Mourinho to Roma

You ever been to the derby mate? Is it still the same way it was with Ultras boycotting it and woman and children given one of the main stands?

Bit off topic but I bought my brother a ticket for Lazio v Inter and bought it for the wrong section and he was in the away end! Thankfully noticed before turning up in his Lazio gear haha.
That game's a sausage fest anyway so he'd probably have been alright.

Sarri gets a rough ride for being a bit of an oddball. I'd love him as Rangers manager if Gerrard left (God forbid).

He’s a cracking coach, great football too. Although his amateur football and banking background means football snobs look down on him.

Wasn’t even approached.

It has been the Italian press for the last 2 weeks that they’ve been talking to each other. Just read there that Paratici is leaving his role at Juventus to become the sporting director at Roma and Sarri wasn’t interested in working under him again.

He’s a cracking coach, great football too. Although his amateur football and banking background means football snobs look down on him.

It has been the Italian press for the last 2 weeks that they’ve been talking to each other. Just read there that Paratici is leaving his role at Juventus to become the sporting director at Roma and Sarri wasn’t interested in working under him again.
I really like Sari, Juve were wrong to let him go (and that’s without hindsight). From what I can gather Roma/Sarri had a brief chat in January, but nothing materialised and when Jose became available he was their man.

This must now be Jose’s last gig to show he still has the magic!

His Inter treble winning side was a team of warriors and he really got them on his side, does Jose work better with more seasoned players?

So he’s chosen Totti’s over totties.
a617d73f-e1a4-47ee-9fd8-1f8bc3b47048.gif

Glad he has got a start so quickly,times are hard for the over 50s looking for work at the moment.B-D

This must now be Jose’s last gig to show he still has the magic!

His Inter treble winning side was a team of warriors and he really got them on his side, does Jose work better with more seasoned players?

Funnily enough it was Roma that were close to getting the better of them that year.

Slowly going down the levels.

Used to be the "super clubs" who wanted him. Madrid, Inter, Chelsea and Manchester United are all CL winners.

Now he's basically a Europa League manager.

He can watch on next season as Rangers play in the big competition.

Shame really as Roma have been fairly entertaining to watch recently.
As has been mentioned it’s just his latest destroy and exit.
Surely he isn’t on anywhere near the wages he was in England.

Heard on the radio the other night hes been paid 66 million as a result of been sacked unbelievable

I like Jose, he must feel he's got a chance of success. Juve seem on the decline, the Atalanta bubble may burst next season with player sales, Inter are they not owned by the Chinese who scrapped their entire football side? Rino had been primed for the chop all season and is hanging on. Next season there could be an opening for Roma to improve

What I love about Italian clubs is they all demand success, and the owners are quick to bin a manager and cause mayhem if they don't get it.Mayhem is fun when it's not your team!

It's also nice for Celtic fans to see how quickly and efficiently big teams to about making elite appointments

They’ve exceeded any reasonable expectations of Europe this season, but are probably where they should be in the league - If not lower.

Rangers would beat them comfortably at top form.

I don’t think they’ll even get a conference place.
Why is Fonseca leaving then? Sounds like he's done a decent job.

Why is Fonseca leaving then? Sounds like he's done a decent job.
Probably just due to unrealistic expectations, they were 3rd till March which was much higher than they should have been.

The decline since then means they’ll probably miss out on Europe, not even get a Conference league place when 8 weeks ago they were in the CL places.

That decline and awful run of form is probably why to be honest.

Mourinho signing up for another destroy and exit then.
Must have a fair few bob in the bank by now with all his sackings.
Maybe not, hes obvs fired up taking a job that quickly. The circs around his Spurs sacking appear to have jarred badly.

Hes also passed up a lot of dough taking a job this quickly and its a pay cut on what he was getting off Spurs. Obvs he doesnt need the money but again it suggests hes ready to go.

Roma is an interesting job. Access to a very wide range of player markets and no problem persuading people to move over to Italy. The owners will give him plenty money and he'll have a wealth of contacts there from his time with Inter.

Juve on the decline.
Inter good but likely to be broken up this Summer.

The time is ripe and I think wed all like to see the old Jose back, regardless of what you think of him more recently. He was great and pure box office 24/7.

All the misery and negativity in the Universe compressed into a handy, Mourinho-sized packaged.

It looks like it is a long term project at Roma, where they actually seem to know their level and how long it is going to take, rather than Spuds thinking they are on the same level as the likes of City, Liverpool, and Chelsea.

Back