Moult, Mclean & Morgan

Sausage Boy

Told today that these are our 3 leading targets for the January window. We won't be pursuing Jamie Walker after his latest remarks.

For me, Big Louie would be a cracking signing. He would bring goals and a real physical presence we just don't have at the moment.

Can't say I'd be unhappy with any of these three.

I do feel that we need to go with established and promising top-flight players now.

It might not be palatable to some but it's been proven a solid strategy over the years in our game.

I would like Moult.
The sheep were strongly interested in him too.This would be a good player for them and would go against us.

I like Moult and think he's a good player, But any of those mentioned won't give us the quality required to challenge, We need much better quality than this.

I doubt very much we have changed our mind on a player based on a throw away comment.

The rumour mill in Glasgow really is ridiculous at times.

I like Moult and think he's a good player, But any of those mentioned won't give us the quality required to challenge, We need much better quality than this.

This for me. In normal circumstances guys like Moult would be fine as a squad player, but realistically we have a squad of squad players and what we desperately lack is 2 or 3 real game changing quality players.

Told by whom? :) Can see a few championship clubs in for McLean, don't see Aberdeen being easy to deal with, would take Moult, need another goal scorer.

This for me. In normal circumstances guys like Moult would be fine as a squad player, but realistically we have a squad of squad players and what we desperately lack is 2 or 3 real game changing quality players.
To put it into perspective, Moult we could have got for maybe ÂŁ500k Herrera cost us ÂŁ1.5m Buying Moult would have saved us ÂŁ1m and in my own opinion we would have got a better player who knows the Scottish game and scores goals.

These guys might see us through to 2nd place this season and/or next.

Yippee, can’t wait for the sequel!!!

If wee bring in moult we either play him or Morelos. If we do, we’d be strengthening the squad,not necessarily the team.

McLean might toughen us up, but creativity/mentality who knows? The main significance here is not us signing a player, but is us weakening our opposition (if it happens).

Morgan - young st Mirren lad doing well in the championship like Wagy/Halliday/holt..... Maybe strengthen the squad but not so much the team.

These guys won’t help us capture #55 but might help us step towards 2nd place.

So what can us fans do about that?

We will need to over pay for Mclean if we want him before the summer

Don't mind Moult if we let Miller go

Morgan, No thanks, We have enough of average players

I'm not a fan of Moult. Don't think he's any better than Waghorn or Garner. But if he signs, I hope he proves me wrong.

I reckon we'll have numerous targets. Declan John came out of nowhere as such, and Mark Allen will be working on that side of things already.

Not this crap about moult again

He is not better than what we have

Nadir ciftci was rattling the goals in for Dundee hibs. And where is he now? Plymouth argyle!

So the OP was 'told' by a guy on the bus or fat bloke down the pub and we should all bite? Oh dear o_O

Aberdeen & Hibs for starters. If he continues to bang in the goals don't rule out the mhanky mhob.

2vumzhg.jpg[

Moult and McLean = squad players.

We need to improve the first 11. Adding average Scottish Premiership players won't make us any better.

We've better options than the above two already.

OR......... possibly the OP was speaking to a Scottish player we signed in the last window?
Do you honestly think the DOF and others close to him go around telling all the staff at Ibrox who we'll be chasing in the next window,who then tell every Tom, Dick and Gullible? It would be extremely foolish if they do.

="CaptainCourageous, post: 237150, member: 193"]Moult and McLean = squad players.

We need to improve the first 11. Adding average Scottish Premiership players won't make us any better.

We've better options than the above two already.[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure we have.

World beaters they are not, but they know the Scottish game and have been twp of the most outstanding performers in our league. Both would immediately improve our starting 11.

Do you honestly think the DOF and others close to him go around telling all the staff at Ibrox who we'll be chasing in the next window,who then tell every Tom Dick and Gullible. It would be extremely foolish if they do

Of course they don't! But the players pick up on who we're looking to bring in and thee positions we're looking to strengthen.

I am glad I am not the only person to not have a clue who Morgan is.

I agree with the sentiment Moult, Walker and McLean would only improve the squad, not the first 11. We need to be finding 2 or 3 more like Morelos out there

Back