Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Superb.

Really excellent display today, especially Arfield and Defoe linking so well up front.

Davis gives us so much composure in midfield, as well as Kamara's energy and touches of class in midfield being so important. Jack also looked solid in there today.

A most satisfying day all round, spoiled only by another cocksucking refereeing decision denying us another stonewall onside goal. Very harsh on Defoe, who deserved a goal today.

This team should be our starting 11 until season ends apart from one, Kent for Candieas.

That back 4 is our best defence, midfield is solid and with Arfield creating and scoring brings the quality to win games.
I think Defoe has earned the striker role and shouldn’t lose it.

Very good team performance today.

Arfield obviously MOM, but special praise for Flannagan.

no complaints there did what was required and got the job done without much difficulty,looked to have a far better shape and balance than we have had at times this season

I'm a huge fan of RTV, especially since I moved further from Ibrox.....annoying though they never know the amount of injury time. Not critical to know in a game like todays but surely they can be better informed, esp in the tight games.

Good routine win, played some really nice stuff as well.

More of the same before the end of the season please.

Strolled it. If I was being greedy and this was earlier in the season I’d have been disappointed it wasn’t 5 today, we still occasionally let teams off a bit. But a solid, relaxed, controlled, professional performance.

Tell you what.....

Arfield wasn't getting a hat-trick today if that was Alfie instead of Defoe at the third goal.

No danger Morelos was passing that...:))

That was a good all round team performance, Flannagan, Katic and especially Davis did very well given their limited game time recently

Solid performance all round today. Perfect way to beat hammer throwers is to keep the ball and pass round them. Had them chasing shadows most of the match. Jack arfield and kamara all played great in Midfield.

Job well done today Rangers. Defoe should really have made it 4 though !!

Some good performances throughout, thought Davis was very composed in the middle.

Starting to hit a bit form a couple months too late though.

Could at win next week at Tynecastle on Saturday put the pressure on the Crash Barriers on Sunday at Easter Road or am I believing too much like Big Marvin :D
At least make them work for it is all we can do just now.

My apologies to Jon Flanagan for doubting him earlier in the thread.
He was solid as a rock today, concentrated on defending and did it well.

From BBC Scotland website

With 15 minutes remaining, Rangers will reduce Celtic's lead at the top of the Premiership to 11 points. James Scott replaces Jake Hastie for the hosts.

It might have been different had Hastie taken one of his earlier chances at Fir Park...

Must be me, I can't remember those earlier chances.
It might have been a different report it they weren’t bhigotted mentally challengeds.

What happened with Tav and pyro?
The lighters (plural) thrown at him first half? Be in the refs report, small fine and Motherwell will tell us they will try and find the culprit. Scotland's finest too busy 10 yards away watching the big bad Rangers fans

Superb.

Really excellent display today, especially Arfield and Defoe linking so well up front.

Davis gives us so much composure in midfield, as well as Kamara's energy and touches of class in midfield being so important. Jack also oooked solid in there today.

A most satisfying day all round, spoiled only by another cocksucking refereeing decision denying us another stonewall onside goal. Very harsh on Defoe, who deserved a goal today.

Correct, was played well on. Got to say though I thought the ref, and I know there was a thread on last night slating him, had a very good game. There were a good few hard but fair challenges by us today that other refs would have given as fouls. Credit where it's due.

A solid performance and good result. Motherwell haven't lost at home in the league this year until today.

I'm enjoying this too much, so just to torture myself, does anyone know the odds on an Arfield hat trick today?

Happy with that. Katic should keep the jersey until the end of the season (slightly biased) and it is possible you might see the best of the former HNL lads next season ;)

Good solid team performance,3 points in the bag.
Hatrick for Arfield, all in all good day at the office.

A fine day's work.

Swap Ryan Kent for Candeias and I think that's our team between now and the end of the season.

The back 4 looks stronger, for me, with Katic and Flanagan in it, playing 4 central midfielders (Jack, Davis, Kamara and Arfield) has given us more control in there last few games and has been a refreshing change from our usual reliance on wing play to create chances.

Morelos is a good player but it had almost started becoming a side show and distraction as our games got bogged down in the opposition targeting him and trying to get him sent off.

As for this 'new Motherwell'. They're still turgid shit kickers. Main throwing his elbows about like Connor McGregor - Aldrid, Tait, Grimshaw. They're still just a team of route one cloggers. As for Hastie and Turnbull I'm struggling to see what all the hype is about.

Controlled 2nd half. Almost a training session, such was the complete domination by us. The wee weans in the far corner soon shutup. I’d like to know who the near side linesman was - called Defoe offside when he was clearly on. The same guy allowed ’Well to play on in the first half when the guy was clearly offside. There were a couple of small decisions going against us. Small gripes. Overall, 3 points, no injuries, no sending offs and no goals conceded. A formation to be used on occasions.

Flanagan gas been excellent defensively, one switch off with the supposed next big thing Hastie and he recovered well. As tidy a performance as we've seen from him since the early Euro ties! hats off wee man, won every header and snapped into every tackle.

His lack of any pace worries me at times but he seems to enjoy the physical side of the game and never holds back, ideal type of player to face the likes of Murderwell. Bar the one you mentioned he was very solid indeed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3ivptYWkAAyoWD?format=jpg&name=large
D3ivptYWkAAyoWD

Where’s the banger that created the thread last night (“to those who say no to grezda”) who assured us that we know fück all and that he’d prove us wrong as he was starting today?

Get this cünt in the bullshït list o_O

Scott Arfield puts me very much in mind of Alex MacDonald in the way he times his runs to get beyond our front men, not saying he's better than Alex was but imo he's a vital part of the team.

A solid performance and good result. Motherwell haven't lost at home in the league this year until today.

Not only that but its the first time in a home league match that they have conceded more then one goal - since they last played us at FP.

Great result, average performance I though. Long time since I've seen a Motherwell defence play so poorly. You can only beat what's put in front of you though and we did that with ease.

Good solid team performance today even the ref had a decent game, apart from a couple of scary moments in the 1st half involving Katic,Arfield & Defoe up front seems to work relly well thank god Defoe is NOT selfish and the midfield of Davis Kamara and Jack worked really well a special mention to Candeias who worked extremely hard for the team. Very satisfying afternoon.

Back