Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
L0yZdBq.png

Reading posts on their forum it seems their second choice goalie (Gillespie) isn’t going to make it. Carson, the first choice has been out for a while. So it will be the youngster, Ferguson, in goal for them by all accounts.

I still expect a tough game. They have some dangerous young players. Turnbull, Hastie and Ariyibi in particular.

They haven’t beaten us in 42 league matches. Hope I’m not tempting fate posting that.:eek:

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Motherwell are in decent form, it won't be easy, but we can see them off.

It would be nice to go onto a wee run of wins, 2-0 tomorrow would be great,

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Games against these thugs in their own midden are usually tough. It’s a cup final for them and their sh!tty home support.
I fully expect The Rangers to leave with 3 points and Jermaine Defoe to get on the score sheet.
Get intae them Rangers !

Reading posts on their forum it seems their second choice goalie (Gillespie) isn’t going to make it. Carson, the first choice has been out for a while. So it will be the youngster, Ferguson, in goal for them by all accounts.

I still expect a tough game. They have some dangerous young players. Turnbull, Hastie and Ariyibi in particular.

They haven’t beaten us in 42 league matches. Hope I’m not tempting fate posting that.:eek:

I saw this on twitter, some young third choice will be in nets for them - doesn't mean anything really, as you say, it'll still be a tough game.

We have 6 tough games to close the season.
Let's see an impressive winning run to send us into the close season with optimism.

Greegs
Tav Goldson Katic Flan
Kamara McC/Jack
Arfield.....................Davis
Grezda
Defoe​
Grezda free role.

Halliday and Jack will start I suspect - and Worrall, if fit. Grezda, Flanagan and Katic dropping out of the team you’ve posted.

No reason to drop Flanagan, he's a better defender than Halliday and played well in midweek. Thought Worrall was injured? The league is over, we might as well see what Grezda is about.

No reason to drop Flanagan, he's a better defender than Halliday and played well in midweek. Thought Worrall was injured? The league is over, we might as well see what Grezda is about.

When either of Barisic or Halliday have been available Flanagan hasn’t had a sniff. He did play fairly well against Hearts but it will be back to the bench.

Worrall injury may or may not keep him out. Not heard any word on it.

I think Candeias comes in for Kent and Arfield switches from right or left.

Grezda will get his chances in the home games I think.

A few might get a shock tommorow if they've not been paying attention to Motherwell. They're not really the thugs and 3-5-2 hoofball merchants they were with Bowman gone, Hartley McHugh Sammon and Carson not playing. The midfield 3 are all good technical footballers with 2 rapid wingers in a 4-3-3. Won their last 5 at home and we're the only team to score more than once in a league game at Fir Park all season.

Hope Flanagan keeps his place.

Motherwell are a bunch of hammerthrowers and we could do with someone like Flanagan who isn't afraid to put the boot in himself.

A few might get a shock tommorow if they've not been paying attention to Motherwell. They're not really the thugs and 3-5-2 hoofball merchants they were with Bowman gone, Hartley McHugh Sammon and Carson not playing. The midfield 3 are all good technical footballers with 2 rapid wingers in a 4-3-3. Won their last 5 at home and we're the only team to score more than once in a league game at Fir Park all season.

They play a completely different game now. They will try and hit us down the wings with Hastie and Ariyibi. Tav and Halliday will need to be on their game and someone will need to keep a close watch on their best player, David Turnbull (whom we should have signed in January. Missed opportunity).

Those expecting hammer throwers will be in for a shock.

They play a completely different game now. They will try and hit us down the wings with Hastie and Ariyibi. Tav and Halliday will need to be on their game and someone will need to keep a close watch on their best player, David Turnbull (whom we should have signed in January. Missed opportunity).

Exactly why I expect Flanagan to start at left back. If we are playing 4321 again then the flanks are more exposed to their main threats down either wing than when we go 433. Can't play both tav and ah against that formation. Flanagan will tuck in when tav goes on his mazies allowing goldson to cover behind him if exposed. Also him being right footed is a defensive benefit in this match when up against hastie who will always cut in on his left foot. I'd also expect candeias to start instead of Grezda to help out tav defensively down his side when required. Candeias for Kent will be only change imo unless worrall doesn't make it in which case katic will also start.

2-1 to us.Hard slogged out win as it always is against these hammer throwing thug, thicko, non football playing cloggers.

Tough game but if we play our football will have enough to win 3-1. See no reason to change team, Lafferty for Kent only change unless there are injuries.

If Worrall passes his fitness test, then the only spot up for grabs is who replaces Kent?

The team played really well the other night in the new formation.

It's probably between Candeias, Grezda and Lafferty, with Candeias probably getting the nod.

Pity Murphy isn't fit, as that position would suit him perfectly.

Looking forward to heading over and expect a 2 goal victory margin.

Exactly why I expect Flanagan to start at left back. If we are playing 4321 again then the flanks are more exposed to their main threats down either wing than when we go 433. Can't play both tav and ah against that formation. Flanagan will tuck in when tav goes on his mazies allowing goldson to cover behind him if exposed. Also him being right footed is a defensive benefit in this match when up against hastie who will always cut in on his left foot. I'd also expect candeias to start instead of Grezda to help out tav defensively down his side when required. Candeias for Kent will be only change imo unless worrall doesn't make it in which case katic will also start.

I actually agree with most of what you say, particularly the point about the right-footed Flanagan to deal with Hastie cutting in. Nevertheless, in terms of pace Halliday is better placed to cope with Hastie. I still think Halliday will get the nod. Barring injury I too think it will be Candeias for Kent.

Defoe to play so well he gives Gerrard a selection headache in a couple if weeks. If Morelos is going to improve as a player he HAS to learn to play with someone in and around him. That's what City or Liverpool or Barca have.

A tough 2-1 victory for rangers, lets go undefeated until the end of the season boys.
It will send out a message for next season.

A tough 2-1 victory for rangers, lets go undefeated until the end of the season boys.
It will send out a message for next season.

Saw someone post earlier that only one team has scored more than a single goal against them in a league match at Fir Park. Hope we can do it again - but without conceding this time.

This will be a hard game, their home record is very good and they have become a far more youthful attacking team.

Only 5 points in front of Killie and Aberdeen with 5 more hard games to come. Defeat not an option.

The only reason it may be a tad difficult is because the oppposition are neanderthals in the way they have hacked our team down consistently in recent times. I want us to score as many as we can but keep it tight at the back.

This will be a hard game, their home record is very good and they have become a far more youthful attacking team.

Only 5 points in front of Killie and Aberdeen with 5 more hard games to come. Defeat not an

Only 5 points in front of Killie and Aberdeen with 5 more hard games to come. Defeat not an option.
I think they'll come out to play so it should be a good game. Hopefully finishes 11 vs 11 and we aren't talking about the ref again. Not a lot to ask is it?

We'll see.

They all revert to type against Rangers.

I'd love it personally if they came out and tried to take us on in a football match but I highly doubt they will.

Back