Mourinho moaning about not being backed at Man Utd

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
Couldn't mark his neck with a blowtorch. Said Man City and Liverpool both backed Pep & Klopp in the transfer market whereas he wasn't backed.

This is a guy who spent about £400m during his time with Man Utd.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/city-b...ourinho-hits-out-at/wle1s501y79k1e25c0abjxmmu

"In the first season, Guardiola was not champion and it was really difficult, people were expecting a winning Manchester City," he said. "They were coming already from a winning period, they were champions with [Roberto] Mancini and [Manuel] Pellegrini.

"Some of the players were champions twice - [Sergio] Aguero, [Vincent] Kompany, lots of them. And in the second season, Pep made great decisions but great decisions that were supported.

"He didn't want [Pablo] Zabaleta and [Bacary] Sagna, two right-backs, he didn't want [Aleksandar] Kolarov, he didn't want [Gael] Clichy. In the same summer, he sold four full-backs, he got four full-backs.

"He got [Kyle] Walker, Danilo, [Benjamin] Mendy and I don't remember, [Oleksandr] Zinchenko or [Fabian] Delph or something. He was supported. You see Liverpool [playing on Saturday], and I was thinking how many of these players were at Liverpool before Jurgen arrived?

"No Alisson. No [Virgil] van Dijk. No [Andy] Robertson. No [Mohamed] Salah. No [Roberto] Firmino. No [Sadio] Mane. No Fabinho. No [Georginio] Wijnaldum - I don't think he played today [against Crystal Palace] - no Wijnaldum. No [Naby] Keita - this is work in depth.

"The other day I was speaking about the leadership in relation to the structure of the club. It's not just the leadership, it's everything, it's even the football ideas.

"So if you are a manager and if you have in your hands the ability to choose the players who follow your football identity, or follow the idea that you think is the best to win a certain competition, that's one thing. Another thing is if you are not able to do that."

Eric Bailly: £30m

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: £26m

Paul Pogba: £89m

Romelu Lukaku: £75m

Nemanja Matic: £40m

Alexis Sanchez: £30m

Victor Lindelof: £31m

Lee Grant: £1.5m

Fred: £50m

Diogo Dalot: £19m

Total: £391million

His comments since being given the bullet simply reinforce what a bitter, disillusioned old git he has become.

He is simply living off past glories but no doubt he will stumble into another massive gig before being quickly found out again ...

As well as the unholy amount of money he's spent on transfer fees, there will be a corresponding monthly wage bill for those players that would easily compare to Citeh or Liverpool's acquisitions over the same period. What's Sanchez on, a million a month?

There is a massive amount of posturing to Man Uniteds transfers business - it’s shiny key syndrome from the Glazers rather than acting like a football club who are trying to build a side.

Mourinho does have a point about this

As well as the unholy amount of money he's spent on transfer fees, there will be a corresponding monthly wage bill for those players that would easily compare to Citeh or Liverpool's acquisitions over the same period. What's Sanchez on, a million a month?

2 million a month

Ill do it for him. Liverpool spent less than Man Utd in the 2.5 years Mourinho was there.

Man City spent the equivalent of 1 Paul Pogba more. Mourinhos a crackpot.
I totally agree on the Jose situation. My English team is Arsenal but I knew superrangers would have the correct info.

The guys football philosophy hasn't moved on in 15 years

Needs to reinvent himself at a smaller club

Man Utd haven't had a transfer strategy since SAF and David Gill left. Chase a random big name every summer and try to shoe horn him into a struggling side.

This is the answer.

Problem wasn’t just Jose, it was the lack of direction from the board and the lack of a long term future plan.

There are figures going around showing that Klopps net transfer dealings at Anfield leave Liverpool out of pocket about two bob . Would be interested to see how jose does in that area

Used to really enjoy Mourinho’s appraoch. He brought a level of prefessionalism to the game which was uncommon at the time, he’s now the man the game left behind.

There are figures going around showing that Klopps net transfer dealings at Anfield leave Liverpool out of pocket about two bob . Would be interested to see how jose does in that area
Klopps gross spend was less than Mourinho and Liverpool were in net profit from transfers under Klopp until this season. The net spend blows Mourinho out the water, Mourinhos net at Man Utd is about -£350m.

The Coutinho transfer probably wiped out about half of Liverpools spend from the last 3 years. Great piece of business from Liverpool.

I watched the full Bein Sports program with him and he actually came across well and made massive sense in alot of what he was saying, it was really really good to listen to and that is from someone who isn't a Mourinho fan bar 90 mins in Seville.

When talking about this he did expand, and said if you say to your CEO I need a CB as a priority and would like a CM, and he comes back with a CM and tells you that is your lot what are you supposed to do, says the manager has to decide on the structure, I.E Who is scouting, who decides on the transfer, reading between the lines, Woodward clearly doing all the decision making at Man Utd, with not much input from the manager, it makes sense.

Also on Pogba (although not mentioned by name) says how are you supposed to trust a player who is late to training on the Wednesday because he was getting his hair cut, doesn't turn up on the Thursday and then plays half arsed in training on the Friday, how can you put him in the lineup.

Was a brilliant listen, they actually kept on talking to him as the Chelsea game was on and it was fascinating listening to some of it, Most of what he says he was bang on with, especially Expectations and certain managers getting more time other managers would never get, from both media to owners.

Back