MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 12:00 - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I know emotions are always high after a game, especially after we drop points but you are taking absolute shite.

Take time away to reflect and you will realise the players were "trying" and should have won the game based on second half chance alone.....
Sorry, too many of the players were just plain lazy on their movement. Giving up on balls, lazy passing and an absolutely refusal to close the ball down.

We didn't win that game because our defence was frighteningly bad - Motherwell strolled right through them for their goal and had a couple of chances like that again that they failed to take a chance on.

As for us having chances. Yes, we did better as the game was ending and were unlucky not to get a goal late on.

It was a very lacklustre performance which has been the case for the last couple of weeks. It hasn't been pretty but we got the results. Today we got a draw. Keep playing like that and someone will take the win.

So, how about trying some other players for a bit. Perhaps they're just tired. I mean, Kent has been very, very poor. I know he can change a game with a single moment but it just doesn't look like coming. There is standing by a player and there is just letting them take the mickey a bit.

We didn't lose. That is good. We shouldn't even be worrying about beating Motherwell - a truly horrific football team. One of the worst I've ever seen play. Their entire game is about slowing everything down, time wasting and on a regular occasion thuggery - we should be beating them and beating them well.

Anyway, onwards to the next game and hopefully a more fluid and better performance coupled with a win.

For me it is the way we lost two points. First half we looked lazy and could not match their work rate. Second half was better but Defoe and Itten should have been on much earlier. What is the point of Barker coming on for 4 minutes. Doubt he touched the ball.
Why spend time in our half passing back and sideways ...get the ball forward quickly to feet and not always out to the wing. Both Defoe and Morelos can pick up balls through the middle on the ground.
Anyway if we beat Ross County and Hibs then we are back on track and I expect we will.
Having done really well its hard to take when the team we played were at the bottom of the league and for spells looked better than us. We cant win every game so maybe that is the last we will not win for the rest of the season.

Missed the game due to work but lost no ground and a game nearer to 55.

I guess to feel gutted is unreasonable. Or even a good thing as it shows the level of expectation we now have. But I'm still very disappointed. Davis played well, again.

a week closer to 55 without losing any ground
we cant win every week, remember we are without jack, arfield and roofe
this is going to be a great summer guys
Played poorly but status quo maintained. I will take that. Onto the next one. Gaffer will have them ready. This team have earned a wee bit of trust. We can't win every game. Let's be realistic bears. Unbeaten and 21 Pts clear. It's still phenomenal.

I'm more than aware of how many games we have won and our points tally. For me the performance TODAY was a disgrace, it was laboured and slow, and too many players all having a very poor game all at the same time.

We should have come out of the tramps and continued to build on the points we have and keep piling the pressure on Celtic.

Dropping points to a team who haven't won a game since October should be unacceptable, imo. The League was all but done today with a 23 points gap. They were never coming back from that.

Far too often teams who traditionally park the bus get one chance and score. That's not acceptable and the concentration must be higher for 90 minutes.

Again we dominated but thats not enough if we can't break down shite like murderwell. Kent seemed to be out of sorts again, maybe a spell on the bench would rejuvenate him, a couple of good opportunities to put the ball into dangerous areas but the ball inexplicably runs out of play with his lack of control.

Anyway, no harm done with the scum drawing yesterday, their support will be far more upset today than us...every cloud has a silver lining.

Write this weekend off, chalk it up to misfiring and move on, a wee kick up the arse for the management and players, if one is needed.

I'm more than aware of how many games we have won and our points tally. For me the performance TODAY was a disgrace, it was laboured and slow, and too many players all having a very poor game all at the same time.

We should have come out of the tramps and continued to build on the points we have and keep piling the pressure on Celtic.
It honestly wasnt a disgrace by any stretch. It wasnt great. It was poor even. Calling it a disgrace is exaggerating.

And what about the 'we need players who want to keep winning games' nonsense? You think Gerrard and the players got together and decided just to fck the game straight in the bin? And 21 points in front isnt pressure on Celtc? Weve dropped points for the first time in months and theyre no closer to us after it.

This isnt a position weve been in much this season and i was genuinely expecting a shrug of the shoulders from everyone, refocus on what were aiming for and get ready for Ross County.

Sure it was a disappointing result, but it is unrealistic to expect to go through a full season without the occasional slip up. I thought that we played well enough today in the second half up until around their box. I certainly saw nothing to suggest that we can possibly throw away our lead. In fact I think the points difference will increase over the coming weeks. Over the last few games we have toiled a little bit, coinciding with a couple of injuries that have limited our choices in midfield. Davis is working miracles playing week in week out but couldreally do with Ryan Jack for rotation or cover. I also think that Arfield is a bigger miss than some people give him credit for. Today was a minor hiccup and just like when we drew with Livingston and hibs I fully expect us to regroup and reckon that we will win the league by a minimum of 12 points. If anybody had predicted where we would be right now, at the start of the season, they would have been certified as mentally insane. What a fantastic season we are having both home and abroad. In over 45 years of following rangers this has been one of the better times to be a bluenose and long may it continue

We weren't great today but we deserved to win the game. Poor first half, much better second half though probably didn't create enough.

Was bound to happen eventually and now that it has, i'm glad it's happened on a weekend when they have already played and dropped points, which limits any harm we've done ourselves.

The overreaction from some is as embarrassing as it is predictable.

Have to agree no idea why. Thought Kent looked miles off is he struggling with being away from home and dealing with the COVID19 Marshall Law regulations? Looks really ‘down’ as well.

A thought that the Tims were Kings of virtue signallers, today some of our support are ridiculous about todays game. Look what we have been through the last twenty years yes some success there but 2012 onwards tough to take but this season never seen a rangers team do what these guys are doing. Undeafeted in the league AND Europe 21 point cushion over them, and armafuckngeddon over a draw wae a team that would give their 80s teams a red neck. Honestly some folk need a good hard look at themselves. For what it's worth am so proud of our team and thank them from the bottom of my heart love our club. Mon the Rangers

We sadly have far too many bedwetters in our support who expect - nay DEMAND - that we win every single game we play! And even whinge sometimes when we WIN.
Dropped our first two points in the last 48 today - result - meltdown.

With respect fellow Bears Get a Grip. The league is done and dusted.

My only worry about us not winning Title no 55 though is if our corrupt SPFL/SFA decide to null and void the season - in the interests of 'safety' but we all know their REAL reasons for wanting it void.

It honestly wasnt a disgrace by any stretch. It wasnt great. It was poor even. Calling it a disgrace is exaggerating.

And what about the 'we need players who want to keep winning games' nonsense? You think Gerrard and the players got together and decided just to fck the game straight in the bin? And 21 points in front isnt pressure on Celtc? Weve dropped points for the first time in months and theyre no closer to us after it.

This isnt a position weve been in much this season and i was genuinely expecting a shrug of the shoulders from everyone, refocus on what were aiming for and get ready for Ross County.
For me, yes it as a disgraceful performance. football is also about psychology and having that mentality and psychological edge over your nearest rivals so, if we won well today and the league was over. Of course, I don't think, the players decided to get together and mess up, but, it's all about constantly having that winner's mentality if you want to win leagues and cups.

yes, we are in the best position we have been in for a good while, but as I have said more than a few times now, any points dropped by us will give them a glint of hope and they should have had zero hope tonight.. nothing at all. that's the difference!

For me, yes it as a disgraceful performance. football is also about psychology and having that mentality and psychological edge over your nearest rivals so, if we won well today and the league was over. Of course, I don't think, the players decided to get together and mess up, but, it's all about constantly having that winner's mentality if you want to win leagues and cups.

yes, we are in the best position we have been in for a good while, but as I have said more than a few times now, any points dropped by us will give them a glint of hope and they should have had zero hope tonight.. nothing at all. that's the difference!
We arent going to win every game, no matter what you think the players mentality is. They mustve had a winners mentality to win the games all the other weeks Celtc dropped points then? But they dont this week?

Celtc arent any closer to us after our first dropped points in months. How is that hope? We were due to drop points just through the law of averages and its actually a bonus weve done it the same weekend they also dropped points. Were no worse off.

We arent going to win every game, no matter what you think the players mentality is. They mustve had a winners mentality to win the games all the other weeks Celtc dropped points then? But they dont this week?

Celtc arent any closer to us after our first dropped points in months. How is that hope? We were due to drop points just through the law of averages and its actually a bonus weve done it the same weekend they also dropped points. Were no worse off.
" we were due to drop points" ! great attitude!

A “disgraceful” performance would have been losing 3-0. A 1-1 draw at Fir Park when we’ve gone the league unbeaten is so far from a disgrace in my eyes.

Folk genuinely need to calm down.
It is a disgraceful Perfomance to a team that hasn't won a match since Oct and who today were sitting bottom of the league table.

We should have come out of the traps and continued to build on the points we have and keep piling the pressure on Celtic.
Ever find your self sitting near one of those loon balls who start shouting and screaming form minute 1, unless of course we've scored.
I honestly believe that sort don't actually like football much less appreciate or understand it.
Funnily enough they are often in their seat just as the games is kicking off, or later and almost a stick on to leave @78 minutes. They must miss many goals.

" we were due to drop points" ! great attitude!
Its nothing to do with attitude. You dont win every game every season, you will drop points through the season. Its just a fact.

After winning 15 games in a row, the law of averages means it was likely to happen soon. We will probably drop more points this season, thats football. Hopefully its after another long winning streak.

Ever find your self sitting near one of those loon balls who start shouting and screaming form minute 1, unless of course we've scored.
I honestly believe that sort don't actually like football much less appreciate or understand it.
Funnily enough they are often in their seat just as the games is kicking off, or later and almost a stick on to leave @78 minutes. They must miss many goals.
I apologize for expecting the team to perform well against a bottom-of-the-table team that hasn't won since Oct! I know, it was expecting too much to win against a team that we are 47 points ahead in the league table. Its is disgraceful and I was expecting too much from our players today.

I also sit in my seat and don't scream abuse at any of our players.

I apologize for expecting the team to perform well against a bottom-of-the-table team that hasn't won since Oct! I know, it was expecting too much to win against a team that we are 47 points ahead in the league table. Its is disgraceful and I was expecting too much from our players today.

I also sit in my seat and don't scream abuse at any of our players.
Wasn't suggesting that you would.

Lacklustre performance and a poor result. The first half last week aside we haven’t been at our best recently. We need to buck up our ideas and get our act together ahead of the Antwerp game.

I’m not so much disappointed at the dropped points but at how lethargic we looked and the fact that once again we laboured in front of goal. We really need to try to rediscover our early season form and win this title in style. There were glimpses last week, but today was poor again

I’m content to put today down to a bad day at the office against a tricky opponent and hope the gaffer can use the Ross County game to get us back to our best and on top form for Hibs and we’ll take it from there

Still undefeated. No harm done

All the arseholes saying its a disgrace need to have a word with themselves

We have some absolute rockets amongst our support

It mid January and were still undefeated

We should have come out of the traps and continued to build on the points we have and keep piling the pressure on Celtic.
Ramp up the drama a wee bit more

He is the loonball :D

I must be for expecting us to beat a team we are 47 points ahead in the table.. I was clearly nuts to think we would do that.
Most of the time we would do that, it wouldnt feel like a shock if it happened often. A basically full strength Bayern Munich team were knocked out the cup midweek by a team sitting 11th in the 2nd division.

It happens. Football isnt played on paper.

Although we gained nothing we haven't lost anything. Plus its another game to tick off, closer to 55

Have to agree no idea why. Thought Kent looked miles off is he struggling with being away from home and dealing with the COVID19 Marshall Law regulations? Looks really ‘down’ as well.
Fair bit of baseless speculation there, mate. How come it wasn't affecting him last week if that was the case?

If he did look 'down' it was probably due to not having his best 90.

There lies the problem with our support.

You make one mistake and the rest of your contribution goes unnoticed.
It’s been more than one (crucial) mistake and i don’t think his overall contribution has been up to scratch either.

Although we gained nothing we haven't lost anything. Plus its another game to tick off, closer to 55
Agreed, a positive spin, we were not going to win every remaining game and were without Roofe, Jack & Arfield.

Frustratingly however, the ridiculous first half performance meant we lost a golden opportunity to take 3 points from the bottom team and pile the pressure on for Wednesday. Why on earth was that first half so poor? - you'd think they'd go out all guns blazing, get right on top of Motherwell & get it won early. Instead we got sluggish, sloppy & going through the motions

After the collapse of the last 2 seasons, it's understandable that any setback gets the nerves jangling as it's easy to think "here we go - we're blowing it again".

I know it's not a popular view but we thought the league cup was a shoe-in yet we have still won nothing, and this team still has me worried on days like today.

Fair bit of baseless speculation there, mate. How come it wasn't affecting him last week if that was the case?

If he did look 'down' it was probably due to not having his best 90.
Personally I didn’t think he was particularly good v sheep either. It wasn’t speculation just my own opinion. The lad looks pretty down. If I’m wrong I’m wrong.

Alexander talks about being cheated out of winning first 2 games.. He's picked up the victim pish talk quickly..

Personally I didn’t think he was particularly good v sheep either. It wasn’t speculation just my own opinion. The lad looks pretty down. If I’m wrong I’m wrong.
Yeah I just meant you were speculating, not that it was internet rumours or anything.

I think he knows he could be in better form, I'm sure it'll come.

Back