Danny Wilson
Hodson
All 4 out of contract in the summer

Moult
Walker
McLean
All 3out of contract in the summer.

We could improve the squad and save money
Don't mean to be pedantic mate,but Hodson is contracted until 2019.Hardie,Bates and Thompson are all out of contract next summer as well as the other three you mentioned though which makes six in total I'd expect won't be offered new deals.That and I doubt Nemane or Dalcio will be retained either.

That's eight squad players that'll need replaced,not counting if we managed to shift Hodson,Rossiter etc.
I'd take Moult,McLean,Walker in the summer for free alright but I wouldn't be paying a fee in January.

The only one worth chasing then is the young lad at St.Mirren from what I've heard.

Moult should be nowhere near Rangers, FFS standards are dropping if this below average lump is considered good enough for us

Told today that these are our 3 leading targets for the January window. We won't be pursuing Jamie Walker after his latest remarks.

For me, Big Louie would be a cracking signing. He would bring goals and a real physical presence we just don't have at the moment.

Can't say I'd be unhappy with any of these three.

Sorry but those 3 won’t see us getting any closer to the mhanks!

So we won't go after a player who would improve us because of something he said to get Hearts fans off his back? It'd be pretty stupid of us considering we're screaming out for a wide player at this current time.

Don't mean to be pedantic mate,but Hodson is contracted until 2019.Hardie,Bates and Thompson are all out of contract next summer as well as the other three you mentioned though which makes six in total I'd expect won't be offered new deals.That and I doubt Nemane or Dalcio will be retained either.

That's eight squad players that'll need replaced,not counting if we managed to shift Hodson,Rossiter etc.
I'd take Moult,McLean,Walker in the summer for free alright but I wouldn't be paying a fee in January.

The only one worth chasing then is the young lad at St.Mirren from what I've heard.
Gutter about Hodson, I was sure it was a two year deal...basturt

So we won't go after a player who would improve us because of something he said to get Hearts fans off his back? It'd be pretty stupid of us considering we're screaming out for a wide player at this current time.

Adding to that, the decision makers at the club are telling the players who we are trying to sign and why exactly they have changed their mind on a transfer target..

I would take the whole thing with a massive pinch of salt.

For me the next 2 windows are all about quality, we have brought in the squad players with a bit of quality - next 2 windows we need buy the players who will step us up a level, not SPL jobbers.
I agree, anybody we get should be a 1st team pick.

I know we don't have the millions of the 90's to spend but these targets do depress . Why are we only interested in players in our own backyard . Surely we should be looking world wide

Eh?

We've got guys from Portugal, Mexico and Colombia
Moult should be nowhere near Rangers, FFS standards are dropping if this below average lump is considered good enough for us

Heard the same about Sone Aluko and Thumbheid when were linked with them. Moult has something about him and could go on to be a Rangers cult hero.

Wilson & Hodson simply aren't good enough. Niko's legs have gone and mush as I adore Kenny Miller he's coming to the end of his career.
So who is your source, Jack or Dorrans? What one has come out to you and personally said we are not going to sign Walker because an interview in the papers? I smell shite from your original thread.

Gutter about Hodson, I was sure it was a two year deal...basturt
Aye,no offence to the lad but he's been horrific for us most of the time.I'd still hope someone will take him down south given he's a N.I. International.but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.
I expect about ten players to leave in the summer-four/five bosmans,two/three quality first teamers,and a couple of the lads stepping up from the development squad would be preferable imo to replace them.

So who is your source, Jack or Dorrans? What one has come out to you and personally said we are not going to sign Walker because an interview in the papers? I smell shite from your original thread.

Let's just say Rangers were less than pleased with some of his comments which were uncalled for.

And that shite you smell is because your nose is too near your arse.

Made up nonsense. FWIW, guys like Moult and Walker would strengthen our pool, not our starting 11. We need a better 11, but also need guys who could contribute when they come on. Bringing on Moult rather than Miller would make me more optimistic.

“Rangers aren’t the be-all and end-all. It’s up to me to show what I can do and maybe get something better.

“In January I might have a few offers. I’ll be a free agent and if I’m playing well enough, there might be a decision to be made.”

Meanwhile, back in the real world, you're a Hearts player Jamie. A Hearts player that has suffered a drastic loss of form and shown a poor attitude.

Publicly slapping down the only club that wanted to sign you shows you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier either.

Let's just say Rangers were less than pleased with some of his comments which were uncalled for.

And that shite you smell is because your nose is too near your arse.
So this person that told you this today signed for us in the last transfer window and knows we are after 3 players and not after Walker? Who would have told this player of these transfer activities?

My arse is nowhere near my arse pal.

I will confim you are talking shite and just an attention seeker.

Told today that these are our 3 leading targets for the January window. We won't be pursuing Jamie Walker after his latest remarks.

For me, Big Louie would be a cracking signing. He would bring goals and a real physical presence we just don't have at the moment.

OR......... possibly the OP was speaking to a Scottish player we signed in the last window?

Think Moult would end up like Sandaza , great at lesser club but will struggle in bigger club due to lack of space against lesser teams .....

Players like Moult are a gamble, as are all players to an extent. Whilst it pains me to say it, sellick do well with thumbheid and armstrong by way of examples of Scottish based players who can step up. Yes, there are plenty of examples of players that didn't step up but I don't see how we can afford to buy the level above those players that might, or how so many are sure we can't challenge with them? Sure, we need a couple of gems like sellick have unearthed. Only a couple mind and our DOF may well deliver.

I am glad I am not the only person to not have a clue who Morgan is.

I agree with the sentiment Moult, Walker and McLean would only improve the squad, not the first 11. We need to be finding 2 or 3 more like Morelos out there
The problem is most other clubs are looking for these 2/3 others and they cost money. We need to spend to ensure we can move clear of Aberdeen claim the 2nd spot with more rebuilding in the summer to keep closing on them.

I think the manager would be better going for proven players here and improve them further (Playing with better players is the first part) instead of risking it on guys from central & South America.

McLean won't be leaving Aberdeen for Rangers unless it's a free transfer in the summer.

Report in the Press & Journal a few weeks back now was they expected him to leave on a bosman in the summer they know he will not resign with them. I doubt he'll sign for us in January unless it is a pre contract.

Being told by your mate in your local does not make it an exclusive.

If it was me, I'd bin this type of thread straight away.

You don't and never have had a source.

Perhaps, but that wouldn't scupper a transfer on its own. I'd like to think the powers that be at Rangers are smart enough to know his comments were aimed at a Hearts audience.

The players to buy now are those with potential in the U21 Internationals, some crackers out there worth a punt who could be picked up for a small fee or free-

Danish kid; Robert Skov I can see going onto bigger things. Winger with a Peach of a dig on him.

Last edited:
Wilson, Bates, Elton, Niko, Miller, Hardie, J. Thompson, Nemane, Dalcio....

All players out of contract or loan ending next year.

If Moult, Mclean, Morgan and Walker take 4 of those 9 spots for minimal outlay and are confirmed by January I'd say that's good business. Then we can concentrate on better quality at full back and central defence, some more guile for attacking midfield and wide areas and another striker. I'd be more than happy with Morelos, Herrara, Moult and another going into next season as our options up front.

You fancy having a wager that JW signs for Rangers?

Nothing wrong with picking up squad players for buttons. It means we can spend money on a smaller number of high quality players in the summer.

Not sure we need any squad players. Was hoping we would sign 4 or 5 genuine talents to supplement what we already have, next time round.

Would take Morgan for sure, would pass on the other two (unless we're shipping out more players than expected).

I’m skeptical, I can’t see Rangers pulling out of the Walker deal,just because of comments probably coming from his agent. He’s a young talented Scot who’d we get for next to nothing,so it would make sense to sign him.
As for the others,I think Mclean will come in the summer, I think Moult and Morgan would be useful additions to the squad in January.

Our squad is still very much work in progress. The players mentioned who are coming to the end of their contracts should be shown the door along with one or two others. Still need to strengthen with squad players as well as some definite first 11 starters. Moult, Walker, McLean, Morgan would be good replacements and would defo strengthen the squad, not sure they are first 11 starters.

Pedro has still got a massive job on and if he is given time, needs two more transfer windows, hopefully we will have a team capable of challenging for top spot next season. Will he get time tho? That is the 100 million dollar question?

I’m skeptical, I can’t see Rangers pulling out of the Walker deal,just because of comments probably coming from his agent. He’s a young talented Scot who’d we get for next to nothing,so it would make sense to sign him.
As for the others,I think Mclean will come in the summer, I think Moult and Morgan would be useful additions to the squad in January.
Don’t think Hearts will be any easier to deal with in January, they’ll have a point to prove over Walker.

Ah yes. I've missed the ITK threads since the transfer window closed. Roll on January :)

Meanwhile, back in the real world, you're a Hearts player Jamie. A Hearts player that has suffered a drastic loss of form and shown a poor attitude.

Publicly slapping down the only club that wanted to sign you shows you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier either.

Dakota or Diesel not sure which one !

Do you honestly think the DOF and others close to him go around telling all the staff at Ibrox who we'll be chasing in the next window,who then tell every Tom, Dick and Gullible? It would be extremely foolish if they do.
More likely to have come from the signing targets if they are indeed signing targets. Lets hope we are setting our sights a bit higher.

Mclean improves our midfield straight away good player, the young boy from st mirren is a player for the future with potential sell on value and moults record speaks for itself with goals, cannot turn our nose up at guys like that for free. Not saying they are going to win us the title but you need depth, morelos goes out and we are F*cked. All players also the right side of 30 for a change. Not sure where the OP got his info from right enough ..

The problem is most other clubs are looking for these 2/3 others and they cost money. We need to spend to ensure we can move clear of Aberdeen claim the 2nd spot with more rebuilding in the summer to keep closing on them.

I think the manager would be better going for proven players here and improve them further (Playing with better players is the first part) instead of risking it on guys from central & South America.
Exactly this

Back