Motherwell gaffer the woman beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is to stand trial next month accused of assaulting his partner.

Robinson, 45, appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Thursday charged with allegedly grabbing Robyn Lauchlan and pinning her against a fence at the city's Waverley Bridge.

He also faces a breach of the peace allegation relating to the incident on 13 December.

There is Xenophobia and then there's online message board point scoring.

That falls in to the later.

I can guarantee every single person on this board has said worse at a game.
Get a grip. He's the manager of a club in the top flight.
His standards should be much higher than a fan who's had a skinfull and is venting rubbish from the stands.

FBIMG15575706393691579184396.jpg

I'm sure he and the little bigot would get on like a house on fire.. :rolleyes:

We'll await the press throwing the same vitriol at him as Flanagan got if he's convicted then.

I remember Robinson saying at the time, it was all a silly misunderstanding and that would be the end of it when he got out the clink to appear in the dugout against us.

Looks like he was talking shite.

Get a grip. He's the manager of a club in the top flight.
His standards should be much higher than a fan who's had a skinfull and is venting rubbish from the stands.

There is no denying the guy shouldn't be behaving like that but claiming xenophobia for shouting nasty words at someone during a game in the heat of the moment is hardly that.

They had a Spaniard in their team last season. In that case is it only certain countries he is xenophobic against? Can't be eastern Europeans either as they had a Lithuanian a few years back.

Basing it on as small a sample as you are, my conclusion is he isn't xenophobic, just an arsehole.

The players weren’t to keen on him last year

I picked up dunne McHugh aldred and main last season after the game when we pumped them at firpark

As they were leaving the pub Robinson and his mrs were going into the pub

All the way to Edinburgh the slaughtered %^*& out of him

how did he not even do an overnight for that, that not a bit weird?
Yes it is.
There is a zero tolerance for domestic abuse,just like racism.
You go to court at the next possible day the court is in session.
Did he not get lifted on the Saturday?

He'll be hoping the judge is a part time SPFL Referee. That was he'd get off with it for sure.

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is to stand trial next month accused of assaulting his partner.

Robinson, 45, appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Thursday charged with allegedly grabbing Robyn Lauchlan and pinning her against a fence at the city's Waverley Bridge.

He also faces a breach of the peace allegation relating to the incident on 13 December.
I await the countless references to "out of character". "He's not that type of guy" by our esteemed Scottish press pack

You gotta laugh at this quote from him at the time.... a distressing time for his partner etc... after knocking her about, allegedly :))

Can’t wait for the trial.

Robinson, whose side lost 2-0 to Rangers in the Scottish Premiership on Sunday, said: "I deny the charges against me and any wrongdoing.

"I am very upset by what has become a distressing situation for my partner, myself and our families. We had a lovely day in Edinburgh and were trying to get home in good time before the incident occurred.

"It is not possible to give a detailed account when a legal process is under way, which adds to our family anxiety.

"I am confident this will be found to be a misunderstanding once the legal process has run its course."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back