Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
Xh5P1Eh.png

We need fresh legs for this game imo. M'well play football so we should be able to create plenty of chances. My concern is can we take enough of them as we aren't keeping clean sheets at the moment. I will take 0-1 right now. M'well know we will be tired and will be at us from the off.

As mentioned above,we are asking a helluva lot from our Ist team players and they did look tired in the latter stages of our last game ,let's face it they've had 3 hard matches in an 8 day period so it's normal for them to be suffering from fatigue,so for the Motherwell game I think we'll need some fresh legs, who and in what position depends on our players recovery and injuries so I don't have a clue who needs to be rested and who could come in,there's only 1 player I wouldn't like to see and that's Barker he doesn't do it for me ,at all.

Always a physical game at Fir park, need to win the battle first and then hopefully our class shows through.

A would change it up this ah day, Thursday took it out us

Shagger
Tav katic goldson barasic
Arfield jack haliday
Stewart ojo
Defoe

I can't make up my mind who should play up front.

Defoe needs game time, he will lose his match sharpness just getting a few minutes here and there.But Alfredo is by far our best striker. And this is a game we will need to win the battle or risk losing points.

Defoe should play if we look beyond this game.
Morelos should play to give us the best chance of winning this game.

And Friday night is the exact same.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

SG has to make changers for this game, we were dead on our feet in second half on Thursday.

I expect a real battle, and we will have to be at our best to overcome Motherwell.

Any victory will do for me.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

It can always be a tough game there but our players look knackered, it will be shit conditions and could have a European hangover. We could use a bit of luck after the referees the last 3 matches.

Need to take our chances and not fall asleep.

Imo Motherwell are a better team than the sheep and we slipped up against them. Fatigue a factor but we can't afford to drop more points. Usually I'm predicting comfortable wins but I hope we scrape through a scrappy 1 2 win this time

The manager and his staff will know who is ready and who needs a rest. Yet another massive game. 3 points by any means will do for me. #LetsGo

Was nervous and kind of deflated before the Young Boys game.

Im looking forward to tomorrow...right back on track hopefully.

This is a toughie, Aberdeen, Filth and YB, none of which we won, now third place Motherwell after an energy sapping game against YB, and we can’t afford to rest anyone, it’s possibly the hardest run of games since the end of 2008.

Take it you never seen the game on Thursday team where out in there feet! We have a big squad got to start using the players we have!

so your answer to not playing players who maybe a touch fatigued is to play players who are massively flattering to deceive (Ojo) to others that have next to no game time under their belt (Halliday,Stewart)

Motherwell are gunna come right out of the blocks at us, we need our strongest 11 to get the job done as quickly as possible, then we can replace tired legs hopefully in the second half.

Mentality will be the key for us today. Can’t remember who said football is 90% mentality and 10% skill, probably Shankly and told again by Souness, but we need a winning mentality in the team. A Souness type character to drag us over the line when it gets tough. I expect it will be tough today again. This is not for the likes of Ojo. I’d put in Stewart if available. Three points essential to keep the pressure on.

Too much misplaced commentary put upon fatigue and tiredness when players play 3 games or so in a week. They are professional athletes who have the best of everything their mind and body requires to recover in a short period of time.

It's more the knocks, aches and strains that are concerning and difficult to recover from in time. As long as they are healthy physically and are not burdened by an issue that'll impact how they move and compete then you start your strongest team, after tactics are taken into account of course.

You know what if they are good enough and are determined to win it then we will the only thing that we can't beat is the officials.

This is a toughie, Aberdeen, Filth and YB, none of which we won, now third place Motherwell after an energy sapping game against YB, and we can’t afford to rest anyone, it’s possibly the hardest run of games since the end of 2008.
Yup, and that we’ve not won one of the games is setting off alarm bells

Next 2 weeks, 4 games, will determine our season, 10 points out of 12 and we will be in ok shape, anything less leaves us with a big mountain to climb

This will be a really tough game today, we need the 3 points desperately

Right Rangers don't get drawn down to the hammer-throwers level of football, hopefully we get a bit of protection from the officials(yeah right) as we all know what motherwell are like, get the job done; 3 points and get out of there unscathed and injury free.

Back