No, it’s hard to support them changing the goalposts without any explanation and hoping people haven’t noticed

If they provide a rationale as to why it’s happening then it’ll allow members to make an informed decision going forward. We’re talking about something that generates over £1m per year and then hundreds of thousands more with associated add ons

My position has been clear throughout in terms of me being against mygers but I’m following it based on how the club have said it should work. If it’s changing, communicate with us an explain why; if it’s not changing, explain to us why an error has occurred

I’m one of the fortunate ones that’s least inconvenienced by this Ponzi scheme, yet I appear to be the most outspoken
I actually agree with you on how the scheme is run- no communication, day to day changes to rules ect.
But when anomalies occur they change the agreed rules structure to address the situation.
They fecked up the friendlies by not including those who had actually signed up for all home friendlies.
They found fastest finger first for away tickets was a shambles.

They oversubscribed silver tier
And possibly undersubscribed gold tier.

They made points update and moved members to different tiers.

But worst of all they have not communicated why they made the changes.

Agree 100% the lack of communication is causing more havoc than it needs to
The lack of communication is what’s causing most of the issues tbh - the point blank refusal to answer basic questions is appalling

I have a number of questions I’d like answered but I believe the information is important to all members, not just me; that’s why I continue my crusade against MyGers on here, in the hope we’ll get answers in black and white that everyone will be able to see

I think we all know that there’s zero communication because they club know if they provide answers to my questions, it will result in membership numbers decreasing. But their inability to answer question is deception in my eyes, they’re intentional being obtuse and withholding information that members have a right to know

Last edited by a moderator:
The lack of communication problem is one that will probably never be resolved as the people asking the questions probably only equate to a small %age of members, and the club know that they will renew regardless at the beginning of every season, so they don’t particularly care. They will know there are about maybe about 15k who will renew every year no matter how much bad feeling they have for the scheme, myself included

As long as the Mygers pack waving fans keep ploughing their money in, that’s all they are bothered about. Once they become disillusioned then they club will take note

Would be good if the club in their update email before a registration opens added in the numbers offered tickets within the tiers.

i.e.

2600 gold registered - 2200 offered
4900 silver registration 1600 offered
1400 bronze registered - 300 offered

5100 mygers allocation

More info would let people know what they are dealing with. That said maybe that’s what they don’t want.

Would be good if the club in their update email before a registration opens added in the numbers offered tickets within the tiers.

i.e.

2600 gold registered - 2200 offered
4900 silver registration 1600 offered
1400 bronze registered - 300 offered

5100 mygers allocation

More info would let people know what they are dealing with. That said maybe that’s what they don’t want.
I’d actually pay money if they could release more detailed info like that

- How many members is there overall in mygers
- How many mygers members are ST holders
- How many mygers members is there in each tier
- How many members applied for tickets in each tier/how many were successful
- Confirmation what the set % of overall members is for each tier
- Full breakdown of an allocation - I.e how many go to club use, RSCs and mygers

They could have another share donation if they provided that information publicly. I’d genuinely pay a lot of money for those questions to be answered for everyone to read

Non facts hahaha. You been sleeping last 21 months pal? :D

Here’s a fact for you, people were sent registration emails for st Mirren and it said they were in silver tier. They applied and then got an email saying they were successful but they were now in gold tier. There wasn’t a 30% increase in applications across the board, you’re talking nonsense

You clearly have no idea what you’re on about, it’s painful.

There has been over a 35% increase in registrations from St Johnstone to St Mirren, across the board.

Gold registrations have increased 56%
silver 25%
bronze 38%

Is the huge increase in Gold due to members moving up tiers ?

My suggestion would be:

Hampden - £10 add on (reflects the number of tickets and it reflects you need to be on home cccs to be able to tick box)

TC games - £20 add on (old price and old scheme used to have around 4,000 on it I believe. Would people pay £20 as a donation and pick and choose games? Possibly. However it would mean people have to pay it for the potential of glamour matches)

I’d prefer TC annexed as I’ve said countless times but it’s a fair alternative

Away games - £40 add on (would people pay that to then pass tickets on? Possibly but I’d be confident the numbers would decrease) . Genuine travellers wouldn’t mind paying this if it resulted in ghost members who play the scheme dropping out. Would individuals who get pals to sign up pay £40 x5/6/7 to get their family/friends to sign up on their behalf? Doubt it
So I need to pay £70 on top of mygers just to get a chance of a ticket? So £600 ticket, £40 mygers and now this?

I’m very much a genuine traveller but that would price me out.

Mate, Much are the tickets and when is the payment date?
Tickets are priced at £30 for Adults, £21 for Concessions and £3 for Juveniles. Payment will be taken from Wednesday 20th October.

All tickets for this fixture will be posted either by 1st class post or by using self-addressed, postage paid envelopes if you have supplied these for your RSC. Tickets will be posted from Friday 22nd October.

So I need to pay £70 on top of mygers just to get a chance of a ticket? So £600 ticket, £40 mygers and now this?

The mygers £40 was essentially the ST increase that was rebranded as a loyalty scheme

You were in travel club so would’ve paid the £20 to rejoin that. In real terms it’s an extra £50 to guarantee you more tickets - I think it’s a price worth paying

I’m also not made of £ but I’d rather pay £50 extra to give me chance at more tickets than pay £40 and be lucky to get 2 all season

It should be a greater chance of a ticket though as it becomes more likely that less will apply for the sections they don't want. The alternative is to do nothing and the tiers increase and reduce the chances of people like myself who get nothing out of it and chuck it which will make the club take notice.

It's obvious they want to put in the minimum effort for maximum return.

Who says 10% of members need to be in gold? The SLO has said last week the thresholds have not been updated yet.

The mygers £40 was essentially the ST increase that was rebranded as a loyalty scheme

You were in travel club so would’ve paid the £20 to rejoin that. In real terms it’s an extra £50 to guarantee you more tickets - I think it’s a price worth paying

I’m also not made of £ but I’d rather pay £50 extra to give me chance at more tickets than pay £40 and be lucky to get 2 all season
If ye really want to go then ye would pay it. Its as simple as that. Spend more on booze on a match day than that

My Gers is an absolute con and I’ll think hard before renewing it next year! 4 of us 3 silver one bronze and not an away ticket between us this year.

It’s a money making scheme and a shambles

My Gers is an absolute con and I’ll think hard before renewing it next year! 4 of us 3 silver one bronze and not an away ticket between us this year.

It’s a money making scheme and a shambles
It’ll definitely change next year because if it doesn’t, membership numbers will fall

Wouldn’t be surprised if they done away with points for domestic aways and make it like the old cccs that it’s just random.

There’s no way on this earth 30,000 are renewing next year, not a chance. Nor is there any chance that people will keep buying the additional nonsense as there’s 0 point unless on the cusp of the next tier

It’ll definitely change next year because if it doesn’t, membership numbers will fall

Wouldn’t be surprised if they done away with points for domestic aways and make it like the old cccs that it’s just random.

There’s no way on this earth 30,000 are renewing next year, not a chance. Nor is there any chance that people will keep buying the additional nonsense as there’s 0 point unless on the cusp of the next tier
Or for top down for Europe depending on where you are just now

Strongly considering not registering an interest for Livi away as it will give me better odds of getting a ticket for Hearts or Hibs in the following ballots, and it will be easy enough to source a Livi ticket elsewhere.

The system should not be able to be rigged in this way. It's clearly massively flawed.

Back