Motherwell gaffer the woman beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta laugh at this quote from him at the time.... a distressing time for his partner etc... after knocking her about, allegedly :))

Can’t wait for the trial.

Robinson, whose side lost 2-0 to Rangers in the Scottish Premiership on Sunday, said: "I deny the charges against me and any wrongdoing.

"I am very upset by what has become a distressing situation for my partner, myself and our families. We had a lovely day in Edinburgh and were trying to get home in good time before the incident occurred.

"It is not possible to give a detailed account when a legal process is under way, which adds to our family anxiety.

"I am confident this will be found to be a misunderstanding once the legal process has run its course."
Oh dear,Lier. Lier. yir pants are on fire

Maybe you should tell that to the police who've charged him with assault.

He is alleged to have assaulted Ms Lauchlan by seizing her by the body, pushing and pulling her by the body and pushing her back and pinning her against a fence or similar at Waverley Bridge, Edinburgh, on 13 December.

Not really the worst is it.

He is alleged to have assaulted Ms Lauchlan by seizing her by the body, pushing and pulling her by the body and pushing her back and pinning her against a fence or similar at Waverley Bridge, Edinburgh, on 13 December.

Not really the worst is it.
Were you there?

How much did he swing her about?
How tight was his grip?
How much force did she hit the fence with?
What was the fence made of?
How much force did he apply to pinning her?

I suspect you have absolutely no idea.

Were you there?

How much did he swing her about?
How tight was his grip?
How much force did she hit the fence with?
What was the fence made of?
How much force did he apply to pinning her?

I suspect you have absolutely no idea.

Neither do you.

If he was accused of punching her or something along those lines I'd agree with the abuse.

But a couple having an argument and ending up with a bit of pushing and shoving is not the worst thing in the world.

Neither do you.

If he was accused of punching her or something along those lines I'd agree with the abuse.

But a couple having an argument and ending up with a bit of pushing and shoving is not the worst thing in the world.
Should know her place rather than argue with the man.

If she didn't want pushed and pinned to the fence she shouldn't have argued.

I don't think you have a clue what domestic abuse is.

Neither do you.

Nobody has even hinted that it's the worst but he's clearly done enough to merit being charged with the police having had 4 weeks to examine the evidence.

You've actually posted that he swung her about, pushed her into a fence and then pinned her against it but keep acting like he's given her a wee shove and that's it.

It's quite a high profile mistake for the police to charge a premier league manager for a nothing incident, I'm sure you'll be proven right :rolleyes:

Nobody has even hinted that it's the worst but he's clearly done enough to merit being charged with the police having had 4 weeks to examine the evidence.

You've actually posted that he swung her about, pushed her into a fence and then pinned her against it but keep acting like he's given her a wee shove and that's it.

It's quite a high profile mistake for the police to charge a premier league manager for a nothing incident, I'm sure you'll be proven right :rolleyes:

Guess we will soon find out.

I kid you not. A comment from their forum:

But the serious question is, where does the club stand on this issue if he’s found guilty? Is this a sackable offence? With securing our highest sponsorship deal for this season and the profile of being a fan owned family club. Would we be able to morally justify having a manager at the forefront of everything that we do and stand for as a club being found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend?

Could be a horrible dilemma for the board come the end of this, potential to effect the rest of the season?

What's wrong with it?

Hate this side of internet/society everyone’s guilty and people slating them before the facts are even out. The guys no been found guilty of anything , nobody actually knows if he’s assaulted her , and who hasn’t had a arguement with the missus after a drink ,a lot of people need to get of the high horse and wait till the facts come out before branding the guy “ woman beater “ , “ scumbag “ etc. You lot must all be angels.

Hate this side of internet/society everyone’s guilty and people slating them before the facts are even out. The guys no been found guilty of anything , nobody actually knows if he’s assaulted her , and who hasn’t had a arguement with the missus after a drink ,a lot of people need to get of the high horse and wait till the facts come out before branding the guy “ woman beater “ , “ scumbag “ etc. You lot must all be angels.
It normally works the other way but I do know one guy who was physically abused by his missus for years and when one night he hit back all hell broke loose.

There are nasty vicious men who abuse women. However, there are happily married loving couples who - usually when they were younger and too much alcohol was embibed on both sides - had a set to and a lot of pushing and shoving. It's similar to brothers and sisters all over the world. This does not sound at all like systematic beating but hopefully it would come out in court if that was the case.

My mum and dad used to fight like crazy in the 60's and 70's and yet you could never meet a more loving couple.

The thread is embarrassing. No one knows what happened. If the reported version of events are to believed it’s pure handbags. Frothing at the mouth and slating Robinson before anyone has any clue about what actually happened is poet behaviour. Not too dissimilar to the moronic Celtic fans calling for Kent and Morelos to be banned after the last game.

It’s obvious it’s unacceptable behaviour, that being said it’s hardly up there as the worst crime where domestic abuse is concerned.

However I might lay off torching the guy until he is actually found guilty of something

FBIMG15575706393691579184396.jpg

I'm sure he and the little bigot would get on like a house on fire.. :rolleyes:
I know Irene’s brother, who is a bluenose and a member of the OO. :oops:

What's wrong with it?

My response was to a post that queried not why, or if, Robinson should be sacked by but the fact that some Motherwell fans were arguing that the justification for sacking him was their image as a cuddly, family orientatated club. The other poster had highlighted how the incidents with McCulloch and Morelos in recent years clashed with that image of themselves they have. As does their signing of Gallagher. Hypocrisy is the word.

I grew up near Motherwell and have friends who support them. None would try and justify their ‘image’ as being a justification for sacking Robinson if he’s convicted. Some would sack him because of the nature of the offence though.

Hope that clears it up for you.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back