Motherwell season ticket initiative

I hate Motherwell and their tinpot club - BUT this is actually quite a positive move, in a Scottish football landscape which lacks innovation, ideas and imagination etc.

Empty seats are a disaster and one main reason tv companies (quite rightly) refuse to pay more than the bare minimum to cover Scottish football.

The 'product' needs dramatic improvement. This might just be one small step in he right direction.

Be interesting to see what the take up will be though.

Every adult or over 60s season ticket holder at Motherwell can bring up to two kids, all season, for free.

Great work, a club actually trying to get the next generation into the ground and fill the stadium rather than out price families.
Good imitative, I wonder how it works in practice ? Kids sit near adults ? People just sit anywhere ? I know its never "full" but their must be some logic used

I hate Motherwell and their tinpot club - BUT this is actually quite a positive move, in a Scottish football landscape which lacks innovation, ideas and imagination etc.

Empty seats are a disaster and one main reason tv companies (quite rightly) refuse to pay more than the bare minimum to cover Scottish football.

The 'product' needs dramatic improvement. This might just be one small step in he right direction.

Be interesting to see what the take up will be though.
"Tinpot club" pure shite English fans patter.

At least this time their not selling season tickets to Rangers fans to fund their new stand.

Good imitative, I wonder how it works in practice ? Kids sit near adults ? People just sit anywhere ? I know its never "full" but their must be some logic used

Everyone who buys an adult or over 60s season ticket can claim a free season ticket for a child aged 15 or under. Completely free of charge, sat next to you in the stands.

Better still, if you sit in our Cooper Stand, you can get two free kids tickets. If you’ve got more kids you want to take along, don’t worry, it’s just £20 for each extra kids season ticket.

Everyone who buys an adult or over 60s season ticket can claim a free season ticket for a child aged 15 or under. Completely free of charge, sat next to you in the stands.

Better still, if you sit in our Cooper Stand, you can get two free kids tickets. If you’ve got more kids you want to take along, don’t worry, it’s just £20 for each extra kids season ticket.
That is a great incentive to encourage kids to go. Better still the Cooper stand ( God rest his soul.) allows 2 kids. So there is twice as many chances a kid will ask, “ Why is it called the Cooper stand?” and the legacy will live on!!

Well(no pun intended) done to my local club, good to see they are at least trying to get fans though the door, otehr clubs would do well do follow suit.

Mibby the medicants could try it to try to get fans through the door in the games that dont involve us:cool::))

Last edited:
Fair play to them.

At a time when young Scottish football fans are being lost to the EPL and the so called "superclubs", initiatives like this must be encouraged to get numbers through the turnstiles.

I still think football has a long way to go in terms of marketing when compared to other spectator sports but it's a step in the right direction.

It’s a fantastic initiative, all clubs with half empty stands should take note.

If we looked at the bigger picture and expanded our stadium and offer this, it would pay for itself and leave a lasting legacy.

Every adult or over 60s season ticket holder at Motherwell can bring up to two kids, all season, for free.

Great work, a club actually trying to get the next generation into the ground and fill the stadium rather than out price families.

My mate (over 60) is a Motherwell season ticket holder. I’m pretty sure they had this initiative in place for at least the season just ended as well. I certainly recall him taking a couple of kids along for free on a handful of occasions.

Last edited:
Said this about my local team Airdrie. They should give all the school kids tickets for free entry. Adults with them free tickets etc maybe 6/7 games a season then say another 200 on the gate not only that weans would spend on snacks,pies juice. They wouldn't be there but if every free ticket spends something it's money they wouldn't have had.

Shit club with shit fans, remember when we were sent down, Dempster pleaded with the Motherwell fans more support, they were looking for an extra 500 or so fans to try and offset the losses of not having us in the league, needless to say the extra numbers never materialised.

Imagine watching that Motherwell team being your introduction to football. To call them industrial is being generous.

They have always been very generous when trying to encourage kids to go.

When I was at high school they were offering pupils season tickets for £20. I used a spare one the day Amato scored a hatrick in a 5-1 win. Think Fabrice Fernadez scored that day as well :D

Heard Dundee united are doing something similar

Family ticket

Buy one get 5 free

Sell out Saturdays ya know

Well(no pun intended) done to my local club, good to see they are at least trying to get fans though the door, otehr clubs would do well do follow suit.

Mibby the medicants could try it to try to get fans through the door in the games that dont involve us:cool::))
For fùck sake don't encourage them to lure children again.

Aye, fair enough.
Thats got to be better than tumbleweed blowing through the empty stands.

Once the kids are in, I'm sure the wee darling leaches will be asking to buy programme, hot dogs, drinks etc.

A positive initiative to get more into the stadium and younger generation too.

I get that all clubs are a 'business' but surely it's a step to follow for others clubs who have swathes of empty seats nigh on each game?

Good move, together with their attempt to play football as opposed to smashing teams off the park, I foresee crowds of over 5.5k to determine whether they can finish 7th

Back