Motherwell public sale

Public sale as in MyGers? Unless you’re at least MyGers you’ll not be buying directly from the club ever again

Is there going to be a public sale for the Motherwell game or have I been sleeping and missed it?

It's been and gone mate, but like all league games will be this season, it was extremely limited.

Keep checking the website though, as seat sub tickets regularly become available.

There's a handful up for grabs just now.

Edit... MyGers sale, not a public one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there going to be a public sale for the Motherwell game or have I been sleeping and missed it?
Tickets have been on sale to MyGers members only which the way a membership scheme should work

Might see a general public sale for league game this season closer to the game

Last edited:
Been checking all week as trying to get my boy to his first game. Dont think there will be one which is fine if they are snapped up by mygers members this is fair & i dont have a problem with that. Will settle for Livingston on the Wednesday night which isn't ideal as its midweek for a young kid but will look forward to it. dont understand why there is no public sale for Livingston just now though, the game will not sell out or even come close to it.

Cheers folks. Im a mygers member so will keep looking. Would be good if the club could send out an email notification or social media notice too for ticket releases.

Keep looking on the website. Tickets will become available from STHs using seatsub.

It’s only MyGers members who have access so far and they can only buy one ticket so it’s no use if they are wanting to bring someone with them.

It would be useful if the club would clarify specifically when tickets will be made available to MyGers and then Public Sale.

Home matches usually went on sale the Monday of the week before the game. Now no one knows.

If MyGers can only buy one ticket and there’s no public sale until the last minute or no public sale at all what happens to the Family Stand seats that are usually available in public sale for people taking kids?

It’s only MyGers members who have access so far and they can only buy one ticket so it’s no use if they are wanting to bring someone with them.

It would be useful if the club would clarify specifically when tickets will be made available to MyGers and then Public Sale.

Home matches usually went on sale the Monday of the week before the game. Now no one knows.

If MyGers can only buy one ticket and there’s no public sale until the last minute or no public sale at all what happens to the Family Stand seats that are usually available in public sale for people taking kids?

i emailed asking about general sales and the repsonse said 'shortly before the game' whatever that means.

Used to 2/3 weeks before the game, the club did pre Covid list the sale dates for League homes games

But as I have said before our basic communication is a shambles

This page is updated with the sale dates for tickets. Doesn't look like they have a general sale date for Motherwell but did have a date for MyGers members.

This page is updated with the sale dates for tickets. Doesn't look like they have a general sale date for Motherwell but did have a date for MyGers members.
But there should still information for future sales dates like this

Hibs - Sunday 3rd October 3pm - tickets on sale to MyGers members from Monday 20th September
Hearts - Saturday 16th October 3pm - tickets on sale to MyGers members from Monday 27th September

That is how they done it in the past of course MyGers wasn't there and went straight to a general public sale

But there should still information for future sales dates like this

Hibs - Sunday 3rd October 3pm - tickets on sale to MyGers members from Monday 20th September
Hearts - Saturday 16th October 3pm - tickets on sale to MyGers members from Monday 27th September

That is how they done it in the past of course MyGers wasn't there and went straight to a general public sale
Seems pretty evident from the dates listed for Motherwell and Livi games that the MyGers sales will be 6/7 days before a game and the general sale, when there is one, 3/5days before a game. Horrendously tight timescales but that’s what it looks like.

Seems pretty evident from the dates listed for Motherwell and Livi games that the MyGers sales will be 6/7 days before a game and the general sale, when there is one, 3/5days before a game. Horrendously tight timescales but that’s what it looks like.
Problem is mate no one knows as we don't list that information or the process

There had been a quite few posts about Motherwell and if tickets were on sale or when but nothing since the club hasn't posted anything

Problem is mate no one knows as we don't list that information or the process

There had been a quite few posts about Motherwell and if tickets were on sale or when but nothing since the club hasn't posted anything
The dates are there for Motherwell and Livi, though I’ve no idea when they were listed on the Ticket Info page. Next Home game is 3 Oct v Hibs. On the basis of Motherwell and Livi I’d guess MyGers sale starting 27 Sep. I think the dates you’ve suggested - whilst far more sensible - aren’t supported by the evidence of the Motherwell/Livi games.

The dates are there for Motherwell and Livi, though I’ve no idea when they were listed on the Ticket Info page. Next Home game is 3 Oct v Hibs. On the basis of Motherwell and Livi I’d guess MyGers sale starting 27 Sep. I think the dates you’ve suggested - whilst far more sensible - aren’t supported by the evidence of the Motherwell/Livi games.
But that is the problem Rangers don't post anything which why I posted suggestion dates because that's what I was used to I knew when tickets went on sale

But that is the problem Rangers don't post anything which why I posted suggestion dates because that's what I was used to I knew when tickets went on sale
If tickets for Hibs don’t go on sale until say 27 Sep, as is looking likely, then it doesn’t really matter if they put that date on the website today or in a week - you still can’t buy a ticket until 27 Sep.

I‘m in agreement with you that the timelines are way too late and that the whole ticketing system is a mess. The dates for sale are listed on the Ticket Info page though, and I’m struggling to see what difference it makes if you tell folk when the sales will be 10 days in advance or 3 days in advance - they still can’t buy until sales day. Unless I’m missing something obvious.

Though I did note earlier, I don’t know when they put up the dates for Motherwell/Livi.

If tickets for Hibs don’t go on sale until say 27 Sep, as is looking likely, then it doesn’t really matter if they put that date on the website today or in a week - you still can’t buy a ticket until 27 Sep.

I‘m in agreement with you that the timelines are way too late and that the whole ticketing system is a mess. The dates for sale are listed on the Ticket Info page though, and I’m struggling to see what difference it makes if you tell folk when the sales will be 10 days in advance or 3 days in advance - they still can’t buy until sales day. Unless I’m missing something obvious.

Though I did note earlier, I don’t know when they put up the dates for Motherwell/Livi.
Because gives people an idea of when they go on sale

Easy to say doesn't matter but when you have people travelling from a distance or want to make plans then listing a future sales date helps

There are plenty available via MyGers.

I doubt they will all sell, so I'd expect to see a bit of a general sale.

Cheers folks. Im a mygers member so will keep looking. Would be good if the club could send out an email notification or social media notice too for ticket releases.

That would mean the club actually constructively communicating with fans - which we haven't seen for years :(

Communications are an absolute shambles.

Just got a ticket on public sale.

fair bit of availability for singles seats in various stands/sections.

Ah, ok mate.

Plenty available then.

Interesting that all these tickets are not being snapped up by MyGers members.

Seems like general sale tickets will definitely be a thing this season then.
Remember there are STH who MyGers members and won't buy unless they are buying for someone else, can that happen for League games? - I know Celtic it was Silver and Bronze non STH only

But it good that it has gone to public sale even in limited number based on what is available

Last edited:
Ah, ok mate.

Plenty available then.

Interesting that all these tickets are not being snapped up by MyGers members.

Seems like general sale tickets will definitely be a thing this season then.
I’m a MyGers member but can’t make this one. I think the MyGers presale is usually 24-48 hours before a general sale. Agree with the points made about the coms from the club. There is nothing about a Motherwell general sale which isn’t the best. Lyon and Livi games for me this time round. Got my Livi ticket in the presale this morning.

It’s only MyGers members who have access so far and they can only buy one ticket so it’s no use if they are wanting to bring someone

not entirely true I’m Mygers and I bought 2 last night , not together but in the same section in club deck

Is the delay down to not knowing in advance what will happen to the "Red Zone" area week on week?

*No idea, just speculating.

Is the delay down to not knowing in advance what will happen to the "Red Zone" area week on week?

*No idea, just speculating.
I dunno mate. Your theory makes as much sense as anything else I guess. Its far from ideal, and if it is that causing the late sales it would be so easy for the Club to tell us that. I don't think the Club are doing is simply to mess folk about and, in this instance, I don't think its down to Ticket Centre inefficiency. So there has to be a reason for it - just tell us.

Doesn't surprise me but that is poor in my opinion. Seatsub should kick in once all the decent seats are sold. Restricted view seats should be the very last to go.
Commercially that makes no sense at all. Then there is how you define 'decent' seats - we might all have a different view on that. The Club are, obviously, going to sell seats first that see them get the full whack of cash before moving onto SeatSub seats where they have to give some of the cash back to the seat 'owner'.

When I was looking at the Stadium plan today I was astounded at the number of Restricted View seats we have, so I get your point, but the Club can't afford to be foregoing potentially higher income from selling one of those seats. From the look of things virtually all those RV seats for Motherwell have sold at full price before SeatSub kicked in so that makes commercial sense.

Commercially that makes no sense at all. Then there is how you define 'decent' seats - we might all have a different view on that. The Club are, obviously, going to sell seats first that see them get the full whack of cash before moving onto SeatSub seats where they have to give some of the cash back to the seat 'owner'.

When I was looking at the Stadium plan today I was astounded at the number of Restricted View seats we have, so I get your point, but the Club can't afford to be foregoing potentially higher income from selling one of those seats. From the look of things virtually all those RV seats for Motherwell have sold at full price before SeatSub kicked in so that makes commercial sense.

It might make commercial sense but that doesn't make it right. Selling restricted view seats at full price?
By decent seats I mean any seat that has a clear and unrestricted view of the pitch.

It might make commercial sense but that doesn't make it right. Selling restricted view seats at full price?
By decent seats I mean any seat that has a clear and unrestricted view of the pitch.
Short of tearing down the Main Stand we are always going to have hundreds of RV seats. Ignoring the potentials to sell them would cost big bucks.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree mate. I don't think it is right to be selling restricted view seats at full cost and certainly not before other seats which are being held back. Regardless of the financial implications.

Back