Motherwell Season Ticket offer for fans

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
Lifted from their site. I think it’s pretty decent tbh:

We’re pledging that everyone who buys a season ticket for 2020/21 will also get the full value of their purchase on physically attending games.

We guarantee everyone who purchases, or has already purchased, a season ticket for 2020/21 will get the chance to attend 19 home league matches, whenever that is possible.

If that is not possible in 2020/21, we will offer you the chance to claim the credit value of the missing games back. This can either be used against the value of your season ticket for 2021/22, or if you don’t renew next year, you can claim the equivalent number of match tickets for games in 2021/22.

If matches are initially played behind closed doors, we pledge that you will not be adversely impacted.

For example, if five matches are played behind closed doors in 2020/21, you can choose to either have the value of those matches deducted from your season ticket cost for 2021/22, or we will give you the equivalent amount of match tickets for games in that season.

46,000 season tickets last season are desperate for success. We need that loyalty turning into cash so we can become the number one force in Scottish football. Rightly or wrongly.

As bad as it sounds, this pandemic may become more of a leveler than some people think. Our fans are beyond question the best in the league and our wage bill is significantly lower than our enemies across the city.

2020/21 will be interesting on many fronts.

It’s exactly the same offer as Hearts pledged several weeks ago. I’d like to think we will, eventually, do similar. I think most clubs will but it was, to their credit, Hearts who led the way.

They are another shit club with a pathetic support, remember Dempster when she was Chief Exec, basically pleading for an extra 500 supporters through the gates every fortnight, to compensate for Rangers not being In the league, did it happen? Did it feck.

Well done.

They are trying to work with their fans to maximise their income just now, when it is most needed.

Good on them.

They will probably look to up our allocation when the fans return to pay for this, easy if you have 60% of your home end lying empty!

Fair play to them, it's a decent initiative and rewarding the fans for ploughing in their hard earned cash at very difficult and uncertain times for all.

:))
It’s exactly the same offer as Hearts pledged several weeks ago. I’d like to think we will, eventually, do similar. I think most clubs will but it was, to their credit, Hearts who led the way.
Your a smart enough poster to realise that probably ain't financially viable

I'm already regretting wading into this thread.

Lots of people saying it's fine for clubs like Motherwell and Hearts to do this as they have small fan bases.

Lots of others saying EPL clubs should do it because they have the TV income.

Also lots of people praising European teams for doing the same because they play in bigger leagues.

So is it just Rangers that are slap bang in the middle and uniquely positioned to not offer refund/discount/incentive of some sort. I am not counting the £25 voucher.

Also it is probably only Rangers that have created a members scheme at exactly this time where it is actually costing fans more money.

I'm already on record as saying I am ok and will be renewing and signing up for My Gers as fortunately my circumstances allow me to do so. However stop defending the club as if they have no choice on the matter.

Lifted from their site. I think it’s pretty decent tbh:

We’re pledging that everyone who buys a season ticket for 2020/21 will also get the full value of their purchase on physically attending games.

We guarantee everyone who purchases, or has already purchased, a season ticket for 2020/21 will get the chance to attend 19 home league matches, whenever that is possible.

If that is not possible in 2020/21, we will offer you the chance to claim the credit value of the missing games back. This can either be used against the value of your season ticket for 2021/22, or if you don’t renew next year, you can claim the equivalent number of match tickets for games in 2021/22.

If matches are initially played behind closed doors, we pledge that you will not be adversely impacted.

For example, if five matches are played behind closed doors in 2020/21, you can choose to either have the value of those matches deducted from your season ticket cost for 2021/22, or we will give you the equivalent amount of match tickets for games in that season.

Only useful if Motherwell still exist then!

Reactions: GF1

Lots of people saying it's fine for clubs like Motherwell and Hearts to do this as they have small fan bases.

Also lots of people praising European teams for doing the same because they play in bigger leagues.

So is it just Rangers that are slap bang in the middle and uniquely positioned to not offer refund/discount/incentive of some sort. I am not counting the £25 voucher.

Also it is probably only Rangers that have created a members scheme at exactly this time where it is actually costing fans more money.

I'm already on record as saying I am ok and will be renewing and signing up for My Gers as fortunately my circumstances allow me to do so. However stop defending the club as if they have no choice on the matter.
If you you stay out of the thread from now on, I'll give you another £25.

Not an option for a club of our size and ambition but a good offer from Motherwell to their fans

Got to remember if we did similar it would take a big whack out of the budget for the following season as well.
Maybe fans want to see Kevin Kyle etc back? But sure is fate they will be the ones that claim the refund and moan that the type of players we have arent good enough.

I fully understand those that NEED a refund. How about a suspension on renewing their ST. We need to be supportive of such fans and taking money from those experiencing hardship may not be morally right just now.

Rangers have already said for 2019/20 season that fans have the option of:
A refund for the games cancelled
or
A £25 voucher
or
Leaving the money in the club
Surely that covers all the bases.

In Stewart Robertson’s interview he made it clear that the club are committed to ensuring season ticket holders get value for their 2020/ 21 season ticket purchase and are exploring ways of achieving this if games are played behind closed doors.
I can’t imagine we could contemplate refunding £18m of season ticket money but if we are creative I am sure there are ways of retaining the cash and giving fans value for their purchase.
I wouldn’t expect fans to renew if they can’t afford it in current circumstances.

Given where we've come from and where were trying to go then yes we are in a very unique position.

It's not just the fans who have been digging deep, the board very much have been too.

Reactions: GF1

You missed out the fact the club are offering a full refund on games missed last season. Didn't suit your argument I bet.

You missed out the fact the club are offering a full refund on games missed last season. Didn't suit your argument I bet.

Just read the email from yesterday actually where it says:

Within the interview, I also address questions on refunds for cancelled games last season, should any supporter wish to claim one. Rest assured, however, if you choose to leave your money within the club, it will be re-invested into the first-team squad. Further information on the process for refund requests will be issued next week.

Fair enough. That is all I was asking for and well done to the club for making it available for those who need it

Given where we've come from and where were trying to go then yes we are in a very unique position.

It's not just the fans who have been digging deep, the board very much have been too.
Absolutely, I’d get the criticism if we had billionaires as owners who weren’t doing much but we don’t, we have multi millionaire owners and backers, who regularly give us multi millions to allow us to compete.

We also have a very loyal fan base willing to contribute what they can afford too. It really is a combined effort.

If we lived within our current budget we wouldn’t have Gerrard in charge , wouldn’t be within touching distance of the mentally challengeds and probably wouldn’t have enjoyed a European resurgence either, that’s the reality.

Your right mate i dont care if im seen not as staunch as some on here but some people need a reality check. As you said it's not alright for Rangers or any club infact im fed up reading about reasons why people think its normal business sense for others but not Rangers. Some people on here must just post their pay cheques to the club every month.

If you've money you want to invest in the club by all means put it in i would have massive respect for you but don't criticise people who are rightly expecting a service they are paying for they deserve it as much as anyone else involved with the club

What Motherwell is doing is the right thing to do were ticket sales are concerned if we need investment we need to come up with another way to fund it

I have renewed before anyone jumps on

Opens up an issue over virtual season tickets. Will fans need to buy an additional virtual season ticket to cover any games they can't attend? Would have thought it easier to compensate fans by way of guaranteed access to streamed home games at no additional cost.

:))
Your a smart enough poster to realise that probably ain't financially viable

I hear, and understand, what you say. On the other hand, let’s say 10k make the reluctant decision not to renew this year because they don’t want to pay for games they won’t see? If those same 10k actually did renew because they were aware that any missed games would roll-over into the next season then the financial calculation gets more complicated.

For example, a hybrid option might also work. If you miss 10 home games we will let you watch them all for free via RangersTV and then we will also roll-over entry to 5 matches next season as the balance of your loss (or some version of that). Rangers will know how numbers are going and will be trying to work out the financial implications I’m sure.

I don’t think we will stop at simply giving the RangersTV viewing for free.

Rugby fans do seem to get a good deal.
vy0jrti.gif

Your right mate i dont care if im seen not as staunch as some on here but some people need a reality check. As you said it's not alright for Rangers or any club infact im fed up reading about reasons why people think its normal business sense for others but not Rangers. Some people on here must just post their pay cheques to the club every month.

If you've money you want to invest in the club by all means put it in i would have massive respect for you but don't criticise people who are rightly expecting a service they are paying for they deserve it as much as anyone else involved with the club

What Motherwell is doing is the right thing to do were ticket sales are concerned if we need investment we need to come up with another way to fund it

I have renewed before anyone jumps on
In normal circumstances I’d agree, but this is far from normal.

Nobody in their right mind thought they were getting value from money from this upcoming season’s ST, we all knew fans were not going to be allowed back in the foreseeable and everyone had the choice to renew or not.

I agree the club has to do what they can to give people who have renewed as much as realistically possible, but there’s a limit to what we can afford given we are haemorrhaging money every year.

Agreed mate, the majority of our money goes towards the players wages and they should recognise that and take a voluntary cut rather than just pass the buck. The club's business can't operate as normal so they should recognise that rather than us being charged the same for far less.

Even a part refund of our ST's would be a good idea, working out at £10-15 per match viewed rather than £25-30 you pay for a match ticket.

In normal circumstances I’d agree, but this is far from normal.

Nobody in their right mind thought they were getting value from money from this upcoming season’s ST, we all knew fans were not going to be allowed back in the foreseeable and everyone had the choice to renew or not.

I agree the club has to do what they can to give people who have renewed as much as realistically possible, but there’s a limit to what we can afford given we are haemorrhaging money every year.
But think about it you cant live above your means if we need to cry for investment thats fair enough but you can't dress it up as season books that you maybe can't deliver the product for example. Be honest and upfront about it and if there are people willing to invest money im sure by all the posts in here there are then do it properly

It would be totally wrong to basically hold ticket holders at ransom to pay full fees without any return for a whole season we are paying for a product of going to watch matches it deserves to be delivered when we are allowed to do so the same way as players deserve their contracts

If there are games without fans for a while thats up to someone to do their job and figure out a money making venture to bankroll it if we are for running at the same level

Back