Motherwell- dirtiest team I've seen in my life

Hardly the dirtiest but yes they were cloggers. We've faced cloggers in the past and found a way to win. It's called showing fight!
Something this team lacks in abundance!

they were like it in the first match to start the season too, just the referee was a bit more aware and it cost them with the penalty on the 2nd goal

They are a disgrace, and the referee has his share of the blame for allowing Bowman and their centre half to stay on the park.

However, for me, no excuses from Rangers. We have a £2.3m, Mexican international CAM, a £1m CAM whose played in England at the highest level, and a Euro 2016 winner. The Rangers should be able to beat any band of hatchet men, and the buck stops at us.

You've not been paying attention then. We've played far worse teams than them and still won comfortably and sometimes even embarrassed them.

This team is weak as p*ss

They are the most physical side I’ve seen in a while. Interestingly, McInness said similar after they lost 3-0 to them. He changed his team and beat them 1-0 a few days later.

Sorry they might have been knuckle thumpers, but are we there to lie down to them, it’s true we have far to many Foreigners in our team that haven’t a clue about Rangers, and yes that includes our Manager!

You've not been paying attention then. We've played far worse teams than them and still won comfortably and sometimes even embarrassed them.

This team is weak as p*ss

I’m struggling to remember a game in my lifetime where an opposition player broke one of our guys nose, and didn’t even get a foul.

There’s having fight, but when you have players carrying out common assault with impunity, knowing the same rules wouldn’t apply to us, then it goes a bit further than simply having more dig to the side.

They are a physical team and got away with a few bad challenges and I just hope they are allowed to carry that into the final now.
What annoys me is our lack of physicality to be honest. We never seen win a 50/50 any more and are brushed aside in shoulder tackles by most team in the league. The manager said at the start of the season he was going to bring in warriors to stand up to the physical battles but he has failed to do that.

I’m struggling to remember a game in my lifetime where an opposition player broke one of our guys nose, and didn’t even get a foul.

There’s having fight, but when you have players carrying out common assault with impunity, knowing the same rules wouldn’t apply to us, then it goes a bit further than simply having more dig to the side.
Come on mate, the 90s were bad enough. I can't imagine the 80s and 70s. Even in the last decade we played against Ross Tokeleys and Darren Dods etc

We used to celebrate the battling qualities of our side. Aye it was a red card but we should be matching them elsewhere on the park.

How long until Pena gets fit the man looks like he's came from another planet not another country he is soooowww slooooww it's frustrating to watch.
Motherwell went out to bully and kick elbow shove and fight for every ball we couldn't compete after missing the chances we had and then they scored, they got more energy from that and we looked beaten before the second went in, the dig and will to fight to beat Motherwell just wasn't there , the ref allowed Bowmans second assault to go totally unpunished our players then knew we had no chance.

Come on mate, the 90s were bad enough. I can't imagine the 80s and 70s. Even in the last decade we played against Ross Tokeleys and Darren Dods etc

We used to celebrate the battling qualities of our side. Aye it was a red card but we should be matching them elsewhere on the park.

I’m 30, so I don’t remember the 70s and 80s. But I can’t remember a performance like that from the opposition. I also believe if Morelos has broken their defenders nose, he’d have been sent off without doubt.

If you have one hand tied behind your back, then all the fight in the world can only get you so far.

Hardly the dirtiest but yes they were cloggers. We've faced cloggers in the past and found a way to win. It's called showing fight!
Something this team lacks in abundance!

100%

Teams know we're soft, we've nobody to stand up or look after team mates.

I’m 30, so I don’t remember the 70s and 80s. But I can’t remember a performance like that from the opposition. I also believe if Morelos has broken their defenders nose, he’d have been sent off without doubt.
Possibly. Still don't think its the dirtiest team I've ever seen.

St Johnstone in the 00s were far worse than this and we still managed to routinely beat them.

Motherwell have always been the same and I've watched Scottish football since 1974.

Yes the referee was horrendous today one of the most clueless I've ever seen, BUT PROPER Rangers sides can adapt and stand up .

Sadly once this team loses the first goal, that's the game over. It's not good enough.

We're soft, that's part of our underlying problem.

It's something you're told as far back as you can remember being a young boy, if someone hit you hit them back.
Our team were bullied and allowed themselves to be hit too often, Motherwell knew nothing was coming back and exploited our softness.

I don't agree when people say we were bullied.

We stand up to aggressive and physical teams very well IMO but that today from Motherwell was way over the top.

The referee failed in his duty to protect our players and if we had given them the same back, we'd have ended with 7 men.

Without reading the replies, I really don't care how dirty they were (and yes I know they were dirty bassas). Far too convenient an excuse for some. Our football should have won us that game. We have better players, bigger budget. We take our chances we win.

Instead we do the usual, create plenty, score none. Keeper has a nightmare. We get bullied all over the park. Opposition score with more or less there only 2 chances in the game. Deja vu once again.

They kicked us off the park first half and we didn't have the hard men to deal with it... We need to wise up - and quick!

I don't agree when people say we were bullied.

We stand up to aggressive and physical teams very well IMO but that today from Motherwell was way over the top.

The referee failed in his duty to protect our players and if we had given them the same back, we'd have ended with 7 men.

Correct and the more they got away with, the more our players went into hiding.

Dorrans, Jack, Windass, Pena all nonexistent in the physical battle.

We got spanked today by a physical team. We need to man up at times.

While that's not untrue, is it not the referees job to enforce the laws of the game, particularly protecting players from hammer throwing cloggers?

Allowing them almost free reign to kick and elbow anything above ground level, affected our style of play much more than theirs. That is their style of play.

He is apparently a Rangers man. It has now got to the stage where that is not good for us. He did such a fantastic job of hiding it.

Correct and the more they got away with, the more our players went into hiding.

Dorrans, Jack, Windass, Pena all nonexistent in the physical battle.

They should not be getting away with it, though. I have to agree wee lack players who can do a bit of clogging.

No chance they will finish 11 men against the filth. Brendan will ensure that.

The more out players got kicked about the more they all chucked it.

How moult remained on the pitch after kicking alves on the ground I cannot understand that. As bad as beatons performance against his but there is a pattern there. Our team doesnt handle physical duals too well

That was because, back then Refs. did their job fair and balanced.
No, it's because we outplayed or outfought them. Or both.

The referee never chipped the keeper or tackled our players. For a team of so called hammer throwers they seem to have retained possession far better than us.

Kicked and elbowed off the park by a bunch of thugs bereft of any skill or talent. They had one excellent footballer in their team and he won them the game. Take him away and they are nothing but a rugby team, having said that we should be able to handle that.

Russell Anderson broke Jonatan Johansson's ankle with a shocking challenge in the penalty box at Pittodrie in extra time of the league cup quarter final in 1999 when we had a legitimate opportunity for a back to back treble as was the quality of our squad.

Willie Young gave a goal kick.

Back