Mourinho to Roma

This deserved its own thread away from the Serie A thread, will take over Roma from next season as Fonseca’s departure was confirmed today.

Roma punched above their weight earlier in the season, and have exceeded European expectations but are currently where they should be in the league (I still expected them to finish bottom half).

So it’s understandable that he’s leaving, very excited to see Jose back in the game but Roma have a lot of work to do in the summer.

Interesting move to be fair. Maybe the somewhat slower pace of play will suit his tactics better ?

That said, hope he fails miserably because %^*& Roma :D

This deserved its own thread away from the Serie A thread, will take over Roma from next season as Fonseca’s departure was confirmed today.

Roma punched above their weight earlier in the season, and have exceeded European expectations but are currently where they should be in the league (I still expected them to finish bottom half).

So it’s understandable that he’s leaving, very excited to see Jose back in the game but Roma have a lot of work to do in the summer.
Thought Sarri had it signed and sealed.

Regressing big club appointing a regressing big manager, what could go wrong?.

Roma are a bit of a riot and need a complete finish overhaul of players in the summer, this will be interesting.

Last edited:
I know they are big but they don't win much do they? Bit of a free hit for him.
They’ve exceeded any reasonable expectations of Europe this season, but are probably where they should be in the league - If not lower.

Rangers would beat them comfortably at top form.

I don’t think they’ll even get a conference place.

Hopefully does well, lots of teams competing around the top 6 or 7 in Italy. Roma have some right good players but will need to spend big if they want to compete for anywhere near the title.

"Eddie baby please...you were always the one!" He meant nothing, it was him phoning us, honest"

"Eddie baby please...you were always the one!" He meant nothing, it was him phoning us, honest"

All the way down the list till it’s “Mark (McGhee), we never wanted Jose, Eddie or the janitor to take the team, you were always the one”

A strange one, but I guess Roma need to roll the dice to get back to the top
Thought Sarri was nailed on though

They’ve exceeded any reasonable expectations of Europe this season, but are probably where they should be in the league - If not lower.

Rangers would beat them comfortably at top form.

I don’t think they’ll even get a conference place.
Bigger Club than Lazio aren't they? One match I want to go to that Derby.

Probably needed a new challenge away from England after recent failures.

Roma are no vintage of themselves by some distance but they are a club with potential, especially if a huge successful name like Jose can attack some decent players from other Italian clubs.

Its not easy to remember given all his recent jobs but his Inter side were something else.

Roma are the sort of club that Jose built his reputation with in the first place. An historic club from, let's face it, Italy's 3rd City (in footballing terms) and it's more less a free hit for him. His style of play could work better in Italy.

Jose is done with England, too much baggage there and I don't think he has the same respect or gravitas as he once did among the British football fans. He's still deeply respected on the continent though.

Feel bad for Chris Smalling mind you...

Bigger Club than Lazio aren't they? One match I want to go to that Derby.
They tend to draw bigger crowds but Lazio have won more, especially in the last few years when they won the Cup and Super Cup a few times.

But the derby is absolutely a spectacle.

They tend to draw bigger crowds but Lazio have won more, especially in the last few years when they won the Cup and Super Cup a few times.

But the derby is absolutely a spectacle.

You ever been to the derby mate? Is it still the same way it was with Ultras boycotting it and woman and children given one of the main stands?

Bit off topic but I bought my brother a ticket for Lazio v Inter and bought it for the wrong section and he was in the away end! Thankfully noticed before turning up in his Lazio gear haha.

I don't know why he bothers anymore. He's made tens of millions out of the game, and Roma is just an Italian Spurs where you aren't really going to win anything.

He must really love management. Fair play to him.

Aw naw! The list of candidates for the piggery dwindles again. At this rate they’ll end up with Kennedy as the last man standing. We can but hope.

You ever been to the derby mate? Is it still the same way it was with Ultras boycotting it and woman and children given one of the main stands?

Bit off topic but I bought my brother a ticket for Lazio v Inter and bought it for the wrong section and he was in the away end! Thankfully noticed before turning up in his Lazio gear haha.
Yeah I've been to a few games, in the Lazio end. Few wins, few losses but never a dull game.
There are no more boycotts which is for the best, it's absolutely shit otherwise as half of the game is about the fans and their choreographies trying to one-up each other. Kids wouldn't really be in the Curva anyway as it's not the most safe area (not really violence but crushes etc when a goal goes in). The women thing was exaggerated imo, they are welcome but the ultras said that the front few areas of the Curva were for them and only them.

And your brother would have been fine, Lazio and Inter fans have a long standing friendship. ;)

As for Mourinho at Roma: I wonder about those derby games now. I know he coached in Italy before but the Rome derby is a whole other beast than the Milan derby or games between Inter and Juve.

Back