Moult, Mclean & Morgan

Would be happy with all 3 of these signings. Morgan looks a talented young player watched him for St Mirren few weeks ago on alba (was waiting on them for a bet) and he was best player on the park. McLean is a big powerful midfielder type we need to bring energy. And big moult would do a job for us I think scored plenty for Motherwell last few years even when they had a poor season.

I'd definitelty take Moult. Have to say though, I'm baffled by the amount of posters who are calling him "Mould", how hard can it be to get his name right? o_O

Is the young lad from St. Mirren a bluenose?

Moult and McLean = squad players.

We need to improve the first 11. Adding average Scottish Premiership players won't make us any better.

We've better options than the above two already.

For January that’s probably about all we, and indeed a manager who has yet to convince, can expect.

Moult's in my starting eleven ahead of Windass, Pena, Herrera and Miller every day of the week that ends in a "Y"

Young Hardie's time will come, but right now we need a proven goalscorer, and Big Louie's ready to step up and play!
How about letting Hardie go to Motherwell on loan as part of the deal to get Moult in for a reduced fee in Jan?

Then we are seeing the young lad have game time in the same league. Dumbarton wanted him back for a year but I think its time to step up a league.

Not this crap about moult again

He is not better than what we have

Nadir ciftci was rattling the goals in for Dundee hibs. And where is he now? Plymouth argyle!

Randomly picking Ciftic as an example for not signing a player is nonsense- MacDonald signed from Motherwell,Thumb signed from Hibs-how did it workout for them? Equally as pointless

I believe all 3 would add something to our squad, which outwith the starting 11 is very thin. Looking at the bench can be depressing at times

Last edited:

How about letting Hardie go to Motherwell on loan as part of the deal to get Moult in for a reduced fee in Jan?

Then we are seeing the young lad have game time in the same league. Dumbarton wanted him back for a year but I think its time to step up a league.

That's a very decent shout.

One way or another we'll be making a move for Big Louie in January.

I'd be happy with all 3 of these players to be fair, good additions to the squad. Would like to see a natural left winger added too, not a midfielder or full back show horned in there.

Morgan, if it's true then should be a straightforward deal to conclude.

I'd let him stay at St Mirren til the summer but and try keep Dundee Utd down.

Reactions: cav
Lewis Morgan is a really good prospect, seen him a few times live and he has been great every time, type of signings we should be making.
Would also like to see us get both Moult & Walker, possibly Mclean on a pre contract as i don`t see Aberdeen taking an offer from us in January.

Not this crap about moult again

He is not better than what we have

Nadir ciftci was rattling the goals in for Dundee hibs. And where is he now? Plymouth argyle!

This argument is exceptionally stupid, bud.
For every Cifti, there'll be Novo or even Dodds.
Neither did us any harm on the park.

Told today that these are our 3 leading targets for the January window. We won't be pursuing Jamie Walker after his latest remarks.

For me, Big Louie would be a cracking signing. He would bring goals and a real physical presence we just don't have at the moment.

Can't say I'd be unhappy with any of these three.

If the club don't want Walker because of these comments then they seriously need to have a word with themselves.
We should already have had Morgan, long time before he broke through at St Mirren, and I'd have him in a heartbeat

Moult might be an option but not convinced about McLean.

Personally, if Calum Patterson is unable to get back in to the Cardiff team by January, I'd bring him back to Scotland to replace Tav

Have a cousin who is a St Mirren fan and he raves about Morgan. I have seen a few Youtube clips (I know!) and he looks like a very decent player. Good shot on him with either foot, runs well with the ball, moves into space and generally, just looks like a player who thinks about the game, on and off the field. From memory, he was part of the Rangers youth set up and was released for being too small, at that time. Thank God Messi's not Scottish eh. I would sign Morgan and loan him back to St Mirren for the remainder of the season.

As for Jamie Walker, his comments could just as easily read that 'bigger and better things' is referring to Hearts, not Rangers. If we want him, we will go and get him, simple as that. Comments can be misconstrued or taken out of context.

Moult and Maclean would strengthen the squad enormously. We have a decent first 11, but if you have looked at the bench for the last few matches, we really are scraping the barrel (and I don't mean that as offensive to those players, but there is a big gap between the first team and the reserves.)

If Pena doesn't get his finger out I'd be tempted to punt him in January along with Windass and Dalcio can go back to benfica.

Get these 3 + Naismith and Walker in and we won't be far away from them.

Told by whom? :) Can see a few championship clubs in for McLean, don't see Aberdeen being easy to deal with, would take Moult, need another goal scorer.

Can we not just sign him on a pre-contract from December, nothing they can do about it?

The only decision they would have would be whether to let him come in January for a nominal fee.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, you're a Hearts player Jamie. A Hearts player that has suffered a drastic loss of form and shown a poor attitude.

Publicly slapping down the only club that wanted to sign you shows you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier either.
He never done that, why lie?

Moult would score goals for us no problem.
McLean would be a good rotation option in the middle and/or coming in as part of a 3 man midfield.
Morgan has cracking potential. The standard of some of his strikes are highly impressive and he has pace to burn.

I'd take all 3. Not every signing HAS to be a first team regular, we still need good options so we can ship the rest of the deadwood out.

Moult's in my starting eleven ahead of Windass, Pena, Herrera and Miller every day of the week that ends in a "Y"

Young Hardie's time will come, but right now we need a proven goalscorer, and Big Louie's ready to step up and play!
Windass and Pena, who play in completely different positions and completely different styles bringing completely different options to the table :D

Personally Mclean would be in my starting 11 over Hodson.

I've seen Morgan a good few times in the Championship and with Scotland 21s and he looks a talented player.

I'm pretty sure there will be other teams in for him.

I wonder if there is still any interest from the board in getting Naismith signed?

There has been no interest in bringing Naismith back from the current board or Caixinha despite the player shamelessly whoring himself in the last window.

His betrayal still cuts deep and personally I can't see any way back for him.

Morgan, if it's true then should be a straightforward deal to conclude.

I'd let him stay at St Mirren til the summer but and try keep Dundee Utd down.
What am I missing?
If we 'buy' him in January, he comes to us there and then. If we want to leave him there till the summer then he's a pre contract signing for free not a fee.

If we are after Moult, Walker, McLean or this kid, all pre contracts for me. We can spend the cash on a loan in Jan rather than give a penny to Aberdeen etc if we need a Jan transfer boost.

Back