Motherwell player misses game after false positive test

The number of false positives from, presumably, the private company the SPFL recommended is concerning.

Also, if the player has to self-isolate (despite the subsequent negative tests) then why not all the other players he's come in contact with?

Shambles - the FF word of the month.

Said it yesterday on another thread but this is going to cause chaos this year

So a false test means you need to isolate? Why's that - is it because you can still transmit after recovery and therefore its just in case?

Otherwise can we plant a few positives at Parkhead in October?

this season is already being set up to be a shambles the backlog of games will be so much we'll be struggling to finish the league by july

Isn't this a known with the tests though. If they catch it early the tests are positive. But then a few days later they tend to be negative as its made it's way inside. So he must likely does have it.

Can you imagine what would be in store if they won the ‘emergency power’ vote?

If they play the sheep missing 8 players when today’s game is off, then we know this is just going to be manipulated all season long to their benefit.

Isn't this a known with the tests though. If they catch it early the tests are positive. But then a few days later they tend to be negative as its made it's way inside. So he must likely does have it.
Eh? That sounds bizarre. So the test shows negative when he's actually positive? What's the point in the test then?

Can you imagine what would be in store if they won the ‘emergency power’ vote?
The season would be declared over and the tainted title awarded to you know who before the first game in October.

The number of false positives from, presumably, the private company the SPFL recommended is concerning.

Also, if the player has to self-isolate (despite the subsequent negative tests) then why not all the other players he's come in contact with?

Shambles - the FF word of the month.

Concerning that the tests are comming back positive only for the company who does them do a uturn.

I have no confidence in the whole testing structure.

Eh? That sounds bizarre. So the test shows negative when he's actually positive? What's the point in the test then?

Yes mate. Nurse at hosp confirmed this to my wife. They were disregarding lots if results as some patients in ICU had negative tests. And only by getting samples from their insides were they getting positive. It's all about timing of the testing. After a couple days alot of the time the virus has moved inside and the nose and throat swabs don't pick it up. The tests are a shit show.

Other leagues all over Europe managed to finish their seasons no issues at all... We are not even through the second games here and it's a total cluster %^*&. No wonder other countries laugh at us

English teams must have played near 200 games including pl, championship, fa cup and playoffs. Not 1 positive test.
Scotland managed 6 games!! Over 3 days!!

This doesn't make sense. The definition of 'false positive' is that the person does/did not have the virus even though the test says they have. So what Motherwell's tweet is effectively saying is "one of our players doesn't/didn't have the virus so is isolating for 7 days". I think Motherwell have used the phrase 'false positive' incorrectly. If they haven't, and this is SPFL policy, then every team in the league is going to have multiple players across the season self-isolating even though it's known they don't/didn't have it.

I think what Motherwell maybe mean is the player DID have it but it now appears to have gone.

This doesn't make sense. The definition of 'false positive' is that the person does/did not have the virus even though the test says they have. So what Motherwell's tweet is effectively saying is "one of our players doesn't/didn't have the virus so is isolating for 7 days". I think Motherwell have used the phrase 'false positive' incorrectly. If they haven't, and this is SPFL policy, then every team in the league is going to have multiple players across the season self-isolating even though it's known they don't/didn't have it.

I think what Motherwell maybe mean is the player DID have it but it now appears to have gone.

I think what happens is the clubs, like Motherwell in this instance and St Mirren earlier in the season, have the test conducted and analysed by a private firm recommended by the SPFL. The player tests positive. That then has to be verified as soon as possible by a second test conducted by the NHS. The second test returns a negative. There's clearly something amiss with the testing/analysis by the private company. First St Mirren and now Motherwell. Then there's the issue of them not returning tests results in time as well.

Hey I know this lot have me paranoid, with good reason I may add.
However I can see some rangers players tests coming back positive before we play them, then it's ok false positive, too late

Going into winter this is going to be an absolute shit show for all clubs.
They’ve invented a testing machine that can tell you if you’ve got covid19 or the flu.
The test only takes 90 minutes.
It’s a company in England that has invented it.

That's strange - I work in the Covid centre at our hospital and you can get a false negative but not a false positive. He could well have been positive and the negative tests have been false. Unless of course they use a different test from NHS ones?

Can you imagine if they tested for sexually transmitted diseases. Yer mans got a dose. hang on, maybe he husny. Too late, i've started divorce proceedings and taking him for all he's got the dirty cheating bastart. Aye, but your test says you've got wan anaw ya dirty whore. Sorry we need to apologise to you, you are fine as well.

As some have said, nothing but a fukin Shambles with something so important and life threatening.

looks like motherwell are unable to reproduce the commitment they showed against us in the friendly.
as i predicted.

Going into winter this is going to be an absolute shit show for all clubs.
Any way this horrible situation can be spun in their favour it will be , we’re five points clear ,N&V , they have any advantage and it will be gifted to them , it’s a cert .

I very much doubt all the fixtures will be played this season
At some point the league will have to be called again
They'll do their best to award it to them but if that's not possible then null and void will suddenly become possible for sporting integrity
They'll celebrate it as if they actually won it

Seems to me, that never mind find a vaccine, they dont seem to have got on top of f**k all.

Maybe this things dying off on it's own. Sorry for suggesting that, I'll hand myself into the police in the morning.

That's strange - I work in the Covid centre at our hospital and you can get a false negative but not a false positive. He could well have been positive and the negative tests have been false. Unless of course they use a different test from NHS ones?
Hmm it’s almost like the SG and Nippy want the positive tests results inflated to keep the fear going.

This is why our players need to treat every game like it’s the last game of the season. If we can get any kind of lead at the top of the table we can exert huge pressure on them to keep up knowing covid can grind things to a halt at anytime.

But it also places huge pressure on the SPFL to follow the same “average points” solution the further the season goes before being halted. Anything over 50% games done you are looking at a very good position to be asking “why is null and void suddenly an option?”. I suspect the mental gymnastics would be a sight to behold.

Who is doing the testing?

images

Back