Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

really solid display and crucially kept the ball down and didn't get involved in a battle

extra midfielder making all the difference

Starting to hit a bit form a couple months too late though.

Could at win next week at Tynecastle on Saturday put the pressure on the Crash Barriers on Sunday at Easter Road or am I believing too much like Big Marvin :D
It’s very small measures that make big differences. Ryan Jack takes that chance, we walk away from there with three points, seven points behind and it’s game on. The rest is history.

Great result without our two strongest attacking options this season against a team with a good home record as of late.

Only negative is Defoe's goal being wrongly chopped off as he deserved one for his selflessness.
Confident of ending the season strongly now.

Scott Arfield puts me very much in mind of Alex MacDonald in the way he times his runs to get beyond our front men, not saying he's better than Alex was but imo he's a vital part of the team.
Maybe that’s why I like him so much and you’re not a million miles away with that comparison.

Let's keep it real.

Wee Doddie's one of the greatest players ever to pull on a Rangers shirt.
Where did i say that Arfield was better in any way than MacDonald? I know how good Alex was so i'd like you to show where i said Arfield was near Alex as a a player. His runs beyond our main striker remind me of MacDonald, not that he's anywhere near him as a player.

Good performance today. Arfield was excellent though, a wonderful performance all in and 3 good goals. Defoe played well today as well - linked up well with the others in attack.

It really annoys and frustrates just how much better than Worrall Katic is though. There is no way on Earth Worrall should start ahead of Katic if he's fit. If we've made some stupid arrangement that see Worrall having to play then that's daft but next season Katic needs to feature every game.

Flanagan had a good performance as well. Didn't hold back on his tackles and was very difficult to get by.

Kamara again looks a good midfielder. Wasn't his best performance today but he still done fairly well. Davis was great in midfield - really coming onto a game in the final games. Would like to see him around the squad next season as well.

Good win against a bunch of hammer throwers that are normally very difficult to play against, especially on their home soil.

The SPFL and SFA need to hammer Motherwell though. Every time we play against them their fans do something towards one of our players. Throwing lighters, coins, bits of food and goodness knows what else at Tavernier is not on and they should have their baws booted for it.

Very well thought out, take away the SPFL top goalscorer from his position to play him wide right, therefore nullifying our goal threat.

Was thinking more inside right in a front 3. How is having Defoe and Morelos and Kent or arfield all playing in a 3 Nullifying our goal threat?

Was thinking more inside right in a front 3. How is having Defoe and Morelos and Kent or arfield all playing in a 3 Nullifying our goal threat?
I can see what you're saying, however your initial post was about Morelos taking over Candeis's position which to all intents and purposes is a right wide player, something that Morelos could never be, imo.

Great result without our two strongest attacking options this season against a team with a good home record as of late.

Only negative is Defoe's goal being wrongly chopped off as he deserved one for his selflessness.
Confident of ending the season strongly now.

And of course the official BBC Report by Scott Mullen ignored it.
Funny how these decisions are ignored by the media & Alfies offside goal at Tynecastle was highlighted for days ?

I can see what you're saying, however your initial post was about Morelos taking over Candeis's position which to all intents and purposes is a right wide player, something that Morelos could never be, imo.

I meant from today I thought we were playing a narrow 4 3 3 correct me if I am wrong. Anyway I thought Candeias was our weak link generally today (and I love Candeias)

Really professional performance from start to finish.

This was a team that had not lost a goal in their last four home games and won the last five.

Even although Motherwell started the better they didn`t really trouble us much. Performances like that is what you need to win leagues so heres hoping that is the kind of performance that we put in regularly next season.

Arfield was excellent and really pleased for him as I think he is a very good player.

And of course the official BBC Report by Scott Mullen ignored it.
Funny how these decisions are ignored by the media & Alfies offside goal at Tynecastle was highlighted for days ?
Must be another honest mistake. Should've been able to squeeze it into "Motherwell, again, made a bright start after the interval. However, the game was over after 60 minutes.".

Same with "Just prior to that, play was briefly halted as an object landed near Tavernier when attempting to take a throw-in. " as if a lighter miraculously fell from the sky.

Must be another honest mistake. Should've been able to squeeze it into "Motherwell, again, made a bright start after the interval. However, the game was over after 60 minutes.".

Same with "Just prior to that, play was briefly halted as an object landed near Tavernier when attempting to take a throw-in. " as if a lighter miraculously fell from the sky.

Some of them seem to ignore anything that goes against Rangers mate.

Correct, was played well on. Got to say though I thought the ref, and I know there was a thread on last night slating him, had a very good game. There were a good few hard but fair challenges by us today that other refs would have given as fouls. Credit where it's due.

I agree.

In fairness, the linesman was the cocksucker here.

Like you, I thought the ref had a really decent game.

still hurts knowing we should of been going into the split 5 points behind with the mentally challengeds to play at Ibrox ffs

Good performance today. Arfield was excellent though, a wonderful performance all in and 3 good goals. Defoe played well today as well - linked up well with the others in attack.

It really annoys and frustrates just how much better than Worrall Katic is though. There is no way on Earth Worrall should start ahead of Katic if he's fit. If we've made some stupid arrangement that see Worrall having to play then that's daft but next season Katic needs to feature every game.

Flanagan had a good performance as well. Didn't hold back on his tackles and was very difficult to get by.

Kamara again looks a good midfielder. Wasn't his best performance today but he still done fairly well. Davis was great in midfield - really coming onto a game in the final games. Would like to see him around the squad next season as well.

Good win against a bunch of hammer throwers that are normally very difficult to play against, especially on their home soil.

The SPFL and SFA need to hammer Motherwell though. Every time we play against them their fans do something towards one of our players. Throwing lighters, coins, bits of food and goodness knows what else at Tavernier is not on and they should have their baws booted for it.

They should have left the lighter for plod to pick up and test for finger prints you never know they might have shown up on a data base for prints.

Sorry but anyone who says Ryan Jack is just ok is watching a different game from me. He ran miles today and his selfless running from midfield and shutting down created the second goal.
Give the boy a break. Yeah he has had the odd poor game (who hasn’t) but over the course of the season he has not let us down in effort or ability.

Good, solid victory. Wasn't spectacular but did the basics well, especially pressing at the right times and breaking quickly.

Good solid win today. We defended well, and scored goals at crucial points in the game. I liked the movement of Arfield & Defoe up front and there’s obviously little doubt about the MOTM. That said the captain also put in a great shift today, particular in defence. He total denied Motherwell any options on their left flank. Another mention to Katic, coming in front the cold, he took no chances and snuffed out everything Motherwell tried in the box. Good team performance all round with no real failuress

Unfortunately couldn't see the game today but just saw the goals.

Crocker sounds absolutely devastated.

Bit concerned for 15 mins at the start but then we started playing and was great to watch.
Thought the ref had a good game. Not his fault for the Defoe goal that was the linesman.
We also got about them today and a fair number of them ended up on the ground looking sorry for themselves. Keep this up and we will close the gap on the darkside.

Hard place of late to come and get a result, well done rangers, good solid performance, let's keep it going.!!!

I also think katic is due a bit of credit where that absolute lump was continually trying to assault him

didn't react just got on with it

alfredo take note

Playing a much more narrow front 3 has done us well the past few games. We were decent today, good composure after a strong start by them, and scored 3 quality goals. If I was picky I would have asked for more minutes for Laff and Grezda.

The fact that Murderwell had so much possession but McGregor hardly had a save to make shows the defence / defensive midfielders deserve a lot of credit.

Starting to hit a bit form a couple months too late though.

Could at win next week at Tynecastle on Saturday put the pressure on the Crash Barriers on Sunday at Easter Road or am I believing too much like Big Marvin :D

Well big Hayley at the end said we are winning the BATTLE for second . Hmmmm wit battle .

Back