Mourinho - Making the Europa Conference 'special'.

kMac1

This week I feel that Jose Mourinho has really talked this trophy/competition up, and why shouldn't he! It is a European trophy after all. You could see his celebrations afterwards tonight, that he really enjoyed it.

For me Mourinho has set the standard now....this is a European trophy and its not to be looked down upon!

Look at the comments made by Brendan Rodgers earlier this season, he turned his nose up at, and I fear alot of others still do. But tonight, I hope it changes alot of people's opinions on this competition.

Seeing Roma win it tonight, made me so jealous, I would bite their hand off for that trophy!

I like Mourinho and that was only amplified by the Spurs documentary Amazon
I was team Pep during the el Classico rivalry and eye poke nonsense. But now it’s actually a role reversal in likeability, there’s a steely but human aspect to the Greatness a little like Sir Alex or more aptly Bobby Robson

Another win for football tonight with 2 proper historical clubs (or do Roma have some wild unscrupulous investors)

I can’t get excited about it to be honest.

Maybe that will change as the years pass by, and it grows.

Personally I hope we’re never in it. The prize of a place in the Europa League group stage is something we would pretty much get with our current coefficient anyway, and feels very meh.

This week I feel that Jose Mourinho has really talked this trophy/competition up, and why shouldn't he! It is a European trophy after all. You could see his celebrations afterwards tonight, that he really enjoyed it.

For me Mourinho has set the standard now....this is a European trophy and its not to be looked down upon!

Look at the comments made by Brendan Rodgers earlier this season, he turned his nose up at, and I fear alot of others still do. But tonight, I hope it changes alot of people's opinions on this competition.

Seeing Roma win it tonight, made me so jealous, I would bite their hand off for that trophy!
This trophy will grow in importance the same way the Europa has ,yes it's the third tier but still a European trophy and you will see a few big names win it in the coming years

Rodgers is a complete and utter clown with his comments. The closest he'll come to a European trophy is looking at one in a museum.

I have no idea what most of these managers of provincial English clubs are talking about when they get into European Knockout stages these days. I get that winning the European Cup is the goal, but that's become a monopoly and a completely closed shop amongst 4-5 clubs, unless you are bankrolled by a country.

Teams like leicester turning noses up at this competition is fucking hilarious

Who the %^*& do they think they are?

Nonsense. If we were ever to win in it we’d be celebrating like it was the Champions League.
No we wouldn't.

We'd be celebrating winning a trophy but i genuinely believe that the majority of rangers fans would not celebrate it like it was the champions league.

No we wouldn't.

We'd be celebrating winning a trophy but i genuinely believe that the majority of rangers fans would not celebrate it like it was the champions league.
What right would we have to look down on this European trophy? Is it because of the name, that has derogatory connotations in the UK?

Be the best day of my life if we won the conference league. Don’t think we will though, can’t see us ending up there unless we seriously tail off.

No we wouldn't.

Well a would certainly celebrate like Rangers had won there 2nd European trophy

Well. Yeah.

It is a European trophy but it's the Harry Ramsdens euro cup.

If you're in it you might as well get to win it but you really don't want to be there.
Yeah, I'd much prefer getting beaten like a rented mule by Qatar FC or Saudi Arabia FC in the European Super League than win a different European Trophy.

The snobbery towards it from some is unreal. Supporters of clubs who haven't left a mark on european football in years or even qualify for it in the first place thinking they are above it is the kind of arrogance i hope never becomes the majority for us. I don't think the gap in quality between the europa and conference is massive either, five of the eight teams who were in the quarter-finals of the conference this season had made the quarter-finals or better of the champions or europa league in the last six years, hardly a tournament on nobodies.

It's a competition that you can get knocked out of two superior tournaments and still win.

For that reason it's nothing like winning the CWC, but it would still be worth winning if we ended up in it.

Can't understand fans who turn their nose up at the Europa Conference trophy tbh. A European cup is a European cup.
As a fan I never want to lose any game in any competition. Yes other things are more important than others but I don’t want to lose. Winning is winning

To be honest I can see us wining this before one of the other two. It’s very sad, but perhaps this is our true level. :(

I can’t get excited about it to be honest.

Maybe that will change as the years pass by, and it grows.

Personally I hope we’re never in it. The prize of a place in the Europa League group stage is something we would pretty much get with our current coefficient anyway, and feels very meh.
We probably felt like that about the europa league when we were in the champions league. Nowadays I actually think europa is our level and we can compete in it.

%^*& that. We were a penalty shootout away from winning the Europa League, we were competitive right till the last kick. That’s easily our level.
We out-performed our status to get to Seville. I was absolutely delighted to get there, but we upset the odds in virtually all the knockout rounds.
I was at the game in Seville and it was the hardest result I have endured in 45 years of following my team.
If we got to play a Roma, Leicester, Marseille, Bundesliga team in a European Conference League final, we would be the underdogs on the basis of income, playing in a league miles below the standard of our opponents and qualify of player that allows you to bring in.
I would give anything to get to that final and win a European trophy

Money grabbing uefa shite. Of course we would be happy to lift a euro trophy but anyone thinks that’s what we should aspire to this is bonkers. Eurotrash. Ppl here spouting the importance of the conference league… ffs ‍♂️

%^*& that. We were a penalty shootout away from winning the Europa League, we were competitive right till the last kick. That’s easily our level.
Let’s be honest here. The draw opened up for us and several favourites fell along the way. We won’t be as fortunate every year. That’s why last week was such a precious chance to win it and why it’s so painful that we didn’t.

Back