Mourinho is Spurs manager - confirmed

Time for Spurs to get away from this open expansive pretty football that looks good but delivers nothing. Mourinho will reign it in a bit but still don't see them winning anything anytime soon.

As above, Jose will be a good watch. I'm sure he'll boost Spurs immediately, but will be interesting to see what funds he's been promised, and what funds he ends up getting. I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome when he takes his new side to Chelsea :)

Lol,can't wait to see that horrible lot that follow spuds, backtracking and eating humble pie about Jose,after all the pish they spouted about him over the years as Chelsea and united manager.
Love it,the shitebags should be raging but no doubt will be hailing him as the special one.

Initially thought it would be a disaster, but his interview has changed my thoughts.

Seems like he has got his passion & charm back, just looks a lot happier. If he does, he’ll do well.

Is the official club interview? The real test will be when he sits in front of the press. Right from the off at United he was sulking and complaining at the press and just seemed miserable.

I hope it’s more the Mourinho of old though, the one that’s crashed and burned in his last 3 jobs is just a joyless pain in the arse.

So if the rumours about Vertongen, Eriksson and Kane are true. What good does changing the manager do in respect of this rift within the squad?

Taking a bit of an objective look at Pochettino, he hasn't really done much to be honest.
  • They've won 40 points in 30 games this year. Played 30 - Won 11, Drew 7 and Lost 12. Points per game = 1.33. That's barely better than relegation form.
  • He's reached two cup finals (lost both) in half a decade, finished second in the league on one occasion. "In perpetual crisis and useless" Arsenal have reached four cup finals, won two of them and finished second in the League on one occasion in the same time period.
  • On three occasions his team played in the Europa League and never got further than the last 16. In two of those occasions English teams that finished significantly lower than them in the Premier League either made the final or won the trophy (Liverpool in 15/16 and Manchester United in 16/17).
  • He's spent over a quarter of a billion on incoming players prior to this season (£256.4m from Summer 2014 - January 2018) and another £90m this season already. With the crop of youngsters Spurs have and the spending, you'd expect a lot more of them.
Sure, they played good football, he's made them a "top 4" team in the last couple of years and has brought through some promising prospects, but I don't think that's enough for a side that's starting to think of themselves as one of the biggest sides in Europe.

As above, Jose will be a good watch. I'm sure he'll boost Spurs immediately, but will be interesting to see what funds he's been promised, and what funds he ends up getting. I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome when he takes his new side to Chelsea :)
Chelsea fans adored him, as if going to United and spouting pish wasn't bad enoughh, going to the English equivalent of the sheep staggers he will be treated with utter contempt, and quite rightly so.
Hope both he and spuds fail miserably,both a set of shitebags who are made for each other.

Chelsea fans adored him, as if going to United and spouting pish wasn't bad enoughh, going to the English equivalent of the sheep staggers he will be treated with utter contempt, and quite rightly so.
Hope both he and spuds fail miserably,both a set of shitebags who are made for each other.
Never thought about how upset the Spartak Fulham fans would be at him. Well done Jose, what a man.

Pochettino has never won a Trophy as a Manager at any club so you can see why it was time for a change at Spurs

And I'll ask this question again what is the weird hatred for Spurs on this FF, Its f$%king bizarre

Never thought about how upset the Spartak Fulham fans would be at him. Well done Jose, what a man.
Very good :)) usually it's Chelski, but that's really amusing and witty.
Post of the thread imo,well done sir,would love to spend an evening with you and listen to your childish banter,I'm sure my sides would be sore with laughter.

Superb appointment for Spurs and Mourinho, everything is in place there for him to build something and I wont be surprised if he has them challenging within the next 3 years.

Pochettino has never won a Trophy as a Manager at any club so you can see why it was time for a change at Spurs

And I'll ask this question again what is the weird hatred for Spurs on this FF, Its f$%king bizarre

I don't follow any English side but I quite like Tottenham.

Can't stand any of the Manchester sides, Chelsea or Liverpool.

Like Mourinho said, the Tottenham set up is outstanding; training centre, academy, new stadium, playing squad.

I hope he does well with Spurs, he needs to re-invent himself, as his last 3/4 years in football management he looked utterly fed up and miserable, be good to see the man who led Chelsea and Inter.

What a simpletons way to view football.
Or a realists view?

History remembers winners, not those who punched above their weight compared to the resources they had.

Unless Pochettino wins something in his career going forward, then sadly he won't be widely remembered, no matter how good a job he does.

I don't think that's enough for a side that's starting to think of themselves as one of the biggest sides in Europe.

A process and place they are in because of him - he has taken them on miles from where they were when he arrived, done it with an outrageous net spend when compared to the teams he was against while taking and developing players to absurd levels, he has increased the value of the football club and left in a far healthier shape than when he arrived.

It’s all well and good saying what he has spent etc / he has done it in a league when numerous clubs have spent far more

Last edited:
A process and place they are in because of him - he has taken them on miles from where they were when he arrived, done it with an outrageous net spend when compared to the teams he was against while taking and developing players to absurd levels, he has increased the value of the football club and left in a far healthier shape than when he arrived.

It’s all well and good saying what he has spent etc / he has done it in a league when numerous clubs have spent far more

Ok he done a great job with them...but now they're in 14th place in the league and their record has been abysmal for months. Time to go.

Di Matteo got bagged after winning the CL fs.

Or a realists view?

History remembers winners, not those who punched above their weight compared to the resources they had.

Unless Pochettino wins something in his career going forward, then sadly he won't be widely remembered, no matter how good a job he does.

No, that’s fucken ridiculous - the premise it is only teams who win can be managed well is just a load of baws

Pochettino hasnt “won” things John Hughes and Di Matteo have, does that mean they are “better” managers, of course it doesn’t.

Would Pochettino have had a “better” season last year if Spurs were dicked out the Champions League finished 10th but won the League Cup, to most, no.

Ok he done a great job with them...but now they're in 14th place in the league and their record has been abysmal for months. Time to go.

You’d drown in a puddle such is your ability to find yourself out your depth.

You're full of it haha. Pochettino did a good job but as others have said, he's won nothing. Arsenal who have been in turmoil for years have won more, as have Man Utd.

What good is having a healthy bank balance? Surely football is about winning? He deserved to be sacked, the same way Mourinho deserved to be sacked in his final season at Chelsea.

Lots of input from some in particular, as you'd imagine in a Jose thread.

Great, fit for Spurs.

He'll win a trophy next season. And will be the main challenger to Liverpool, when Pep leaves end of season.

Top, manager.

No, that’s fucken ridiculous - the premise it is only teams who win can be managed well is just a load of baws

Pochettino hasnt “won” things John Hughes and Di Matteo have, does that mean they are “better” managers, of course it doesn’t.

Would Pochettino have had a “better” season last year if Spurs were dicked out the Champions League finished 10th but won the League Cup, to most, no.
Not doubting that. However when the history books are written, Hughes and Di Matteo go down in them as winners. Pochettino doesn't thus far.

Not saying it's right. Not saying it makes them better mangers. Just that realistically, to be remembered, a manager needs to win something.

I’ve enjoyed watching Spurs for the last few years, but I’m expecting that to change now. Expecting the pragmatic side of Jose to emerge and concentrate on tightening them up defensively rather than going all gung-ho.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Poch in charge at Utd or possibly Everton before Christmas.

can’t see him taking the Everton job ( were it to become available) he’ll have his sights on a bigger job along the lines of Utd, Bayern or PSG.

Poch is not a top tier manager, not in the same league as Mourinho and Klopp.

What Klopp done with Dortmund, taking them from mid table to consistently challenging Peps Bayern in all competitions while turning a massive profit on transfers, winning titles, cups and reaching CL final, and what Mourinho done with Porto and Inter. Pochs a nearly man and despite them not spending 100s of millions, he had a lot of good players at his disposal and should always be top 4 with that squad.

I think people will look back and wonder how on earth Klopp won a CL with that Liverpool squad who are bang average on paper bar Mane, Salah and Van Dijk, even Salah was just a decent player at Roma, not really a superstar.

can’t see him taking the Everton job ( were it to become available) he’ll have his sights on a bigger job along the lines of Utd, Bayern or PSG.

They pay big bucks and would probably give him more money than Spurs to spend. Would depend on his ambitions I suppose

Poch is not a top tier manager, not in the same league as Mourinho and Klopp.

What Klopp done with Dortmund, taking them from mid table to consistenly challenging Peps Bayern in all competitions while turning a massive profit on transfers, and what Mouruinho done with Porto and Inter. Pochs a nearly man and despite them not spending 100s of millions, he had a lot of good players at his disposal and should always be top 4 with that squad.

Had Inter not won the league three years in a row before Jose took over?

More alkie arses blabbering about an astonishing manager. They know more about running a club than him. STFU you clueless fkpigs and judge him after a few years. Now hurry to the pub and spout your genius comments.

14th place sounds awful, but it’s also worth noting they’re 3 points off 5th place.

Wonder if Levy has promised him money in the transfer window? Can’t see Jose being happy with no new signings and/ or money to spend.

Wonder if Levy has promised him money in the transfer window? Can’t see Jose being happy with no new signings and/ or money to spend.
Just read Mourinhos interview with spurs channel. this bit stood out
"It's a privilege when a manager goes to a club and feels that happiness in relation to the squad he is going to have," he said.
"It didn't happen many times. To be honest, the majority of the times we go to clubs and we always think 'we like some, I don't like enough' and you think immediately about what to do to change, what to do to make an approach between your ideas and the profile of the players.
"This is a completely different case. I really like this squad."

Sounds like one of 2 things,
he has been warned there will not be big 150 - 200mill signings or, during his time away he has developed a new approach in his head re younger players and maybe a change in playing style.

I think the game has passed him bye and he will fail again though.

You're full of it haha. Pochettino did a good job but as others have said, he's won nothing. Arsenal who have been in turmoil for years have won more, as have Man Utd.

What good is having a healthy bank balance? Surely football is about winning? He deserved to be sacked, the same way Mourinho deserved to be sacked in his final season at Chelsea.

Aiming at a point no one has made and still missing it, mental.

he has been warned there will not be big 150 - 200mill signings or, during his time away he has developed a new approach in his head re younger players and maybe a change in playing style.

I think the game has passed him bye and he will fail again though.
Good piece in the Independent about how everything Jose is supposed to have impressed Levy with as regards a new philosophy is exactly what he said to Utd and look how that turned out.

Good piece in the Independent about how everything Jose is supposed to have impressed Levy with as regards a new philosophy is exactly what he said to Utd and look how that turned out.

2nd to City in the league, won a treble. And got to the FA Cup Final.

Not as bad as it would have been under just about any other manager.

Back