Motherwell & Lyon on the same level

RayStantzLoyal

Another deplorable performance with no drive, no heart & no Plan B. Happy to play side to side then determined to pass it into the net always wanting an extra touch where our opponents are more direct (Even if they fake injury & are dugmeat)
We were told the other night Lyon were a step above us and to accept the defeat with dignity. Will the same Fans accept that performance today as its been the same all season.... We are told we haven't hit our levels yet? We beat a poor rival 1-0 & it papered over the cracks for some.
There is something wrong & people need to stop burying their heads in the sand & start asking questions.

Last edited:
Dundee will be up for it next week. It'll be 100 miles an hour stuff from them and maximum effort. I just hope we can match their intensity to win.

There is certainly something wrong. That's a dozen games and we haven't put in a good performance yet in the league or europe. 20/30 minutes here or there is nowhere near good enough.

I agree we are not playing as good as last season. Last season we played a really high press, this season we are not. I think the 5 subs
going down to 3 has not helped. Not so much opportunity to freshen things as game goes on.

What has Dan media asking questions got to do with it?

Do you somehow think you'd get more info from some tadger from the Record asking 'you must be disappointed to only draw today. How disappointed are you?'
I don't know what Dan Media has to do with it either

You can almost admire Lyon. But today nobody had any admiration for Motherwell and how they approached that game - but guess what, it worked and we have all seen that same movie too many times previously to guess that could be the case.

I have no idea what is going through Gerrard‘s head this season.

His team selections and tactics have been pretty worrying at times.

People love to over analyse when things go wrong.

We were wastefull in front of goal, and our 4th choice centre back sold the jersey for their goal. It's no more complex than that.

Comparing Motherwell and Lyon is fucking nonsense, btw.

We were wastefull in front of goal, and our 4th choice centre back sold the jersey for their goal. It's no more complex than that.

Again I'll say it. You don't know what Sarcasm is that's nonsense

We murdered Motherwell for 45 minutes, yes it's goals that count , but we should have been out of sight after 30 minutes.

No way that's happening against a top European side like Lyon.

I agree we are not playing as good as last season. Last season we played a really high press, this season we are not. I think the 5 subs
going down to 3 has not helped. Not so much opportunity to freshen things as game goes on.
Watch a sensible answer doesn't get you much likes in here

Who is burying their head in the stand? Pretty much all the fans are saying the same thing that's it's been a laboured start and we're not playing well.

What does asking questions mean? Just moaning on here? Think I'll pass.

We were pedestrian in the second half, as we have been all season so far. We shouldn't be kidding ourselves on that everything is hunky dory.

I believe this management team has enough about them to fix it, but let's not kid ourselves on about what we are watching. We should already be at least 6 clear of the tims and putting massive pressure on them.

Another deplorable performance with no drive, no heart & no Plan B. Happy to play side to side then determined to pass it into the net always wanting an extra touch where our opponents are more direct (Even if they fake injury & are dugmeat)
We were told the other night Lyon were a step above us and to accept the defeat with dignity. Will the same Fans accept that performance today as its been the same all season.... We are told we haven't hit our levels yet? We beat a poor rival 1-0 & it papered over the cracks for some.
There is something wrong & people need to stop burying their heads in the sand & start asking questions.
You do realise that you're entitled to say that Lyon are a much better team than us but we done reasonably OK v them and today we weren't good enough, yeah?

Watch a sensible answer doesn't get you much likes in here
Everyone prefers Venkman. What's your point?
Yeah he was my favourite Not
You do realise that you're entitled to say that Lyon are a much better team than us but we done reasonably OK v them and today we weren't good enough, yeah?
That's what you said

They haven’t won a league game. They are dire. If we can’t go to Dens next week and pick three points then we have problems.

That's what concerns me, mate. If we turn up at Dens Park complacent and pedestrian, then we're in trouble. They're not a good side, but they work hard and hard work often brings its own rewards.

We're top of the league. Celtic are struggling way more than we are.

Try to get a grip.

"People need to stop burying their heads in the sand & start asking questions."

What do you, or anyone else on here, think that this will actually achieve?

"Asking questions." What questions? To whom?

Basically, are we saying that if Gerrard can't turn it around then he should be sacked pretty quickly? Cos that's the only really tangible thing we can be asking for here.

So we've lost to Lyon and drawn 1-1 with Motherwell. Are we just going to say to Gerrard "would you mind making sure those kind of results don't happen ever again"?

OK after Lyon we were told to accept the defeat.
What does the opposite of that look like?
To the car park? Sack the manager? Sack the board?

"I don't accept this result." OK. Now what?

We are in the Europa League and have lost to the top seeded team in the entire competition. We're top of the league and 4 points ahead of the tims. We are not likely to sack the manager from this position are we?

So actually we do need to accept the results and keep supporting the team and hope for better results in the future. If those results don't come then maybe Gerrard leaves or gets sacked, I don't know.

How much influence do you think supporters actually have? We can maybe demand a change of management or change at board level if we do not reach our goals. That would come once the league is obviously gone so maybe not even this season. That will probably be already obvious at Rangers though. If we are 10 points behind the tims and maybe even sitting in 3rd come January then I would expect Gerrard to be gone.

Just don't see how we can make demands for success on the pitch and see those demands met in real-time. Bacuna and Morelos are coming on. "Booooo Gerrard take off Simpson instead of Sakala and tell Aribo to stop taking too many touches!" Gerrard gives a thumbs up to the Club Deck and does what he's told. Boom! We win 2-1. Is this what you are imagining?

Last edited:
Back