Motherwell & Lyon on the same level

We are way off it and sadly we are boring to watch most of the time, we will still win the league though and I am positive we will get better.

I said it after Lyon and I'll say it again. last year's team would have beat them. They were there for the taking. Yes first goal was a cracker but apart from that they were nothing special, we on the other hand are shite, playing like shite, and it seems like the management have no idea how to stop the diarrhea. Of course anyone who points out how badly we look p[performance wise, fitness wise, even coaching wise is labelled a whiner or clueless or worse. It will be a long season unless we can find some sort of tempo.

I said it after Lyon and I'll say it again. last year's team would have beat them. They were there for the taking. Yes first goal was a cracker but apart from that they were nothing special, we on the other hand are shite, playing like shite, and it seems like the management have no idea how to stop the diarrhea. Of course anyone who points out how badly we look p[performance wise, fitness wise, even coaching wise is labelled a whiner or clueless or worse. It will be a long season unless we can find some sort of tempo.

What's the evidence that last seasons team would have beat Lyon?
We lost 2 goal leads to Benfica in both matches last season.
Slavia Prague had a bit too much for us.

If you don't want to be labelled a clueless whiner then maybe don't moan that we didn't beat Lyon, claim that last season's team would have based on nothing at all or use hyperbolic language when describing our performances.

We are not going to reach the highs of last season and no amount of fan moaning is going to get us there.

We have struggled to field a consistent starting eleven so far this season and have been dealing with constant injury and covid worries. I bet that doesn't help with training and match sharpness.

It is going to be a tough season. Accept it.

We are way off it and sadly we are boring to watch most of the time, we will still win the league though and I am positive we will get better.

This I can agree with. We are a bit boring to watch and have been for some time. Including decent chunks of last season.

On one hand I think we could have moved Gerrard on and tried to build a team that plays with a different system. More exciting, more free flowing, more direct.

On the other hand when May 2022 comes around "we played good exciting football" will not make up for losing the league.

They were going crazy for "Ange-ball" but when push comes to shove I think they'd rather be in our position.

I would always look to Walter's teams as our reference for how to win the SPL and unfortunately under Walter there was no shortage of bad results and brutal performances.

In 2009-2010 while Mowbray was only dropping 2 points in the first six games we drew 0-0 back to back to back against Motherwell, Killie and Aberdeen. We all know how the story ended though.

What's the evidence that last seasons team would have beat Lyon?
We lost 2 goal leads to Benfica in both matches last season.
Slavia Prague had a bit too much for us.

If you don't want to be labelled a clueless whiner then maybe don't moan that we didn't beat Lyon, claim that last season's team would have based on nothing at all or use hyperbolic language when describing our performances.

We are not going to reach the highs of last season and no amount of fan moaning is going to get us there.

We have struggled to field a consistent starting eleven so far this season and have been dealing with constant injury and covid worries. I bet that doesn't help with training and match sharpness.

It is going to be a tough season. Accept it.
The “evidence” is there is no “evidence” it’s the relaying of “opinion” based on my subjective experience which was: Lyon didn’t look that sharp, and I fully believe our top form would have beaten them and who the fk is using hyperbole now? “Never going to hit the heights of last season?” How the fk do you know. That’s some clueless shit right there. See? Two can play at that game. This is an opinion board but some of you mentalists think it should be all happy clappy bullshit and if we are pointing out defects we need to fk off! I’m okay thanks.

We seem to refuse to go direct theu the middle and get the opposition to commit and cut them open or take a gamble. It's the same move over and over

We actually played a lot of nice stuff through the middle today in the first half, the frustrating thing was that nobody wanted to shoot. Everyone wanted to take an extra touch or make that final pass inside the box.

Just pull the fucking trigger!

Another deplorable performance with no drive, no heart & no Plan B. Happy to play side to side then determined to pass it into the net always wanting an extra touch where our opponents are more direct (Even if they fake injury & are dugmeat)
We were told the other night Lyon were a step above us and to accept the defeat with dignity. Will the same Fans accept that performance today as its been the same all season.... We are told we haven't hit our levels yet? We beat a poor rival 1-0 & it papered over the cracks for some.
There is something wrong & people need to stop burying their heads in the sand & start asking questions.
Ask questions of who? It wasn’t a deplorable performance ffs
sick of the posts like yours with OTT comments and accusations
you and your type of “supporter “ are deplorable

Well that's a thread title I thought I would never see - should post it on their forum :))

Your comparing motherwell a team who have not won silverware in 30 years to a team that made the semi's of Europes top competetion last season.

Chalk and cheese come to mind , but aye second half we were shit today.

Another deplorable performance with no drive, no heart & no Plan B. Happy to play side to side then determined to pass it into the net always wanting an extra touch where our opponents are more direct (Even if they fake injury & are dugmeat)
We were told the other night Lyon were a step above us and to accept the defeat with dignity. Will the same Fans accept that performance today as its been the same all season.... We are told we haven't hit our levels yet? We beat a poor rival 1-0 & it papered over the cracks for some.
There is something wrong & people need to stop burying their heads in the sand & start asking questions.
I'd agree with that, if applied only to the second half. But, in the first half, I thought we played very well. Obviously, some more goals would have been good - but the overall standard was better than it's been in almost any other game this season.

Lack of form,covid and injuries I don't think it is a mystery.If you are alluding to the contract situations of Kamara and Goldson I thought they were our 2 best players.

We're not playing as well as last season, that's for sure.

Meantime, we're top of the league. I was dreaming of that for years, I'm so happy we're back where we belong.

In other news, Lyon went to Paris at the weekend and lost 2-1 to PSG with a £52m Icardi 93rd minute Mbappe assisted goal. £200m Neymar got their 1st one.

Back