Mourinho is Spurs manager - confirmed

Jose will demand they spend more than they have ever done before. Will either by a masterstroke or a nightmare appointment, no in between.

I find it bizarre. Do Spurs fans not fancy themselves as a “cavalier football” team? That will be the end of that then.
What I also found equally as bizarre was the thread that surfaced on here when the rumours began. All of a sudden Mourinho was a great manager again after being absolutely slaughtered when he was at Man Utd. What has changed?

A disaster waiting to happen.

Yesterday's man.

ChiefSociableHochstettersfrog-small.gif

Spurs fans have always enjoyed watching decent football but now they better be prepared to be bored to death.
They have enjoyed watching good football and won nothing, all style and no substance, would swap good football for trophies and Jose’s Style might be boring but if it brings trophies then that’s all that matters.

Walter didn’t exactly play exciting silky football but we hauled in a ton of trophies and I wouldn’t swap the trophies for better football.

Wow that was very quick. Spurs taken a big gamble, don’t get me wrong he’s a top manager but they twisted too soon

The not so gifted one must have been promised an open chequebook if turns out this is what has happened then Pocahontas would rightly be pissed off but I imagine the very large pay of talk of 12m will sooth his soul.

They have enjoyed watching good football and won nothing, all style and no substance, would swap good football for trophies and Jose’s Style might be boring but if it brings trophies then that’s all that matters.

Walter didn’t exactly play exciting silky football but we hauled in a ton of trophies and I wouldn’t swap the trophies for better football.

Fair point and ultimately you're right but he did get Spurs to a Champions League Final.

He could prove me so wrong, but the game has changed so much I just can't but think it's going to be a disaster.
Time will tell.

Spurs fans have always enjoyed watching decent football but now they better be prepared to be bored to death.

Spurs have always been perennial under achievers who win nothing.

Maybe not this season, but they now have a realistic chance to win a trophy.

He's going to need to be backed, they are likely to lose Alderweireld and Vertonghen for free in the summer. Eriksen also, but you feel Mourinho won't be too bothered about losing him.

There's talent there to work with, if they back him with CB's I think he'll do a typically good job.

I find it bizarre. Do Spurs fans not fancy themselves as a “cavalier football” team? That will be the end of that then.
What I also found equally as bizarre was the thread that surfaced on here when the rumours began. All of a sudden Mourinho was a great manager again after being absolutely slaughtered when he was at Man Utd. What has changed?
He’s no managing united who are absolute dog shite

Spurs have always been perennial under achievers who win nothing.

Maybe not this season, but they now have a realistic chance to win a trophy.

You may well be right, but I can't see it.

As I said we shall see.

One of us will be proved right that's for sure.

Fair point and ultimately you're right but he did get Spurs to a Champions League Final.

He could prove me so wrong, but the game has changed so much I just can't but think it's going to be a disaster.
Time will tell.

The season Spurs were runners up to Leicester they bottled it.
Jose in charge that season they win the league IMO.
He knows how to win and get the job done whereas Poch has won nothing and hasn’t shown he knows how to win trophies.
However compared to Pep and Klopp he may well be yesterdays man.
Spurs just got rid of the 3rd best manager in the league and have replaced him with someone who is likely to be 3rd best at the moment.
He isn’t better than Pep or Klopp.
He may have won more in the past but Pep and Klopp are 2 off the best in world football at the moment

Last edited:

Probably the realisation that the players they have are not up to the task, and that Jose finishing second with them was actually near miraculous

I like Jose. Be interesting to see how things go. He can perhaps turn Spurs from a team that everyone laughs at to a team that people want to see lose.

I like Jose, always had a bit of man love for him. He won trophies at Man Utd and folk just wave that away like it’s nothing. He’s still box office in terms of management and is capable of winning things with any team. Great appointment

I genuinely think he will do well with them, with a couple of sound additions he can have them competing for majors.

I think he will be good here. The fact its a London club is ideal for him. Yes he was a bit of a car crash at Man U with some of his signings but he's been a top drawer manager everywhere else. He has a really good base of players to work with, it's some job but I think he's going to do well.

Back