Mourhino not holding back talking about the Man City Decision

The Fine was for non compliance with the UEFA Investigation. Man City refused to co-operate as the alleged information against them had been obtained illegally.

The CAS ruling states they didn't disguise equity as sponsorship revenue which was the financial doping part of the accusations against them.

Its crazy they've been allowed to play in Europe despite failing the FFP!

The precedent has now been set and now all the top sides wont care, knowing they can just appeal it and get a wee fine...

absolutely spot on, either they are guilty and they should have a ban, or they are innocent and there should be no fine

He was perfectly happy to spend Abramovic's millions without worrying about fairness. That helped him win titles for Chelsea and boost his reputation as a manager.
He was also perfectly happy boosting his reputation by taking over a troubled Porto mob, turning them around with little cash and loan signings, winning their league title then the uefa cup and the CL in consecutive seasons. Chelsea maybe saw something there.

Whatever else he has made an arse of since, Mourhino walked the walk.

Its crazy they've been allowed to play in Europe despite failing the FFP!

The precedent has now been set and now all the top sides wont care, knowing they can just appeal it and get a wee fine...

None of the top sides care anyway. They're all at it with workarounds like training ground sponsorship or loaning players with mandatory agreements to buy. The only clubs that FFP effects are the smaller clubs, it's a mean to ensure they don't dare compete.

He was perfectly happy to spend Abramovic's millions without worrying about fairness. That helped him win titles for Chelsea and boost his reputation as a manager.
Your point is absolutely meaningless. He broke absolutely no rules doing it.

He also had a hell of a reputation before that by winning the champions league with Porto, with far less cash than clubs from the big leagues.

Based on this interview alone..

He isn't complaining that city had money? Ffp is a new rule and going back to before then to try call someone a hypocrite seems silly?

Mourinho isn't complaining about city in any way. He's just simply stating not guilty = no punishment and if you are guilty then the punishment should be more than some pocket change or a slap on the wrist. Wether city has money or not doesn't really change the situation he's moaning about.

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with mourinho here he's absolutely spot on

He is not offering an opinion on their guilt - quite rightly- just simply pointing out that if you are exonerated, you should not be fined even one pound.
So, are they guilty, a bit guilty or what???
Yeah, I'm not sure who is corrupt here. Man City or UEFA or both.

And as usual in todays world too many people are just going to take a side and decide purely based on what suits their agenda and try to work their logic backards from there. I'll wait to see what transpires.

Based on this interview alone..

He isn't complaining that city had money? Ffp is a new rule and going back to before then to try call someone a hypocrite seems silly?

Mourinho isn't complaining about city in any way. He's just simply stating not guilty = no punishment and if you are guilty then the punishment should be more than some pocket change or a slap on the wrist. Wether city has money or not doesn't really change the situation he's moaning about.

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with mourinho here he's absolutely spot on

He is completely wrong here.

Wasn't the fine for not co-operating with the investigation and they were cleared of the FFP charge?

I think the court ruled that the charges were time barred....Man City were not cleared, it's just that UEFA's own rules worked against them.

The fine was for not co-operating with UEFA.

Mourinho is wrong in what he is saying.

A lot of people forget the allegations cover the period 2012-2016 as well. It's not really related to the Pep Era as such.

Looking at the transfers they made in 2012:

51m on Javi Garcia, Matjia Nastasic, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair :eek: :eek:

That has nothing to do with it. He's saying they're either guilty - banned or not guily - nothing.
It's quite simple.

Before FFP was brought in to be fair.
That is a very fair point.

My comment wasn’t that Mourinho had broken any rules, just the irony (or hypocrisy) of him commenting in relation to FPP. There has always been investors pumping money into clubs, Jack Walker as a good example who outspent most clubs to take Blackburn to title, but the Abromovic/Mourinho years completely changed the face of football and ushered in the “sugar daddy” era.

It was probably their massive over-spending that actually mooted the whole concept of financial fair play in the start, and is the main source of why it is even a rule now.

Just to be a bit hypocritical myself - I do actually agree with everything he says in the video.

It was financial doping and they bought their way out of the charges.

What else do we expect from UEFA?

Jose will always be a hero in my eyes for Seville. Thank you Jose from the bottom of my heart.

Back